“Very nice business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #30 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very nice business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

a bit older, wierd hallways, but for business purposes it's good. Their internet in the room stinks...you have to go to the lobby. The breakfast buffet is good. The gym so so.

parking is easy and convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words..I am so happy to see that you found our property to be a "very nice business hotel" and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I do apologize for the speed of the internet while you were staying with us. We recently upgraded our system and usually have lightning fast speed in all of our rooms. Unfortunately, there was a network outage that affected our property and the speed was sporadic for a couple of days. However, the network was quickly restored.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Cordova, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during our trip to see Beyonce in Miami,FL and our over all experience was great!!! The rooms were clean, we had a room on the 16 floor not really much of a view but that didn't matter. The service was good and the downstairs lobby was very nice. Staff is very friendly as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our rooms to be clean and our staff friendly. I would also like to thank you for recommending our hotel. I will make sure I share your sentiments with my entire team and we hope to see you again soon!
New Berlin, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was my second week long stay at the Marriott North Fort Lauderdale. The staff was always courteous, attentive and pleasant as was my experience with the front desk reception, convenience store clerk, restaurant staff, housekeeping and Mike the shuttle driver. The room accommodations and decor appeared worn overall and the easy chair and foot rest were visibly dirty and stained. In my opinion, this time my stay at the Marriott North property was just an average -- overall experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that my entire team took such good care of you. I truly believe we have the best team in south Florida and I am glad that they delivered. I do apologize for the stained chair and I will send you a personal message so that we can get more information. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Bayonet Point, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We recently spent Friday & Saturday night there about a week ago and it was very nice, burger at the bar was very tasty, the bartender was personable and quick. The room was huge, and when I requested a balcony this was no prpblem for them. The front desk and concierge staff was very helpful and pleasant. Since my husband was in meetings Friday and Saturday I spent some time at the pool, then took the courtsey van over to the casino. I called around 11 pm and they sent someone to get me. They didn't have to because the courtsey van only runs until 9:30pm but they came anyways. All the furniture in the room was comfortable and the fee WIFI was appreciated. This hotel is located in the industrial area (there are stores & restaurants within a half of a mile of the hotel) Ft Lauderdale but not too far away from the beach, it was just a short drive away. I only really have one little complaint...we ordered breakfast in the room and it was very pricey, other then that wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Concierge floor with lounge very handy!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful review. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that my team went above and beyond to take care of you. I am also happy to see that you found your room to be large and you enjoyed the use of your balcony. We do hope to see you again soon!
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were on a shopping trip to Ft. Lauderdale and thought this would be a centrally located spot. The staff at the hotel were great, we had an annoying experience with inconsiderate and annoying teenage guests who keep everyone up at night on the floor we were on. The hotel gave us a complimentary night’s stay and moved us to a higher floor in the middle of the night, but really all we wanted was a good night’s sleep. Aside from that, if you are just in the area for a day or two this hotel should suffice, but any longer than that and I would prefer to stay at a more updated hotel. Although the lobby and eating areas looked recently updated, the rooms could do with some sprucing up. Having a car is a necessity if you want to get around. There are some food options close to the hotel but nothing spectacular.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you found our staff to be "great". I do apologize for the disturbance that you experienced from other guests. However, I am glad that my team handled it well and that you were compensated. We do hope to see you again soon!
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We know almost all Marriott hotels are good quality, but you never know for sure until you arrive.
We were very pleasantly surprised at what a nice hotel this is in Ft. Lauderdale. The staff is friendly and efficient, the restaurant is very comfortable and reasonably priced for quality food. We found the room to be large and very comfortable. We definitely would recommend it to couples, businesspeople and families.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay all around and that you found our staff to be "friendly and efficient". I am also happy to see that your room was clean and comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!
Longwood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We always have a wonderful stay here! Guests services is great. Front desk agents Breea and Z are terrific!!! Couldn't ask for better service! Looking forward to our next trip.
I was there on business and my husband came with me. Restaurant Blue Fire serves great food. Lizbeth, mooky and others in restaurant were outstanding!
Only suggestion is to provide the golf channel..... Would make it perfect. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that you found our service to be "great" and that Bria & Zerodia took such good care of you at the front desk. I am also thrilled that you enjoyed the food in our Blue Fire Grille and that Mookie & Liz also treated you so well.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott North? Share your experiences!