“Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The service wuz amazing, you'll hear no complaint's from my part. We were a party of four girls, stayed four nights before going to take our cruise. The pool is refreshing, its right beside the fitness room with fresh fruits. The Jacuzzi, nice and warm. We had wonderful sunny days so the experience wuz really breath taking for our first trip. Food delious a really like the BBQ Hamburger.
So if you travel to Fort Lauderdale I highly recommend this. (I wuz the one with the blue hair ;-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy to see that you found our service to be "amazing. I am also happy to see that you enjoyed our pool, the jacuzzi and that you found our food to be "delicious". We do hope to see you again the next time you are in Ft. Lauderdale.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Maria Lovely was excellent at helping me find my lost keys. I left them accidentally at the hotel recently, and she went above and beyond to help find them and return them to me. This is my first time staying at this hotel, and I absolutely felt like I was home away from home because of the overall service. Thank you Maria, Vanessa

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Good Afternoon Vanessa and thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy to see that Marie Lovely was able to find your keys and that she returned them to you. She is definitely the "best of the best" and we are very lucky to have her.

I am also quite pleased to see that you found all the rest of our team to be friendly. We hope to see you again soon!
Basingstoke,uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Check the details of the concierge level before booking this hotel especially timings - although it states 24 hours it is only staffed and therefore has fresh food at breakfast and evening time.
The buffet breakfast was good but the midday snack was fruit. No afternoon tea was available but it still appears on their details.Although the evening meal on the first night was good the same items appeared the following nights - no alternatives offered.Unlimited beverages was either Coke,water or coffee.
Took up the apparent discrepancies with Carolina Stone ( Reception Manager ) who seemed unable to resolve the situation but along came Stuart Levy ( General Manager ) who sorted everything to our satisfaction within a minute!!!
As per previous postings you cannot fault the service of most of the staff - very welcoming and helpful - special mention to Bria (reception) and Johnny ( bar service ) .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

As per our conversation when you arrived, I do apologize that the afternoon snacks in the concierge were not up to your standards. We do offer a full breakfast and appetizers at night. During the day, we do offer fresh fruit and drinks. I am glad I was able to get you what you wanted during the rest of your stay.

Thanks for the kind words regarding our staff. I truly believe we have the BEST team in south Florida and I am happy you were well taken care of. See you next trip!
San Juan, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was very pleased with the value for my money at this full-service Marriott. Searching for rooms in the area it consistently shows very good rates, comparable to plainer brands of the chain.

The lobby and restaurant areas are welcoming and do a good job of allowing some integration with the outside -- as mentioned in an earlier review the property borders on the N and NE sides to a small wetlands preserve that allows you to momentarily forget you're a mere stone's throw from the Interstate, yet right out of that driveway you can find alternate eateries and businesses very close by. The staff were very professional and pleasant in every guest interaction I observed.

Due to my Rewards status I got a room in the Concierge Level but alas, on weekends the Concierge Lounge is not available until Sunday afternoon. Still the room was very spacious and had good facilities -- one I noticed was a very large room safe, occupying what apparently once upon a time was a minibar space; I can imagine some sales travelers would find this highly convenient. Walls do seem thin, though. The common areas are reasonably well kept, although one can see signs of wear especially in the elevator area. Parking in their multilevel lot is free.

Though it is in a very suburban area it is very close to I-95 and a number of major businesses, educational institutions, merchants and indistries, as attested by a considerable number of mainline business hotels near this exit. I can imagine this property and its neighbors will carry a lot of cruise trade on weekends and a not small level of business travel during weekdays.

It was the very good price point for the mainline Marriott level of facilities and services that really puts this facility at the 4-mark level for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our property to be a good value. I am also pleased to see that you enjoyed our nature preserve. It really does make you feel that you are in your very own oasis.

I am also thrilled to see that you ventured out to find some very good restaurants right across the street from us. Although I see you enjoyed our Blue Fire Grill, I do realize that some of our valued guests like to get out of the hotel and enjoy some local flavor.

Thanks again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!
Spring Lake, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great Staff made up with some weaknesses in the facility.

The team in the concierge lounge was very attentive and quick with a friendly Good Morning/Good Evening.

Housekeeping was completely unobtrusive and I was greeted in the hall by each member of the group when I passed.

Overall, the upstairs and elevators show their age as an older Marriott property but the staff more than makes up for that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon and thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our concierge attendants took such good care of you. I am also thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be so friendly and unobtrusive.

I wanted to share some wonderful news regarding our elevators. We are in the final stages of receiving approval to renovate all 4 of our elevators and we expect that project to begin shortly.

Thanks again and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My name is Maruja Barreto I actually live in Miami but spend weekends in Fort Lauderdale often so I choose to stay and this Marriott. Of the many times I stayed I only had issues 1 time with a 2 hour delay on checking in.
The staff is friendly and I like the modern updates they made in the lobby decor. I also order room service food when I stay here and the food has always been good. I park my Jaguar in the free covered parking garage which is a definite plus. As a gold reward member I have enjoyed visiting the concierge lounge on more than one occasion and found it pleasant. The pool is great. The hot tub could run on a higher temp as is consistent with most hot tub/jacuzzi's ... The grounds are lovely and the gym is well equipped. Overall my actions speak louder than words because I am actually in my marriott room writing this review. I do wish I could have gotten a free upgrade to a suite but I was told they are all under maintenance due to a rain/leak issue. I will be checking in again next weekend hopefully I can get that upgrade.. Brea at the Front desk was friendly and professional. I do recommend this Marriott for your next stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Good Afternoon Maruja and thank you so much for your continued business. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our new lobby, complimentary parking garage and all other amenities. I am also happy to see that Bria and the rest of our team treated you so well. I truly believe that we have the best team in south Florida and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott prior to joining cruise ship next day.This was a very nice hotel with friendly pleasant staff who were happy to help with any queries.Our room 1515 was large,clean a nd comfortable with good bathroom and shower nice selection of toiletries too.Thought the coffee/tea maker was a good idea especially welcome after a long wait to clear USA immigration.Next morning we decided to take a walk and get some breakfast although we heard
later that the hotel did a good breakfast too perhaps a little more than we paid.If you feel like a walk go out of main door and turn left walk for approx 15 minutes to Moonlite Diner where you
can get a good breakfast freshly cooked for 20 dollars for two people.Will be happy to return to the Marriott again in the future.

Room Tip: Room on high floor has a good view at night when city is lit up.