“Nothing to write home about...” 3 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #32 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham, Alabama
“Nothing to write home about...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Work trip so I had no choice in the matter. Not a great location for anything as it is across the street from a mobile home park. It is close to the interstate but that's about it. No descent attractions or restaurants within walking distance. Place is right out of the 1980's or worse but has been renovated. Main issue was ant-like critters in my room so be careful leaving crumbs out! The staff was nice and helpful so that's a plus. The meeting facilities and food were fine. The wifi was super fast in the room...good for Netflix. If you have clients in the area the property is fine but no families please!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy that you noticed our renovation. In fact, we did win the prestigious "Marriott Renovation Award" for our beautiful lobby. I am also happy that the staff treated you well and you found our free internet to be "super fast".

I do see that you stated that there are no restaurants within walking distance. I am so sorry that our front desk staff did not point out that there are plenty of restaurants right across the street from us including a Champs, Longhorn Steak House, Hooters and a movie theater. We also provide a complimentary shuttle to take you there if you did not feel like walking. We also have a rooftop pool for families that you may not have noticed.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I'm a road warrior, a fair reviewer and I heart Marriott points. My client is quite nearby but I just don't think I will come back to this hotel. The room smells like towels from the pool. Maybe cleaning the carpet would help, not sure. I don't flip out over finding a hair on the duvet (twice) since we all have hair and even the most diligent staff could miss it. The bistro salad was very good and not the normal boring room service. Phone on the desk across the room made the wake up call a bit of a pain to answer. Most provide two reg coffee packets - here you get one. Called front desk w/ question, they immediately put me on hold then disconnected me.

• Stayed January 2013
Indian Head, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was staying here on business. The hotel was fine, although i was there with a big group (40+) that finished working around 10PM for a week, and the bar wouldn't stay open for us, even though they said they were open until 11PM. Also this is a popular cruise port hotel, so several days the lobby would be packed with tourists waiting for their busses to go to their cruise ships. This was mildly annoying, but had nothing to do with the Hotel itself. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The gym was nice. The bed was comfortable. I would stay here again if it was a good deal, but because of the cruise crowds, I might look for someplace else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am happy to see that you found our rooms to be clean and our staff friendly. I am also glad you enjoyed our large gym. We do receive a lot of wonderful feedback on our fitness center.

I do apologize for the large crowds in the lobby. We are a very busy hotel but our lobby is very large. We do have a lot of vacationers at our property but it is very rare that our lobby is so full.

Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you are in Ft. Lauderdale!
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriends and the room was fabulous. Nice and spacious, the lobby looked really nice. We stayed during Christmas time and the Christmas tree in the lobby was really gorgeous. I regret not enjoying all the other services they offered onsite, such as the restaurant, the pool etc..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
I am so happy to see that you and your friend enjoyed your stay during the holidays. I am also happy to see that you found our rooms to "fabulous and spacious". Next time you are here I hope that you do get some time to enjoy our rooftop pool. See you again soon!
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This is an old hotel. The rooms are very outdated and need help. Parking was nice and easy though. The concierge was very nice. Although the layout of the room was awkward, the food was great and the staff was fantastic. I saw the chef up there almost every night for a week and he was making sure that the elite guests were happy. I know I was.

Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am happy to see that you enjoyed our Concierge Lounge and you found the food to be "great" and the service to be "fantastic. Many of our guests upgrade to our concierge rooms so they can enjoy the fabulous view from our 15th floor lounge.

I am also happy to see that you noticed our Executive Chef up there. All of our managers enjoy meeting our guests and helping out the servers. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
SAO PAULO BRAZIL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

An old Marriott, smelly, dirty and with a poor maintenance. The mattress has seen better days.Though we had booked a month in advance they did not have a high floor room, gaving us a room facing trees and wasps. Then they gave us a room with a strange noise in the bathrrom vent that keep us from sleeping all night long.
Elevators in bad conditions and the balcony we paid for is ridiculous, so narrow it is.
Location good near 95 and a covered parking lot with easy access to the freezing and beautiful lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your review..I am so sorry that you did not enjoy our property. This is the first I have heard of any cleanliness issues and we would have definitely taken care of them if you reported it to us. We have a brand new lobby which won the prestigious "Marriott Renovation" award and our beds are newer, as reviewed by many others.

I would like to apologize for not having a room available on a high floor. We are quite busy this time of year but we do try to honor all requests. It is a shame that you did not enjoy the Nature Preserve. We have many guests that come back and request their room facing this beautiful area.

I hope that you do give us another chance and I appreciate your feedback!
westchester ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

A nice, clean hotel with great service. Mookie in the restaurant was great in helping our dining experience. Would stay here again. Pool area was excellent and room service came on time. Room was clean and ready on time. Staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I wanted to thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy to see that you found our hotel to be clean with great service. I am also happy to see that Mookie took such great care of you. We receive many comments about her and we appreciate all of them. She is the BEST!

We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott North? Share your experiences!