“Top Notch Personalized Service.” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #31 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lee, NJ
“Top Notch Personalized Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Throughout my entire stay at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, I felt staff members go above and beyond their call of duty to meet my expectations. While the hotel isn't located in a prime location, the service is truly top notch. Everything I needed was made available and shuttle rides were available to local areas. Carolina Stone, Michael, Tony and all additional members of the staff made me feel as if I were at home. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Smoked salmon, omelets, and delicious strawberries made it to my plate each morning. If you are looking for a service-oriented hotel, then try this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and your breakfast experience. I truly believe we have the BEST team in south Florida and I am happy to see that Carolina, Michael & Tony took such good care of you. I am also happy to see that you enjoyed our wonderful buffet. The smoked salmon is a big hit with our guests..Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Lytham St Annes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Looking forward to staying at the Marriott on 21st February 2013 prior to joining Celebrity Equinox for a 10 day cruise. This is an 80th birthday family celebration (mum being 80) so would hope the general manager is able to make this short stay memorable. can't wait to leave the cold weather of the UK behind

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Happy Birthday to your Mum!! We will definitely make it a memorable experience for her big day..Please email me directly with the reservation details at stuart.levy@marriottnorth.com and I will make sure you are all well taken care of! See you in February.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've organized several board meetings for a well-known national organization/non-profit at this hotel and each time our members stay and meet here, they have a pleasant experience. I organize a lot of meetings for this particular group all across the state of Florida throughout the year and there's always at least one thing someone will gripe about; smoky rooms, poor tub drainage, outdated furnishings, insects, not-so-great food, etc. I get above average feedback when they stay here. Banquet service food is excellent. Staff and organizer are always helpful and accommodating whether it's related to a room situation or adjusting the temperature of the meeting space. They also make planning the event as hassle-free as possible; very flexible as needs and plans change. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business-related stays and excursions. I'm writing this review now, after at least 3 events, because I'm pretty sure our wonderful experiences aren't a fluke. It really is a nice place. Whenever our group needs South Florida meeting space, this is my go-to hotel, now...unless they're already booked for the time we need or seasonal prices put them out of our budget.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review..I am so happy to see that you and your member enjoy our property..I agree that we have a "top notch" staff and I am happy that you continue to use us for your meetings. We are looking forward to seeing you next time!
Lafayette, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel was booked by the cruise company to accommodate a 1 night stay before embarkation. The first impression is a slightly tired facility whose sole function is to handle hundreds of cruise passengers for similar one night stays. The furnishings are basic and ambiance minimal. The room was simple but clean and I was impressed with the front desk staff. Overall, nothing to really recommend the hotel - the Hilton Marina a couple of miles away is a much better choice for cruise and airport passengers - excellent ambiance and adjacent to the wonderful water taxi system.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our rooms and you found them to be clean. I am also happy to see that our staff treated you well. Hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great rooms, good staff.... Hard to find though. We went for the weekend of Thanksgiving. We really enjoyed our stay. We liked the bartender, he was very personable. The FD agents were also good. The room we got at first looked like it was not cleaned properly but as soon as we complained they changed it to a better room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that our Bartender and Front Desk staff treated you like they did. We hope to see you again soon!
Weehawken, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Just to preface, I am usually fair and not too demanding, but I have to leave a negative review. Note at the front: they do not wash the bed runners here. We checked in for one night only - tonight - before our long road trip to our new home in NJ. We had reserved a king sized room, and were told none were available. Granted, these things happen, but the manager on duty displayed quite the disdain. We were paying a friend and family rate, but that doesn't warrant a "you should be grateful for the discount" attitude especially since my brother in law has been a dedicated employee for a long time. Once we got to the room, and relaxed, my husband found a long black hair in the bed. He pulled it off and with it about 15 more black hairs curled around the bed runner. We pulled it back and it was covered in hair - obviously it hadn't been washed. Completely disgusting. I then approached the manager again at the front desk who replied, "Oops, I'm sorry" and gave us another room. She didn't exactly look surprised. No other commentary or anything. We won't be back - ever - and I suggest the laundry facilities should probably be used a lot more. Hopefully management - aside from the one on duty tonight - pays attention.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

This is a great Hotel!!! Manager was very accomadating....had a bill issue and he immediately took care of the issue. Very clean hotel and beautiful location. Would stay here again next time I visit!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our property and that I was able to help you out. I am also happy to see that you found our rooms to be clean and we offered great service. See you again soon!

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott North? Share your experiences!