Having stayed often over the years, I saw this property go from cutting edge to neglected and shoddy. Now it slowly seems to be getting better, the elevators are still an issue and the halls always seem to be a bit shabby and not quite clean. The rooms however seem to be better cleaned and there seems to be new beds although they apparently are using the old sheets which don't fit so well on the thick new mattresses.
The food has always been one of their stars, I remember way back when they opening and had Prime ribs specials. The club lounge is good, Luce the morning staff member is welcoming and pleasant, always offering to help and find something you need! She is a star.
Although I'm platinum with Marriott, I can't say I get any special treatment or upgrades.
The best rooms are with balcony's, facing the pool.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott North Hotel
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott North Fort Lauderdale Hotel resides in the lush Cypress Creek Florida Nature Preserve, bestowing an enchanting backdrop for our guests all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, HotelsClick, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.