“I always enjoy this Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #43 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“I always enjoy this Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I travel to S. FL 2-3 time per month, and I always stay at this location. I enjoy the staff. The front desk is fast and effective. Meyah is very courteous and efficient. When I've had concerns, the attending manager always resolves the issue.

My favorite part of the stay is breakfast at the Blue Fire Grille. Mookie and Melania are wonderful people. The service, and the food, are always spectacular.

My room was quite, clean, and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Preserve. Great view and very quite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy that you enjoy our property and that our staff goes above and beyond. We are very lucky to have associated like Meyah, Mookie and Melanaia. I will share your kind words with everyone. See you again soon!

551 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I chose this hotel because it would be a stormy night. This hotel has an attached indoor garage. I had been in the lobby before and it was nice.

The elevator and rooms are a big disappointment. They really need a renovation fast. The elevators are old, the hallways are old and not clean and the rooms are not so great either.

The Executive Lounge is OK but I have had better lounges in many other Marriotts.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing I-95 if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our lobby and our parking garage. I am so sorry that you did not find our room and elevators to be up to standards. We are planning to revamp all 4 of our elevators in the first quarter of next year. This will bring our property up to the quality that you would expect. The rooms are newer and we receive a lot of good comments on them. I am sorry you did not find that to be the case. I am quite surprised you did not find our Executive Lounge to be to your liking. Many of our guests comment that it is the best lounge in the Marriott family of hotels. It is situated on the 15th floor with magnificent views of Ft. Lauderdale and even has a small outdoor patio.

I do hope that you give us another chance. We do hope to see you again!
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our group loves meeting and staying at this Marriott! Every staff member goes above and beyond to make our meeting a great success. This was our 4th year using this venue and our event attendees still rave about the staff, the lodging rooms and meeting space overall and beg us to return again next year to this hotel. We love the staff who feel like family now. Starbucks coffee on sight, great food and room service - basically no complaints - only high praise! THANK you Ft Lauderdale Marriott North - see you next year!!!

Room Tip: request a room with a balcony if you like fresh outdoor air (or if you wanna sneak a smoke)!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your event. I am so happy to see that you keep choosing us to host. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our food and our Starbucks....We can't wait to see you again next year!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Nice friendly staff & modern lobby, good concierge services, top floor great views, King room bathroom counterspace cramped for 2 people compared to other Marriotts, a skinny walk out balcony with not enough room for chairs but nice to walk out on, close to walk to Regal cinema, would stay again due to proximity to I-95 access for business traveling.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice review and I am happy that you enjoyed your first time here. Our new lobby is our focal point of our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed it as well as the magnificent views. We hope to see you again soon!
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We love staying at Marriots. Awesome beds, nice televisions, comfortable sheets and pillows, just can't beat it. This one was typical Marriot comfort and certainly worth staying. But please remember, do NOT feed the raccoons, they are wild animals and you must respect them as such and don't blame the Marriot if you let your children play with wild animals. Bonus travel idea, I've decided not to use shaving cream any more, and will only use the facial soap provided by Marriot, seems to leave my skin softer and better shaven than the best shaving cream. Imagine that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our super comfortable beds and amenities. I truly feel that we have the best beds in the industry, as well as the best linen package. I am also thrilled to see that you enjoyed our large flat screen TV's. We hope to see you again soon!
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night prior to cruising on Island Princess. We will definitely stay there if ever in Fort Lauderdale again. Every staff member we dealt with was very courteous, responsive, professional and helpful. We want to give a very special thank you to Jasmine at the front desk, what great personality and ambassador for Marriott.

They also have an excellent breakfast in the concierge room. Great facility Marriott.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay before your cruise. I am also thrilled to hear that our staff took such great care of you. We are very lucky to have associates like Jasmine. We hope to see you the next time you are in Ft. Lauderdale!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The restaurant at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North has a hostess/waitress by the name of Mookie Seat. She has been an outstanding hostess/waitress for years. She is mainly responsible for bringing us back to the Marriott restaurant. The hotel keeps changing managers but she always makes us feel welcome. I am a lifetime platinum with Marriott and your lucky to have an employee like this. Robert Baer #017590308 CEO of Baer's Furniture

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments regarding Mookie. As a Lifetime Platinum Member, we really appreciate the loyalty you have shown. We are very lucky to have Mookie and I appreciate your kind words. See you for breakfast!

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott North? Share your experiences!