“Nice option” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 134 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Florida, USA
“Nice option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed here several times recently. Like the previous reviewer I do not get upgraded rooms, or at least I dont think I do.

That said, the front desk staff is really nice. They always great you with wine and bottled water.

Some rooms are much quieter than others as far as traffic noise. The traffic noise isnt horrible, but if you are sensitive to it they will put you in a room on the quiet side.

Overall its a great value for money hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy that our staff took wonderful care of you. We do offer complimentary wine and water upon check-in. It is just our way of saying "welcome".

We hope to see you again soon!

527 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Good, but not very memorable. I usually get upgraded to the exec floor but not at this one. The location and my friends status was the reason we chose this property. The staff was nice and the rooms were standard Marriott.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our great location, our rooms and our staff. I am sorry to see that you were not upgraded to one of our Executive floors. However, we do still give you all the amenities that you would expect as a Marriott Rewards Member. We hope to see you again soon!
Newburgh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Located in the corporate section of town but easily access to the beach.... About 8 miles away....and buses, rental cars...etec. It was a good stay here. I was disappointed at first cause I wanted a beach hotel...but it was what I needed.... Quiet. Peaceful. Professional.

Walking distance to a great small mall area.

Room Tip: Not near any beaches....so if that's what you want pick a closer to beach hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your kind review and I am happy to see that you enjoyed our property. We hope to see you when you are down in the Ft. Lauderdale area next time.
Harlem, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

When my friend and I arrived, we were greated right way by the bellman. The clerk was very professional and friendly. She offered bottled water and had sympathy as we vented about the previous hotel. Our rooms were clean and neat and the balcony view was beautiful. The food was so excellent that we ordered a second time. I definitly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind words. It seems that our staff took very good care of you and I am so happy they were all attentive and compassionate. I truly feel we have the best team in south Florida. I am also happy to see that you found our rooms to be clean and the food to be "excellent". We hope to see you again soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This hotel not only has nice rooms that are extremely comfortable, their meeting room was great, and their staff was amazing. Domingo who worked with us for our banquet was one of the best I have ever worked with. He was willing to do whatever it takes and I would work with him day in and day out if I could!!! Celso our Banquet contact was so nice and helpful and amazingly helpful, and Norma who works in the concierge lounge was so nice and went above and beyond. We will definitely be coming back to this hotel if we are in this area!!!! Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy that you found our rooms to be comfortable and that our staff was "amazing". With a team which includes Domingo, Celso and Norma, it's hard not to make everyone feel welcome. I am glad that you will be back and we hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights at the beginning of a Florida touring holiday, quick check in and rooms well appointed and clean. Good value hotel right on the i95 although you can not hear the road from the hotel. Friendly bar staff serving great food, we where pleasantly surprised how good the hotel and food was.. Would return and recommend for business or touring traveler

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our food and service. Our Chef is the "best of the best" and we consider our lounge and dining room to be a "stand alone" restaurant. We believe that food & beverage should not come second in a hotel as it should be first class. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed here the last 3 times when I stay in Ft Lauderdale. It is an older hotel, but they have fixed it up with a nice lobby. The prices our great and there isn't any hidden fees for parking and internet. During one stay the chef was giving samples of some of their food items, which where excellent, we tasted a tuna tostata and their chicken wings.
What keeps me coming back is the prices and service. They are very helpful at the front desk, I forgot their names but we arrived on Saturday 8/18/12 around 3pm and was there Fri 8/10/12.
I always try to get their breakfast Buffett, because of the omelet bar and of course the service by the 2 sweet ladies running around to make sure we get the best service. Our server Melania is one of the best waitress I have ever had. Last weekend she wasn't there but the service was still very good. I have already recommended this place to our friends and they agree with my review.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much, we love your review. I am so happy to hear that you were well taken care of. I am also happy to see that you met our Chef and enjoyed his food. I truly believe that we have the best food, accommodations and service in the Ft. Lauderdale area and I am glad you noticed. Our rates are hard to beat and we don't throw in any "hidden fees". As your stay was so good, I am sure that we will see you again when you are in the area!

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott North? Share your experiences!