“Top notch staff” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, California
“Top notch staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Everyone single member of the staff at this hotel deserves a gold star for service. I recently attended a big party event and had a fantastic time. Despite the added challenges the staff at the Marriott never missed a beat. The room had a nice tree top view with a small balcony and we even got to watch A FIREWORKS show put on by the casino/racetrack across the way. Nice updated bathrooms, good 4th floor pool area and convenient parking, 2 fruit infused waters in the lobby area each day. One draw back was an elevator on the fritz but t didn't seem to affect much.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We do have great views of the city and I am happy to see that the staff took great care of you. See you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Clewiston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

If you want to spend a night at a facility that will pamper you with great customer service, from the housekeeping to the restaurant personel, this is the place to go. The customer service in this facility is the best I have encountered in a long time. You receive so much attention that you feel right at home.
If you do eat in, say HELLO to Melania Coronel, she will keep your glass/coffe cup fill to the top, and Mookie Seat will make sure you are well taken care of.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This was our second visit to the Marriott North for 3 days while waiting to go to our timeshare nearby. The main reason I rated this hotel as excellent is the friendly, competent staff. From the front desk personnel who couldn't be more welcoming and friendly to the restaurant supervisor, Mookie Seat, everyone went out of their way to make sure our visit was positive. The really nice thing is that you didn't feel that this was forced, but, their genuine concern about their guests. Whoever hired the staff made sure to hire people who have a genuine friendly, caring personality.
We look forward to returning again in November.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel and our team! I am so happy to see that you were treated so well by the entire staff and of course, Mookie. She has been with us for a long time and portrays what customer service should be throughout the entire industry. We hope to see you again soon!
Lethbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were a group of ten that stayed at the Marriott North for one night prior to going on a cruise. Our flight got into Fort Lauderdale late in the evening. Their restaurants/lounges were just closing. We hadn't yet had our dinner, so the hotel arranged for the lounge to stay open so that we could have a late supper. This was totally unexpected and very much appreciated. What we didn't realize at the moment was that this was very indicative of the hospitality of the hotel. The food was top-notch, which is not always the case when it comes to lounges. From check in to check out, the staff was unparalleled. Our rooms were modern, well-stocked, and well-kept. At breakfast they had a hot and cold buffet for those who did not want to order off the menu. Again, the food was of great quality. I had an omelette, which was moist and delicious. Everyone in the group agreed that on the next cruise departing from Fort Lauderdale, the Marriott North will be our first choice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy that our staff went above and beyond to help you with your late night meal. I feel that we do have the BEST team in south Florida and they would do anything for our guests. I am also happy to see that you enjoyed all of your meals. We have an excellent chef who is extremely creative and well versed in all culinary delights. We hope to see you again when you are down our way!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights before a cruise. The hotel is beautiful, they have good food. The staff is excellent. Our first room had a odor they changed our room with no problem. The rooms are large. The room did not have a refrigerator I ask about one and it one was brought to our room very quickly. There is a strip mall across the street. They have a shuttle that with take you there. ,

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your nice review. I am so happy to see that you were well taken care of by our staff and that you found our hotel to be beautiful. I am also happy to see that you did enjoy the shopping and restaurants right across the street from us. We hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I booked three rooms at the Marriott for only one night and I am glad it was just one night. The lobby looks great an updated but the rooms are a bit dated and musty. The front desk staff was great and check-in and check-out went smooth.

I had booked a special rate that included 2 drinks per room. At check-in I inquired about the drinks and the rep didn't know what I was talking about. However, he immediately got the information from another staff member. I was informed that I could use the drinks at the bar that evening or in the morning for coffee.

Unfortunately, the next morning the person working at the Cafe Bean & Brew didn't know about it and didn't want to be bothered with finding a manager that could assist us. All she cared was who gave us the drink coupons, why, etc. . . . after a while of going back and forth she did give us 2 free coffees. You would think I was asking for something more with her attitude. It was obvious that she was happy reading her book that morning and I came along and interrupted.

If you are doing an overnight trip this hotel will work just fine. If you are looking for a long stay, look somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Stuart L, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our new lobby and that our check-in was quick and easy. We did renovate the entire hotel a couple of years ago. In fact, we won the prestigious "Marriott Renovation" award. I am sorry that the staff did not know about the drink coupons. This was an oversight as it was a limited time package we offered. I will share your comments with the staff so that this does not happen again. We hope to see you again soon!
Burke, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Very conveniently located just off I-95 and only about 10 minutes from the beach or 15 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale airport. Nice enough but the service is not up to the family name.

From check in to check out, there were lapses. Not being recognized as a regular guest. Concierge lounge not having decaf coffee available at 9 PM. Needing two requests to unplug a bathtub drain. Public computer that won't print the boarding passes. Loud and long staff conversations in the elevator lobby (right outside our room.)

The whole place seems to need a refurbishment. Perhaps that is coming.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator lobbies - staff seems to find them an ideal place to chit chat.