“The all-suite concept is a good one” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #84 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“The all-suite concept is a good one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This hotel just off I-95 is centrally located in Ft Lauderdale, but an auto is needed to enjoy the beaches and such. There is however a shopping complex that is walking distance which has a large Regal multiplex cinema.
The all-suite rooms (big enough for a family of 4, with 2 TVs) are stylishly decorated, although upkeep could be better. The AARP rate I had was superb though.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Sheraton_SuitesCC, Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your comment, I am happy to see you had an enjoyable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I really have no complaints about this hotel. I stayed here one night (November 29th) with a group who booked the whole hotel out for us. The hotel is beautiful inside. I loved sitting in the courtyard area. My only issue was, when i went to pull my sheets back on the bed, there was a questionable reddish brown stain, so i ended up sleeping on top of the sheets. But the bed was super comfortable and my room was quiet. I do not know about the food here. I ate at a diner on the corner. Also, I walked around the corner to a shopping center and got my nails done and saw a movie. I would stay here again if i had the chance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comment, I am happy to see you had an enjoyable stay.
Woodbridge, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at this property years ago (around 2000) and had issues then. They had a bug problem and were generally sloppy. I stopped staying there and moved to the Westin, which is close. I decided to give them another try after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and because the room rate was good. They have upgraded their rooms - which are nice. The common areas still have an old Pink Flamingo/Florida style theme - not sure if they are planning to udpate it but they are adding a Club Lounge and expanding their fitness center. Parking was free, which is a huge plus in South Florida! Location is good - restaurants etc nearby and right off 95 - with easy access to beaches, the rest of Broward, West Palm and Miami. Overall a good value and comfortable stay for a good price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comment, I am happy to see you had a nice stay. We are currently undergoing the renovation of our property along with updating our rooms, we hope you visit us again soon so you can see all the great improvements we have made throughout our property.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I spent a night in this hotel prior to a cruise leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. It is a large hotel just off I-95 about 10 min from the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Parking was free although the spaces are small and were difficult to find the night I was there. The facility appears to be an old Embassy Suites style hotel. It seems to be lacking a little in repairs as the TV in our room didnt work and the shower drain backed up when you showered. The carpets were quite stained. The sleep quality was fine and the service was fine as well. I guess I was expecting something better maintained when it has the Sheraton name attached. Overall the hotel is ok but not up to what I would consider Sheraton standards.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for the inconveniences with the room. I have brought this to the attention of out maintenance team and we are currently working on these issues.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was lucky enough to have a suite on the top floor (preferred customer) with a view overlooking the swimming pool which was both very clean and comfortable.
Their beds really are comfortable.
The hotel itself needs updating but I think they are already working on that issue. The service was pleasant if a little slow. The breakfast and lunch could do with an upgrade with more of a variety especially at the price they are offering.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the side of the railway track.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. We apologize the continental breakfast options you were presented with was not what you had expected it to be, however it means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay.
danbenjoseph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is really a nice choice. Perfect location, about 20 minutes from Las Olas and the beaches. The hotel is built in Spanish colonial style, a bit gaudy. The lobby is an atrium filled with palm trees, small sitting areas, restaurant, fish pond and waterfall. Great atmosphere! The rooms are huge with living room and separate bedroom. Had problems with TV which the maintenance staff took care of very fast and apologized numerous times. Nice experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your agreeable stay. And how much you enjoyed the atmosphere and our staff at our hotel.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I love the Sheraton company but this one is by far the worst one I have stayed in. The check in was super late and the front desk staff acted like heartless zombies with not one ounce of sympathy. I believe they treated me like a 3rd class citizen since this was booked thru Al and Chuck agency and maybe if I had booked on my own thru my rewards membership things may have been different. I normally don't complain unless its really bad but food was not as good as expected and very expensive for the value and taste. I was even asked to pay for my meal on the spot when all the other people just sat and ate and paid after they finished eating. It felt kind of racist. Front desk staff is clueless with every concern and lets not even talk about housekeeping ugh the worst. Housekeeping just rolls their eyes at you when they see you instead of saying hello or even a simple hi. This plays pissed me too much for me to ever come back. Epic fail!

Room Tip: Beware of bad customer service and rude housekeepers that laugh at you instead of being professional...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
I apologize for the distress created by our end. We take great care to ensure that important matters such as this is properly managed, I have brought this to the attention of our team and we are currently working on these issues.

Been to Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale? Share your experiences!