There was something off about this hotel. While some areas looked like they were somewhat recently updated, other areas were not and that was definitely noticeable.
We stayed in two suites for two nights before a cruise in January. We had a king suite and a double suite on the fourth floor. The king suite had a cement area just outside the window, but it wasn't a patio. It was more for decorative purposes. Anyway, and it was littered with old cigarette butts. It was disgusting. Wouldn't someone from the hotel go out there every month to ensure it was clean? The double suite overlooked the HVAC units, which was better than seeing cigarette butts. The bedding, furniture, and bathrooms had been updated in both rooms, and that was nice, but the walls were dingy, dirty, and gross. There were noticeable water stains on the ceiling in the king suite. A little white paint would go a long way. In the double suite, the sofa sleeper didn't have a sheet or mattress pad on it, but in the king suite there was only a sheet. Neither had additional sheets or blankets in closets that could be used, so we took the sheets/comforter from a bed in the double suite and used them on the sofa sleeper in the king suite, rather than waiting for housekeeping to bring additional blankets. The sofa sleeper was not comfortable (woke up with backaches each day), but the beds were.
Some pros for this hotel were the location -- an easy drive to/from the airport, to the beaches, close to Target and Publix -- and the fact that it was a suite hotel, which was perfect for our family of 7. The pool was also a nice area and the front desk staff and bellhops were friendly. Lots of parking and it was nice and close to a diner and restaurants, so we were able to walk to some places for breakfast and dinner.
The lobby seemed updated...and yet old at the same time. Elevators were SLOW. The pool area was nice with plenty of lounge chairs, a comfortable water temperature, nice spa, and outdoor shower, but you could hear traffic from the highway.
Wouldn't stay here again when we go back for our next cruise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Fort Lauderdale Hotel is located only a short drive from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and many exciting things to do in Fort Lauderdale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Starwood, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sheraton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sheraton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Sheraton