“A Lovely Few Days” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Pecatonica, Illinois
“A Lovely Few Days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a beautiful facility that surrounds a large covered courtyard that is an idyllic tropical garden complete with a restaurant, water features and koi streams. The glass elevators at either end provide access to the 7 floors of guest rooms.
The check in was longer than it should have been. The front desk was always understaffed as every time I walked by there was a line up. The guest services phone # was always the best way to contact personnel. They were responsive enough that way.
The room was nice enough. It was a little dated and worn but well maintained and clean. The furniture was comfortable and the bed was very soft. Kudos on that mattress and duvet. We slept well. The accommodations were spacious and homey.
The restaurant was overpriced but the food was good and service efficient. I enjoyed their Bacon and Blue Burger ($11) and their Asian Wings App ($8). The breakfast buffet was a little better than a Comfort Inn, but not by much.
The computers for guest use in the lobby were messed up until the last morning. We were then able to print out our needed documents. The wifi in the rooms was not free. It amazes me that the hotels that think they are “all that” also think that it is good business practice to charge extra for wifi. Why? That is their policy. I ding them one star for that thinking. That’s my policy.
The pool and hot tub were nice and clean. The setting and seclusion were lovely.
Even with the few deficits this was an enjoyable stay that we will probably seek to repeat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Sheraton Suites, we are glad to hear you found our beds comfortable and property sites such as the atrium enjoyable, we also apologize for the inconvenience with the internet, we have since then corrected the issue and have brought your concern of the front desk being understaffed to our front desk manager, and have placed more staff members there. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay.

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at this Sheraton Suites while vacationing in the Fort Lauderdale area recently. I booked it through Expedia and was quite surprised at how nice this hotel was! The interior is a beautiful atrium with a waterfall and exotic trees and plants complete with turtles in the ponds! The hotel offered many amenities such as a restaurant on site, fitness center, hospitality shop, beautiful pool area and a bar and conference rooms.
The rooms are all suites which were very spacious. They include a sitting area with sofa and chair and flat screen TV. There is a mini fridge and sink and coffee maker with a dining area. The bedroom was very spacious with two queen size beds and another flat screen TV. The bathroom was very clean and supplied all the little amenities you need away from home.
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The only downside was that the pool was right along a busy highway and a train route and a small airport so if you wanted relaxation- that was interupted frequently but overall this hotel is clean and friendly and very convenient to major interstates in the area and the price was right through Expedia. I would definitely stay there again if I get back to that area.

Room Tip: Ask to be booked on the side of the hotel away from the train route.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay. And how much you enjoyed the atmosphere and our staff at the hotel.
Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I like Sheratons-- but...
I booked the hotel thru Hotwire and it took them quite a while just to find the reservation. 2 rooms later and we found the king room we had reserved. Very busy with conventions and travel groups. Free Internet in lobby only. It was just a very average hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online. We apologize for the inconvenience you had at check in but we are glad everything was resolved at the end. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know of your pleasant stay.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had placed a bid for a 1 night stay with Priceline for a 3 &1/2 star hotel and this is what I got. I have to say from reading all the reviews, I thought about not staying here at all, but the sensible me gave in and I went.

I traveled with my sister and her 2 small kids. Our check in was speedy, and the lady behind the counter was friendly. I had asked for a set of sheets for the sofa, which arrived very shortly after we got to our room.

The bathroom did only have 1 towel and since there were 4 of us, we had to ask for me, which again arrived quite quickly.

Some reviews mentioned how dirty the rooms were, and I would have agree. But that is not the housekeeping's fault. The carpets are old and worn out, no matter how much you would clean them, it would not do anything. They need to be replaced. The bathroom was also dingy, but again only a reno could help.

Sheets had holes in them and the pillows were lumpy and old. The train started running around 6 am and the whole room shook.

The only good thing is the Diner across the train tracks which has good breakfast food as well as dinner. We ate there twice before checking out and leaving for our cruise.

Budget a $40 cab ride if you are coming from the airport.

Room Tip: Away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, and am happy to hear we exceeded your expectations as to the service you received from our staff members. I would also like to apologize your suite was not as serene as you had expected due to the rail road next to our property. we will soon be undergoing some renovations and the items you mentioned will be improved. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our TA booked this hotel prior to our cruise so I did not do much research as my primary attention was focused on the cruise. I really have nothing good to say about this place; the check-in process was one of the worst I have ever experienced. Yes, we arrived early and we were told there were no clean rooms available. No problem, I understand, so we went to their bar, ordered some lunch and noticed other people are being checked in their rooms. Walked back to the front desk, inquired about the room and was once again told there were no clean rooms available. When I asked why other people are being checked in, we were told we are not on the list and they all came before us. What list? Waiting list? Apparently they forgot we already tried to check in earlier. Seriously, after we spent close to 2 hours at their bar, all other people walked in before we did? Finally, since the front desk could not come up with another excuse not to give us a room, by rolling her eyes, suddently they came up with a room and we were given access to # 410. The rooms itself is a good size (the only reason I gave 2 stars vs 1) but I could not believe how filthy the carpet was. I can’t even recall ever staying at another hotel with such filthy carpet. Our bathtub was plugged with previous guest’s hair and the furniture/walls had multiple stains. I went to see our travel companion’s room and their situation was not much different. The furniture is worn out and the rooms need some serious remodel. I would never stay at this property again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mike R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your unfortunate experience with the Sheraton Suites. I am sorry to hear about your inconveniences, and I regret that you were not satisfied with the performance our staff and facilities provided you with. I have scheduled a meeting with the Maintenance manager and our Front Desk manager to further discuss your comments.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband and I and 7 other couples for the last night of our vacation. We had just finished a Norwegian cruise and were flying out of Ft Lauderdale the next morning. I booked this hotel through Priceline and the price after taxes was only $102 per couple. WOW were we suprised! The rooms were huge, like mini suites. The hotel was beautiful with a great open courtyard in the middle, and great pool and spa outside. The doors all opened toward the inside which was an open courtyard from the lobby to the top floor. The rooms were super clean and the beds were super comfy. I can't think of anything it lacked. The front desk staff let us check in early so we all enjoyed the day by the pool. We will defintely book again! Convenient location as well. Great value!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comment, we truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your pleasurable stay with us and are happy to know you enjoyed our property, the prices, and services our staff rendered. We look forward to seeing you again with us soon.
Titusville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a nice hotel with good parking in a courtyard type setting. Check In was fast and friendly. The room was nice and large with an excellent bed. We did have a problem with the A/C not working properly and woke up middle of the night with the room too warm. People were friendly and nice.
We stayed at this hotel on 1/7/13.

Room Tip: The hotel is located adjacent to a very busy avenue on one side and the tri-rail on another side. T...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike R, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us here at the Sheraton Suites, I would also like to apologize for the discomfort the air conditioning issue caused you, we have since then corrected this matter and hope to see you soon.

Been to Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale? Share your experiences!