My partner & I just returned from Ft. lauderdale where we stayed at another property (the Palm Plaza) that offered us a deal we thought we couldn't refuse. Now we wish we had! The Palm Plaza isn't a dump but it's awfully close.
We stayed at the Dunes last September for several nights and had a great time. Our room was clean and the bed comfortable. (My only comment about the room is that the bathroom fixtures really needed to be replaced.) The manager was nice and we briefly spoke with the owners while they were doing some inspecting and measuring for improvements. They're the same couple that own The Dunes in Saugatuck, MI.
The grounds were well tended and the pool was very nice, spacious and immaculately clean. Hot tub wasn't bad either! They kept a fridge near the pool stocked with soft drinks, water and beer on the honor system. Nice!
Every morning the housekeeper asked us what laundry we needed done. He had it back in the room that afternoon and never charged us! Very nice!
On our most recent trip we drove past The Dunes to show a friend where we stayed on our last visit. It looks like they have installed a very nice looking new fence around the property.
In the moderate price-point category this is definitely THE place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale!
- Also Known As:
- The Winterset Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- The Winterset Hotel
- Winterset Fort Lauderdale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- O.K. - Everyone knows that Fort Lauderdale Beach is one of the best places in Florida for an unforgettable family beach getaway, but where's the very best place on our tropical barrier island and miles of golden beaches? North Beach Village is Fort Lauderdale's legendary borough, offering an ideal locale from which to explore but also unmatched boutique hotel value. With the Intracoastal Waterway and sandy beaches just a few minutes' walk away - it's easy to spark uncommon happiness and feel deeply reconnected and refreshed. And Winterset's spacious 36-rooms and three sparkling heated pools is perfect for soothing minds or mindless fun! Our updated rooms have state-of-the-art kitchens, flat screens and cozy furnishings. Rooms have a cool, Caribbean decor plus Wi-Fi, coffee and sunshine is included. We never charge resort fees. Ultimately, guests rave about Winterset and return because our above and beyond concierge-like services inspire recuperation and relaxation. Whether you dream away in our steamy hot-tub under twinkling stars, take your family on a water taxi ride to beachy restaurants or bedazzle with watersport adventures - everybody will love Winterset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Winterset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.