Where to begin with this place? How about here: FABULOUS! Tucked away a very short walk from the beach, the Dunes Guest House was really "another world". Surrounded by palm trees, totally hidden from the outside, the setting reminded me of St. Marteen.
One of the friendliest staffs I've encountered in a long time, and the daily room cleaning, etc. at this 10 room establishment was nothing short of superb. There are rooms and "king studios". I had the studio and it was Huge (complete with full kitchen) and the off-season price was ridiculously low ($99 per night).
Great continental breakfast (al fresco, of course) each day with pastries, bagles, cereal, hard bolied eggs, milk, juice, etc. etc. etc.
The clothing optional pool and hot tub was wildly popular (no doubt!) with a very diverse group of men. I was travelling with 3 friends (from DC) and left having made a slew of new friends. Very very nice, personable crowd.
Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Do not Miss Primanti Bros'. Pizza! Best I've Ever had.
The gay area (Wilton Manors) is a 10 minute car/cab ride and is a blast. Hands down favorite bars were Bill's Filling Station and George's Alibi. Neither are to be missed.
I'm already planning another trip and will absolutely unload my bags at the Dunes Guest House. Trust me....It's da Bomb!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- O.K. - Everyone knows that Fort Lauderdale Beach is one of the best places in Florida for an unforgettable family beach getaway, but where's the very best place on our tropical barrier island and miles of golden beaches? North Beach Village is Fort Lauderdale's legendary borough, offering an ideal locale from which to explore but also unmatched boutique hotel value. With the Intracoastal Waterway and sandy beaches just a few minutes' walk away - it's easy to spark uncommon happiness and feel deeply reconnected and refreshed. And Winterset's spacious 36-rooms and three sparkling heated pools is perfect for soothing minds or mindless fun! Our updated rooms have state-of-the-art kitchens, flat screens and cozy furnishings. Rooms have a cool, Caribbean decor plus Wi-Fi, coffee and sunshine is included. We never charge resort fees. Ultimately, guests rave about Winterset and return because our above and beyond concierge-like services inspire recuperation and relaxation. Whether you dream away in our steamy hot-tub under twinkling stars, take your family on a water taxi ride to beachy restaurants or bedazzle with watersport adventures - everybody will love Winterset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Winterset Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Winterset Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Winterset Fort Lauderdale