We were disappointed with our first room (room 10). The windows behind the bed headboard were very drafty and we could hear every sound from outside - noisey road and very windy weather. However, when we told the staff they were very helpful and moved us to a lovely apartment (room 208).
The room was large, bright and modern with a fully equiped kitchen, bathroom, walk-in closet and bedroom containing double beds. The large and airy lounge had a very large flat screen TV, couch, chair and dining table with four chairs.
The hotel is in a very good location just four blocks from the beach. It is a 20 minute walk to the Mall but you can also get the Trolley bus or number 40 bus which takes about five minutes. The Trolley bus will also take you down town. A Water Taxi stops close to the hotel (it costs $20 but you can use the ticket all day and the boat visits all the local attractions - a great way to spend the day. The round trip takes three hours).
Finding reasonably priced places to eat was quite difficult. This is a very expensive part of Florida - just look at the yachts and the real estate to know why.
We had trouble with the internet - hotel having problems with server, but the night before we left the reception staff helped us to get our boarding cards online and overall the hotel staff were excellent.
If we could get the same room (or similar) we would definitely consider staying at this hotel again and would recommend Fort Lauderdale which has plenty to offer the visitor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- O.K. - Everyone knows that Fort Lauderdale Beach is one of the best places in Florida for an unforgettable family beach getaway, but where's the very best place on our tropical barrier island and miles of golden beaches? North Beach Village is Fort Lauderdale's legendary borough, offering an ideal locale from which to explore but also unmatched boutique hotel value. With the Intracoastal Waterway and sandy beaches just a few minutes' walk away - it's easy to spark uncommon happiness and feel deeply reconnected and refreshed. And Winterset's spacious 36-rooms and three sparkling heated pools is perfect for soothing minds or mindless fun! Our updated rooms have state-of-the-art kitchens, flat screens and cozy furnishings. Rooms have a cool, Caribbean decor plus Wi-Fi, coffee and sunshine is included. We never charge resort fees. Ultimately, guests rave about Winterset and return because our above and beyond concierge-like services inspire recuperation and relaxation. Whether you dream away in our steamy hot-tub under twinkling stars, take your family on a water taxi ride to beachy restaurants or bedazzle with watersport adventures - everybody will love Winterset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Winterset Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Winterset Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Winterset Fort Lauderdale