I stayed from the 20th to the 25th of December 2011 after being absent since last season, and my experience generally agreed with the positive reviews here, but the Winterset is a work in progress. The new owners have refurnished the suites, as the images on the website show, and the colorful character of the old decor has been replaced by a bland but relaxing modern color scheme. The carpet is gone too, and there is now some noise from chairs hitting and sliding over the bare floors.
They are aware of the problem and also of one of the inexpensive solutions I have used myself: "Fuzzy" chair glides, like giant thumbtacks with a bit of carpet surface on the flat part, let chairs slide quietly across a bare floor. (Footsteps weren't the problem here this time that they were when I stayed in another nearby motel with bare floors .)
Two little problems with my kitchen were promptly fixed. In general the staff seem determined to make The Winterset a nice place again.
New windows and blinds are welcome improvements. The Wi-Fi worked fine except when I tried to download some large files. But it's free.
And the place is as beautifully landscaped as ever, just like the web site shows. While The Winterset is not so quiet, which was one of the reasons I preferred it in the neighborhood, I'm going back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- O.K. - Everyone knows that Fort Lauderdale Beach is one of the best places in Florida for an unforgettable family beach getaway, but where's the very best place on our tropical barrier island and miles of golden beaches? North Beach Village is Fort Lauderdale's legendary borough, offering an ideal locale from which to explore but also unmatched boutique hotel value. With the Intracoastal Waterway and sandy beaches just a few minutes' walk away - it's easy to spark uncommon happiness and feel deeply reconnected and refreshed. And Winterset's spacious 36-rooms and three sparkling heated pools is perfect for soothing minds or mindless fun! Our updated rooms have state-of-the-art kitchens, flat screens and cozy furnishings. Rooms have a cool, Caribbean decor plus Wi-Fi, coffee and sunshine is included. We never charge resort fees. Ultimately, guests rave about Winterset and return because our above and beyond concierge-like services inspire recuperation and relaxation. Whether you dream away in our steamy hot-tub under twinkling stars, take your family on a water taxi ride to beachy restaurants or bedazzle with watersport adventures - everybody will love Winterset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Winterset Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Winterset Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Winterset Fort Lauderdale