Pros - Location is great.
Free Parking for guests
friendly/helpful front desk staff...our taxi was late and the one girl called every shuttle company she knew to help us.
They have a stack of beach chairs and umbrellas for guests to use.
Beds were clean and comfortable.
The price was right.
Microwave and mini fridge were a bonus.
Cons - The towel rack in our bathroom was broken and the hook from the back of the door wasn't there...not good when we have bath & beach towels plus our bathing suits.
The bathroom could definitely use some work, our shower ran constantly and just looked dirty overall.
The decor was non-existent...not one picture, mirror, anything on the walls. The only two mirrors were on the wall and the shower door.
The sign threatening to charge women for their towels if they get makeup on them. (Might even been a pro b/c I had a good time laughing at it)
And the biggest deal breaker for me was our first morning 8:20AM I was woken up by very loud people whom I assumed were excited guests. They were yelling for about 2 hours outside our door so there was no going back to sleep. I finally realized when I popped my head out to see what was all the commotion it was the cleaning staff. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? How unprofessional can you get...disturbing the very reason you have a job...the guests who spent a lot of money on their vacation and don't want to be rudely woken up by you. Luckily, we were only their for the weekend after a cruise so we only had two mornings are being woken up way too early on vacation by the annoying cleaning staff.
Does the good outweigh the bad? All the cons I could deal with for the price we paid except for the last one.
If you want to stay here I would suggest asking to stay as far away from the cleaning closet as possible (not sure if it's possible not to hear them).
If the owners told them to please do their job as quietly as possible and this actually happened it might be a decent place to stay. As it stands now they will never see us again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For centuries, Fort Lauderdale Beach has traditionally been among America’s top tropical destinations. We’re warm year-round. We offer endless world-famous beaches and world-class venues. In this spirit, we spared no expense updating the quintessential Tropirock Hotel – evoking memories of the golden age of travel when rooms were stylish and attentive service made you feel exceptional. Tropirock’s now one of North Beach Village’s most popular boutique hotels – where seascapes, watersports and heated pools arouse family fun but at an extraordinary value. Walk just 3-minutes to sunny beaches and unforgettable dining or 10,000 family entertainment options! And when you return, you’ll find our Village Hosts with their concierge-like services attentive to your family’s needs. We’ll help everyone feel uniquely comfortable and delighted. Our motto, “Under promise and over deliver,” speaks of Tropirock’s value. After all, our attention to detail is evident in our use of custom tiled floors, fine woods and creative décor. Our spacious rooms have state-of-the-art flat screens, microwaves and coffeemakers. Wi-Fi is complimentary and there are never resort fees. Book Tropirock today and today your beach holiday begins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tropi Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropi Rock Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Tropi Rock Fort Lauderdale