We enjoyed our one night stay at the Tropi Rock after coming off the Westerdam, We saved much more than the cost of the hotel by flying out one day later. This old school Mom and Pop style hotel is is in full blown technicolor. The uber tropical gardens surrounding the pool and the property are a huge asset. Nice barbeque area and another secluded garden cove where my partner, nephew, and I were able enjoy a bottle of wine and some top quality cigars from the cigar shop across from Blue Fish. We managed not to offend anyone in our secluded location.
The Tiki Mexican theme ranges from good to cheap Mexican kitsch. Overall it adds loads of character. You just won't get this vibe at the beachfront hotels that are priced at almost double the rate. We did not find it particularly dirty. The spacious rooms in the hotel are definitely of an older vintage but we certainly didn't find them in a state of terrible neglect. The beds were a little too firm for my taste. Loved the pool, the coffee, and the manager Mick, who really is as hospitable as the other reviews claim. I was astounded by the fact that they did not not have an ice machine. Something about party people filling coolers and disturbing guest. There are quite few of us who enjoy a cocktail or a coke on ice that are not disturbers of the peace.
We didn't have a car, but a cab only cost about $15 from the port. We were able to walk north to the Blue Fish for lunch, and just a couple of blocks to the beach the next morning to have really decent and reasonable breakfast at The Deck. The little internet room next to the office was appreciated as we were able to pre-print our boarding passes for the next day's flights for only 25 cents a page. At night we took the water taxi from stop #3 on Seville Street. This was great fun at half price after 5pm. We had dinner at the Briny Pub downtown and a scenic trip back that included closeup views of the Millionaires homes at night and Steven Spielberg's super large yacht.
I would stay at the Tropi Rock again -on the next cruise most likely. I find Fort Lauderdale to be overpriced in general as beach towns go. You can find cheaper rooms in Ft. Lauderdale, but they will likely be cheap chains near the freeway or the airport. It is worth paying a little extra for location and the ambience - even if it cost a little more. It is not the Ritz down the street, but there will be no question that you are not in Kansas anymore, or North Carolina in my case. It was a little tropical oasis that proved to be quite fun at the end of our cruise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For centuries, Fort Lauderdale Beach has traditionally been among America’s top tropical destinations. We’re warm year-round. We offer endless world-famous beaches and world-class venues. In this spirit, we spared no expense updating the quintessential Tropirock Hotel – evoking memories of the golden age of travel when rooms were stylish and attentive service made you feel exceptional. Tropirock’s now one of North Beach Village’s most popular boutique hotels – where seascapes, watersports and heated pools arouse family fun but at an extraordinary value. Walk just 3-minutes to sunny beaches and unforgettable dining or 10,000 family entertainment options! And when you return, you’ll find our Village Hosts with their concierge-like services attentive to your family’s needs. We’ll help everyone feel uniquely comfortable and delighted. Our motto, “Under promise and over deliver,” speaks of Tropirock’s value. After all, our attention to detail is evident in our use of custom tiled floors, fine woods and creative décor. Our spacious rooms have state-of-the-art flat screens, microwaves and coffeemakers. Wi-Fi is complimentary and there are never resort fees. Book Tropirock today and today your beach holiday begins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tropi Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropi Rock Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Tropi Rock Fort Lauderdale