“March Break Madness” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tropic Cay Beach Resort

You added Tropic Cay Beach Resort to your Saves list
Tropic Cay Beach Resort
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   529 North Fort Lauderdale Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304   |
Ranked #129 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Ontario Canada
“March Break Madness”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

When i first reviewed this hotel i like the fact it was so close to the beach. That and the person at the front desk was very nice. But that is the only good things i can say about this hotel. I almost felt that the people who owned this place doesn't want to have anyone stay here. They are so badly need of repairs that you would take off a Sunday just to help them out. The washroom was so out dated that i think in 1960 it was used for a bomb shelter. I am so sorry. I am not trying to be funny. My husband booked this place for our family and i then reviewed the comments of everyone. Everyone has the same issue. They need to put money in to the place in order for people to enjoy it. If you are a college kid not caring about it being clean and this is all you can afford. I would stay out all night until you have to go to sleep at this hole in the ground. We will never be coming back to this place EVER AGAIN! I will pay the extra next time just to have peace of mind.

Room Tip: Try Red Carpet Inn
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Two nights at the Tropic Cay Beach Resort did not leave a good feeling at all. The rooms are not clean, below any standard, any place that had contact with humidity is rotting or has mold. The staff does not seem to care, house-keeping may or may not come, 'repairs' around the pool deck are done by a ruined beach chair wrapped in yellow 'caution' tape.
It seems obvious that the owners are just milking it as long as they can and wait for a high priced offer from a developer. Too bad - with some TLC, ideas, design, and investment it could turn into such a cool boutique place.

Room Tip: go somewhere else - sorry to say so but we moved to another place even tough we had paid for more ni...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Frist off, all I can say this is by far the worst hotel I have every stay at. The rooms are nothing like the picture’s show. It is a rundown motel. Also, if you are a light sleeper this is not the hotel for you. The hotel has a bar in the middle that has music playing till 2:00am. When you are in your room you can hear everything the walls are paper thin. In addition, if you are looking for customer service this is not the place. Jonathan the front desk agent has the worst people skills I have ever seen. When I called in to discuss my reservation as I had to leave one day early due to my father having a heart attack he hung up on me. TWICE. This man clearly does not value the customer’s that are paying his hourly wage. All I can say is STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book a room at the Hilton next door it is am AMAZING hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
wayne, nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

on our way home from key west stood at this dump.....OMG, we had found it in one of the books you get on the hwy... and the price was good for a hotel on the beach...now i know why ....what a dump.....mind you before we checked in we had to give an additonal $100 deposit because we were paying cash.....horrible horrible place...so skeevey i wouldn't even take a shower there......the pictures are a joke...no way did we have a room anywhere near what the pix's show...the bathroom was awful....hunks of wood chipped out ....no drain in the tub..pipes exposed...and they wanted a deposit in case we caused damage....they should have paid us to stay there....the place is a rat hole...avoid at all costs....and down the road we saw such nice motels also opposite the beach....this dump was $120 for a nite....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Royal Oak, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in February while waiting for my wife as she was seeing a friend in Port Saint Lucie. When I checked in and went to my room, I immediately noticed that the door had been kicked in before as the door jam was hastily repaired with a couple of bolts and caulk. There was no furniture besides a bed, non-working small fridge and an outdated chest that the TV sat in. It looked like a room that should have not been rented out. I went back to the front desk and asked for another room. I was put into a better room with a fridge, microwave and hot plate, but the door jam was repaired like the other room. After looking through the motel, it seemed as though 70% of the door jams had been repaired. It looks like the motel used to use card entry, but reverted back to using keys. I sleep fitfully the first night. The next day as I got things out of my car and brought them to my room, I noticed a couple sitting by the pool (turned out to be the owners). I finished and texted my friend on the balcony. I was laughing quite openly as he was sending some funny things to me. I do not know if the owner thought I was laughing at her, but a few minutes later after I had gone back into my room, she came up to my window and peered in using her hands as a sun shield. Then she was gone before I could even get to the door. If she had a problem or was curious about something, she could have knocked. I found this to be very rude.

The "resort" is a run-down motel. It could be a nice place if management would renovate the place as it is right on the ocean. But for now, having rude owners and being in such disrepair, I would recommend that travelers search for nicer accommocations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

By FAR one of the worst hotels I've stayed at .. Cleaning lady's must have cleaned the room with a blind fold on .. No hot water , very rude service etc.. Spend the extra money and stay 2 hotels down at the Hilton .. It'll be worth the money .

• Stayed February 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed there in Nov 2010. We book by internet and was to get a free night, When we got to the hotel we where told we were a day late but they would try to fine us a room. We needed a place to stay that night so...after seeind 2 other very run down dirty rooms we took one. The pictures posted DO NOT look anything like any room there. I got a peak at the re modeled room and it was also a mess. We had to shut the drapes in the door and used hair bands to hold the other shut. Sheets and towels were so thin you could see thur them as well as diry and stains. The next am we asked for refund. Told none where ever given. $200 plus dollars for one night we could have and should have stayed at a chain hotel. I contacted Hotel assosation and BBB the room was passed by both. We shou
ld get together and go to Judge Judy!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropic Cay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!