You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1500 West Commercial Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #14 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Chicago, IL
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed here one night before our cruise. The hotel was clean, quite, and comfortable. At check in there were Otis Spunkmeyer cookies which were very yummy. The breakfast was very good as well. Bagels, muffins, biscuits & gravy, pancakes, pastries, eggs, and plenty of variety of drinks. Good way to start the day. I appreciate the breakfast Holiday Inn provides. Nice touch!

I have to say I was thinking this hotel was closer to FLL than I thought. I didn't know it would be that far from FLL or the cruise port. Our cab fair was $40.00 with tip to get there and the hotel had a shuttle service for $35.00 to the cruise port. More money than I expected, BUT it was still a price savor to stay here than closer to the port. I think we saved @ $60.00 to stay here even with the cab and shuttle fee.

There are not any restaurant close by. The front desk will get you a cab if needed. We just walked down the street to McDonald's to grab a bite. We were going on a cruise so knowing that we were going to eat great meals the rest of the week, McD's was fine.

The was a great hotel to stay at!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear 4qqqq from Chicago,

Thank U !!! We appreciate all the great comments and information in your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. (and the cookies too) Our hotel is 11 miles from the International Airport and Port Everglades, but is an easy drive (or ride). (We are close to the 'private' Executive Airport FXE)
Hope you enjoyed your cruise ! Happy Holidays from all of us to you and family.
Jo Jean and Entire Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night whilst driving from Key West to Orlando. And we wish it had of been for longer! The hotel was lovely, very clean and staff incredibly nice. We were given gift bags on arrival (still not sure why but i loved it!!) only had a bottle of water, pack of crisp and breakfast bar each but i was over the moon.

Bedrooms were stunning, lovely views, lushious bed and very spacious. Microwave, fridge, coffee machine, lounge.

Hotel arranged taxis for us to go to the pub.

Breakfast in the morning was lacking, but it was free so what more can you expect?

Very pleased!

• Stayed November 2012
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Ashl3y from Manchester,

Thank You for the great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay (even though it was a short stay). Hope to see you again on your next trip to the states. Hope you enjoyed Key West and Orlando, too. Thanks for the nice word on our great staff.

Sincerely
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This hotel was everything that I needed it to be when my uncle and I arrived from Tallahassee. We purchased tickets for the Florida-Florida State and Miami Dolphin-Seattle Seahawks game for Thanksgiving weekend, but it was a logistic nightmare. After the Florida State game ended, we drove from Tallahassee to Fort Lauderdale and didn't arrive till 3:30AM. After a 6.5 hour drive, I wanted nothing more than to have a peaceful sleep on a clean comfortable bed.

Staff: The staff was great even though a lot of them didn't speak English very well, but that has to be expected when you're in South Florida. Regardless, the staff was friendly and the front serviceman noticed that we were dead tired and offered to have our bags carried up to our room. Checking in was a fast process and they provided us with a quick snack and bottled water upon our arrival.

Room: Plenty of lighting and space in the room was nice to have. I checked the beds and sheets for bed bugs and checked every corner of the room for any insects - everything was great and very clean. The beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. Our guests were not loud and even more important, outside noise was minimal which allowed us to have a good nights rest.

Shower: Hot water was always going and the shower head always had good pressure.

Breakfast: I usually don't take advantage of hotel provided breakfast, but I did in this case. The breakfast was delicious and we even took some hot black tea to go.

If I decide to go back to Miami for a Dolphins game or any or event for that matter, I will definitely go back to this hotel. The convenience of having it right off I-95 and the Turnpike makes it great for those that are traveling back and forth. The proximity to Fort Lauderdale Airport is also great. I also enjoy the fact that Sun Life Stadium is only a 30 minute drive via I-95 .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear BuckeyeFive from Toledo,

Thank You for staying with us!! and of course the Great Review. We realize many of our guests stay here to attend Events at Sun Life Stadium. Next time, try the Turnpike...it is a 20 minute drive. (Very close). You have many choices when choosing a hotel and thanks for choosing us. Your comments are appreciated by all!! Hope to see you soon.
Best Regards,
Frankfurt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Posivitive:
Quiet location, large rooms, reasonably clean, friendly staff

Negative:
checkin after 3pm only (not nice if coming from a cruise / flight in the morning) with a large amount of luggage.
breakfast is not plentiful comparing to internation standards. It's more of a snack on paper plates with plastic cuttlery etc.

Hint:
Good for 1-2 nights before/after cruising.
definitely need transport due to location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Trailbuster from Frankfurt,

So sorry that we didn't have a room for you early in the morning. If we had rooms available, we always allow early check ins to accommodate our guests. We are at sell-out status 92% of the year. Our check out time is 11am, although, many of our guests get a late check out as Priority Club Members.
We do appreciate your comments.
Sincerely.
Jo Jean and Staff
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I often cruise out of port everglades in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. We have tried several options for cruises out of port everglades, and we have finally found an option that is both reasonably priced, and convenient to the port. The hotel is located just north of the exit to port everglades off I-95. It's not crowded and it only took 15 minutes to drive from the hotel to the parking areas at the port. The hotel is well maintained with clean, large rooms and comfortable beds. A decent breakfast is included in the price of the room. The combination of the hotel charge and parking charge at the port was significantly less than 'park and sail' hotels located just a few miles closer to the port. We will definitly be using this option on future cruises out of port everglades.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Travelguru54 from Jacksonville,

Thank You for the great review. We strive to make every guests stay, a great one. Our staff and all our 'TripAdvisor' guests appreciate the information on the port, location and status of the hotel. We are only 11 miles from the port, but sometimes that little drive is good for price.
Hope you enjoyed your cruise. Come back Soon !!
Tampa Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel two weeks ago for the 3rd time in the last 3 months and booked again for next weekend. Nice rooms, super clean, staff is very friendly and breakfast is always plentiful and varied. Whenever we head down to Ft Lauderdale for a Dolphins game, this has become our go to hotel. Thanks JoJean and staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ms VK from Tampa Bay,

It is our pleasure to have Dolphins fans here, especially for the games. We are in a great location and not too far from the Stadium. Thanks for the great review. It is always a pleasure to have you with us. See you soon.... 'GO MIAMI Dolphins' ...!
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this location the night before and the night after our cruise. You should have a car to stay here as there is really nothing within walking distance or at least nothing I saw. The check in on our first stay was smooth and quick. The staff was friendly both at check in as well as the breakfast area. The room was very large, comfortable and clean as well as the bathroom. Cleanliness is very important to us and this hotel room and lobby were perfect in that regard. The room has a mini fridge and a microwave which is very convenient and something I enjoy even for a short stay to have a drink or snack in the room if needed. The breakfast was more than adequate to start your day with your regular holiday inn fare, including their pancake machine. The entrance to the hotel is a bit of a trick, which I know was address before by the hotel manager but a bigger sign indicating the entrance would be helpful. Speaking of the manager I must say she was more than helpful to me when I accidently booked my second night as a prepaid night instead of the AAA rate and if I needed to cancel she would have refunded my night without any questions which I greatly appreciated.

Now the second stay on the return from our cruise check in was not so smooth as the first night. We arrived early around 11:00 AM and the hotel was sold out the night before so there were no rooms available for us to check in early. I had no problem with that as I took a chance that there might be availablility early. However I asked the person at the desk to call me when a room was available so we could check in are be on our way instead of having to come back in the middle of the afternoon, she agreed. I returned at 2:30PM to check in without having received a call and got my room. I asked the front desk person from earlier that day if I was the first to check in (sarcastically). She answered me that only one other person had checked in prior to me. I really don't appreciate being lied to. There is no way the whole hotel had no rooms ready earlier and I was the second person to check in. I understand they are not obligated to give us a room until 3;00 which is check in time however if there are rooms available every hotel lets you check in. can you imagine what it would be like if everyone showed up at 3:00 PM to check in. This is my only criticism with this location and this would not prevent me from staying here in the future but it made me a little sour about the return experience.

Again do not hesitate to stay here, the price is right, the rooms are CLEAN, and the breakfast is better than standard continental and the location if you have a car is pretty good too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello Mr Paul Craig from Montreal,

Thank You for staying with us and the great review. Hope you had a GREAT cruise... I do want to apologize for the wait on your return trip. Dawn apologizes because she forgot to call you. She did get extremely busy and didn't get that opportunity. She had rooms about 1:45. We have soooo many Priority Club members that always check out late. (lots request a 2 Pm check out time)

So glad you loved our hotel and we always thank everyone that takes the time to give great information for other potential guests.

Thanks Again,
Hope to see you in the future when visiting the area...for a cruise or just to enjoy sunny Florida.

Sincerely, Jo Jean and Entire Staff

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport

Address: 1500 West Commercial Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
#4 Business Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#8 Romantic Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#16 Family Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport 2.5*
'Quick Snack' Shop in Lobby ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport Hotel
University Hotel Fort Lauderdale
University Motel Fort Lauderdale

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.