“Great service” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #63 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Check in/out was a breeze. No delays or hassles. We had great customer service during our brief stay. The room was clean and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel, mainly because of the excellent customer service both from the front desk employees and the valet attendant.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Dxwcarty,

I would like to say thank you for choosing The Westin Ft. Lauderdale as you lodging needs. It was a pleasure to have you and your family we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stay frequently at Westins -- this one is really run down. I've stayed multiple times in the past month -- once had food poisoning, twice had to switch rooms b/c of strong mold smell, rooms are pretty mediocre and feel dark and dingy. My card kept failing to get me into the gym. The restaurant is really weak, although breakfast is OK. Front desk staff is nice, but overall service is just awful.

Westin management does a disservice with this hotel -- I've been considering switching from Starwood since I need to travel to the area frequently and I need something convenient -- it's just such an awful experience.

Room Tip: Top floors seem to have a mold problem. Could be my own experience, but I'd avoid.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Patrick B, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

I would like to extend a personal apology for your experience with us. The Westin believes in building a strong foundation so that we can give our guest an exceptional experience. Starwood has one of the best loyalty programs around we would love to keep you on our team.

If you find yourself in the area please contact me directly at the hotel.

Warm Regards,
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here for my birthday weekend. Upon checking in, the front desk noticed it was my birthday, right away she upgraded my room to the lagoon view, and it came with the BIGGEST balcony.

She also hooked me up with 4 drink vouchers. On top of that, since I'm a SPG Gold member, I also got free wifi. Since we went out partied really late, we were able to have a 4 o'clock check out the next day, so we could sleep in. No hassle, no annoying knocks from the housekeeping. We had a great time, because I got everything that I wanted from Westin.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sammy F.

It's our pleasure to know what's important to our guests so that we can make every experience memorable. We are very pleased to hear that you were able to utilize all your benefits of being an SPG-Gold member.

We wish you well and see you next year on your birthday Sammy.
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stay at Starwood hotels a lot and was disappointed with this Westin. It's a convenient location for business or quick trips, but they seemed unorganized. No one greeted us when we arrived or was friendly at the front desk, the valet was rarely available, easily accessible, and the elevators were broken, to the point of unsafe. The amenities were all very nice and the housekeeping

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lyndsay H,

It's a little dissapointing to hear that your stay was anything other than exceptional. With that said I sincerly apologize for all the inconvenience that you endured during your stay. Here at The Westin we take pride in our service and making sure each guest experience is special. I will be sure to pass on the kind words to our Housekeeping Department.

New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I arrived in Ft Lauderdale via a 5 hour road trip. After grabbing a late night bite we checked in to the hotel around midnight.
On entering the room my wife noticed the bathroom did not appear in order. We called the desk and asked for housekeeping which arrived in minutes. After a little more looking about I re-called the front desk and asked to be moved to another room.
It wasn't the bellman that showed up almost immediately, it was Jason. He was apologetic in the most professional manner, helped us with our luggage, empathized with my grumpiness( We were road weary) and upgraded us to a full ocean view! He checked on us throughout our stay and showed he sincerely cared. Jason Seldin is the consummate professional!

Room Tip: Full Ocean View was stunning!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stayed in this hotel almost the whole September
Staffs are friendly, breakfast is good, location is good.
The problem is
1. Sound insulation is poor
2. You need to login internet everyday!! Very annoyed.
Overall a good business hotel

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at The Westin Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Bruce H,

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us for the month of September. I apologize for your couple of issues that prevented you from having an even better stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The room was very nice for relaxing and working on the computer, the TV had good channel selections (including NFL Network). I ate at the bar, which serves the same food as the restaurant, the service and drink selection was very good (no beer on draft, that was a little annoying). The beds were nice, it was a good overall experience. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at The Westin Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Erickbrown,

As a General Manager, I enjoy reading reviews like the one you shared. I will be sure to let our team know that their efforts are not going unnoticed. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fort Lauderdale soon.

Been to The Westin Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!