I stayed at this hotel with my spouse on October 3, 2010. This was our first time in Fort Lauderdale. We were only spending one night, as we were boarding a cruise ship the next day. If I had known the hotel was going to be this nice I definitely would have planned to stay longer. When we arrived at the hotel our room wasn't quite ready (no fault of the hotel - I should have asked for early check in since our plane landed around noon). The hotel staff showed us where we could change and gave us directions to the restaurants, shops, etc. that were within walking distance. We only had to wait about an hour for the room to be ready.
Our room was a corner room in the beach tower. This room was AMAZING. The hotel is divided between 3 or 4 buildings - the beach tower is right where it says - directly on the gorgeous beach. We had floor to ceiling windows on 2 walls of our room which overlooked the beach on one side and the pool on the other. The room was very large, very clean and the bed was super comfortable.
I need to point out how helpful the staff were at this hotel. Big shout out to Mike who greeted us inside the front door. Very friendly and a great welcome to the hotel. The next morning when we were leaving he remembered which cruise ship we were on and had us in a taxi within 2 minutes. Thanks!!
The two people I dealt with at the front desk couldnt have been more accomodating. Our room package came with a complimentary breakfast. We decided we didn't want breakfast, so they put a note in our file so we could eat at the pool restaurant at lunch for free!!
I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone (leisure travellers, business people, families, groups,etc.) who want a great place to stay. Hopefully we will get a chance to go back soon!!
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper
- Yankee Clipper Hotel Florida
- Yankee Clipper Motel
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper Fort Lauderdale
- Sheraton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel, a landmark destination. This stylish Fort Lauderdale resort is a haven of hospitality and is located directly on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Starwood, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.