“We loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale

You added B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1140 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel) (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #61 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Calgary, Canada
“We loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We were only staying two night but had a really good time. The location is great, its right on the beach and the staff is super friendly. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and would love to go back some point.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We just came home from a last minute, over-night, weekend getaway and had to share how happy we were with our decision to stay at the B Ocean Resort. Since we live less than a half-hour away from the beautiful beaches of Ft.Lauderdale, we like to take advantage of vacationing there, as often as we can afford! On the spur of the moment, this past Saturday morning, we booked at the B Ocean, having never stayed here before. Upon arrival, Charlie hooked us up with a beautiful l comfortable and quiet 10th floor room with a spectacular view of the ocean, the intercoastal, the port and downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Though the hotel and all it's amenities are spread out amongst several buildings, we easily got used to it and we enjoyed both pools, the beach and food and drink at Dos Caminos. We were able to watch the sunset and the sunrise as well! The staff was very friendly and we are already looking forward to the next time!

Room Tip: There are 4 different buildings. Ask about proximity to beach/pools. Also about views.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
BOceanResort, General Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Bonni Z,

We're so glad you chose B Ocean Fort Lauderdale as your home away from home for a quick weekend escape. It sounds like you fully enjoyed your room with a panoramic view of the ocean, port, downtown and the intracoastal waterway (also known as the Venice of America). Our staff is proud to know you enjoyed our friendly service in addition to enjoying the beautiful sunrise and sunset. Thank you for recognizing Charlie, who was instrumental in getting your weekend off to a great start. As you are nearby, we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The property is on a beautiful stretch of beach with easy access, and the staff is very friendly but the rooms are in need of upgrades and are small. If you only want your room to sleep and don't care about comfort or dinginess, it's a bargain. Otherwise, spend a few dollars more and don't feel like you have to take a shower after walking on the carpet barefoot.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear LarryR081,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit. Our staff takes pride in delivering excelelnt service and providing a clean and well maintained product. We are sorry your guest room did not meeting your expectations. We would like an opportunity turn your experience around on a future visit. Please stay in touch and let us know if you travels bring your back. We will gladly ensure all is in order for a great stay. Plans are under way to upgrade the hotel. We know you will be impressed with our enhancement.

Wilkesboro, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I recently stayed at the B Ocean while visiting his grandparents, who live in town. This was a much nicer option than staying at their house, although unfortunately we didn't get to spend very much time in the hotel. Here are my thoughts, though:

Parking: The parking was very convenient, although the garage was difficult to navigate, the elevator screamed like we were about to die, and it was unreasonably expensive.

The room: The room was nice enough. I wish there had been somewhere built-in to dry our towels and bathing suits. The bed wasn't the most comfortable I've slept in, but it wasn't the worse, either. There was a mini-fridge, which was nice for storing drinks, and there was drawer space and hangers in the closet. The bathroom was terrible, though. There was no exhaust fan, the paint was peeling, and the room got very muggy and nasty quickly. Additionally the toilet didn't flush well, and the room was so small that I had trouble wiping after using the bathroom because there wasn't room to spread my legs. It's worth noting here that I am a large person, so this probably wouldn't be an issue for an average-sized person. Also, it would be nice to have room in the bathroom for our toothbrushes, toothpastes, mouthwashes, etc. We had to keep a lot of stuff on the desk outside because there just was no room.

The "resort fee": The mandatory $20 resort fee got you two miniature bottled waters per day and access to beachfront chairs. Note: if you haven't drank (or hidden) yesterday's waters, they will not leave you 2 more - even though this is what the fee is supposedly for. However, the chairs on the beach were VERY nice. They are cushioned and sturdy chairs. Very comfortable options, even for heavy people like myself and my husband. The one time we got down to the beach we got the first row in front of the water. It was heavenly. Too bad the riptide was so bad that day, but you can hardly fault the hotel for that! The resort fee also included two "signature cocktails", which was really a small plastic cup with watered down rum punch in it.

The restaurants: Dos Caminos, which we tried for dinner and for breakfast, was overpriced and underwhelming. I did get an amazing guacamole with mangos, which was delicious, but it was very expensive. We went back for breakfast one morning. I got the breakfast that was eggs, meat, hashbrowns, and toast. This meal cost $13. The eggs were ordered over-easy. They arrived over-hard. The toast arrived dry. No butter. I normally am not someone who complains or sends food back, but this time I did ask the waiter to have two more eggs brought to me. Rock solid yolks are not my cuppa tea. The hashbrowns were very good, though, I will say that! It was also very nice to be able to eat outside. We never tried the Shipwreck bar, but it was very convenient to have a Starbucks cafe on site. That definitely helps when you want a morning latte, like I do!

The pools: The hotel has two pools. One was right outside of our rooms, the pool that is above the restaurants. It was a little weird knowing that people in the bar could see my fat white legs, but I got over it pretty quickly. (Most, but not all, of the windows into the pool were closed.) This pool had a very deep deep end, which I very much liked, but the pool was extremely chlorinated. My husband made the mistake of opening his eyes underwater, like he does every day in our backyard pool, and we had to go out and buy him eyedrops because he burned his eyes so badly. Seeing as how it burned my nostrils, I think opening his eyes was pretty foolish. We didn't go back into that pool again. The seaside infinity pool, though, was a saltwater pool. It didn't get very deep, but that was just fine. It was the picture of perfection. It was so nice to just swim next to the ocean. Everything about it was perfect.

All-in-all, I wasn't completely wowed by the B Ocean, but I wasn't turned off, either. It was the best deal we could find for a highly-rated hotel. I may have some complaints, but I would consider coming back the next time we visit Granny. I would shop around to see what other options there were too, though.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel was very nice and clean. Checking in was smooth and the front desk workers were very helpful. We had a room on the fifth floor with a nice view of the beach -which was a big plus! I want to thank specifically Ryan from the front desk! He was very helpful about any questions my friends and I had about the hotel and Fort Lauderdale! Our experience would definitely not have been the same without him! Thanks Ryan!

Overall, great staff, great location, great resort!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
BOceanResort, General Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Hoodo M.,

It was a pleasure to have you stay here at the B Ocean Fort Lauderdale. We're so glad Ryan helped exceed your expectations. He truly enjoys engaging with our guests, a cornerstone of our B hospitality. We'll share your compliments with him and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Until next time....B well,

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Do NOT be fooled this is not the B ocean, this is the ship shaped hotel that has taken over the name of the B Ocean hotel.
The staff was as nice as could be when we checked in. HOWEVER, there had been a flood in one of the rooms the day we arrived so for three days there was mouldy wet carpet odor throughout the entire 5th floor. No compensation was offered. Parking was a nightmare so you had to use the valet parking. Too dangerous to walk across the street.
When we checked out the concierge/ valet failed to load my son's overnight bag into our car, then refused to help us get the bag fed exed to Tampa. It held all his medications and night time teddy bear. They refused to acknowledge their error or help get the bag into the hands of the fed ex company. The new hotel we were staying in Tampa was better at helping us then the B Ocean. The security personnel was rude and could care less that my son's personal items, some of them medically necessary were no longer in our care .
The mermaid show was awful, sexist and unfortunate, we walked out 4 minutes into it. The food available at the pool side was limited and the beach was crammed. I will NOT return.....EVER

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Meriden, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 days before our conference meeting for our company, compared to the other hotel we had stayed at, the B ocean Hotel had
much better service and ALL the workers were VERY friendly. From the valley to the luggage guys, bartenders, Starbucks girls, the maids, just everyone! Very friendly, efficient and reasonable prices. My boyfriend mentioned he was thirsty while waiting in the lobby apparently one of the bell hop gentlemen overheard and brought him two ice cold bottles of water. When we were on the beach that gentlemen ran over and assisted us with beach chairs. We've stayed at many hotels and resorts but from them all, B Ocean staff stood out to us! The people are what make the stay a good experience. I would defiantly come here again and recommend to friends and family!!!

Room Tip: Beach View
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Beata Z,

Thank you for choosing B Ocean Fort Lauderdale for your recent business trip. We are delighted to hear you found our valet, restaurant/bar and housekeeping staff to be very friendly. It is our commitment to ensure every guest experience is a memorable one and it is nice to see we exceeded your expectations. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for taking time to share your feedback. It means a lot to us and we hope to see you again soon.

Jean Capps

Been to B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!