“It was ok” 4 of 5 stars
Review of B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale

You added B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1140 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel) (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #61 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“It was ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am a Florida Native and only came here for the mermaid show. The show was great especially for the children but once it reaches maximum capacity you have to watch it from the pool (which doesn't give you the same experience as watching it from within the restaurant.) The food was alright, a bit overpriced but hey, you're on the beach and that's how they rip the tourist off lol. Over all I would recommend someone to see the mermaid show. Also, they had karaoke which would have been more fun if there were more people in the restaurant once the mermaid show was over.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Estella f: Thank you for leaving us positive comments about our very unique MeduSirena Mermaid Show. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as our ambience and friendly staff. We hope to see you again soon for another relaxing Sheraton stay!

Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed here the 1st week of July & it was absolutely perfect. I was vacationing alone. The hotel was clean, quiet, and my room had a partial ocean view & which was absolutely stunning. My room was spacious & clean. The infinity ppl was very nice with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The other pool was also great. It was so cool that it was connected to wreck. I was traveling alone & I felt very safe. I didnt have to leave the hotel they had everything that I needed. I only ventured off to explore las olas blvd. They have a starbucks, 2 bars, a giftshop, a restaraunt & a poolside bar & grill & also beachside service. They really know how to treat their guests! I arrived early & I anticipated a long wait based on the reviews but I didn't have to wait. They let me check in early & I must acknowledge Charlie Lewis who was @ the front desk. He was amazing!!! As a matter of fact all of the hotel employees make the stay here worthwhile they all go above & beyond to make your stay comfortable. They are so friendly. I also had a late flight out & I checked out but went snorkeling & they stored my bags in the hotel safe & stowed my bags & were ever so kind about going out of their way to make it convenient for me. I really enjoyed my stay here & I expect a certain standard from Sheraton & they exceeded my expectations. I'll definitely be back for sure & I reccomend this place for sure.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear ashley f: Thank you for sharing your fantastic 5-star review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the top-notch service you have received from our attentive staff. It was a pleasure having you, and we hope to see you again soon!

Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is an oldie but, goodie! My partner and I stayed at the Sheraton over a long weekend July 19th - 21st. We arrived early and decided to see if we could check in. Based on several previous reviews remarking on the great service they received from Calesia, I was thrilled to have her check us in. She is absolutely a delight to interact with. The room we had been assigned to check in to was not ready. So, Calesia gave us the option of taking another room at the property across the street. It was wonderful! We were on the 9th flr., with a GORGEOUS ocean view! The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The rest of the staff at this hotel are all very nice and accomodating. I am looking forward to my next long weekend to Ft. Lauderdale and the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotel!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear lawrenka: Thank you for choosing the Sheraton as your travel destination for the weekend! We're so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time and was able to enjoy the beautiful weather. We hope to see you all very soon!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

A Very Good Sheraton Hotel Right on the Beach!

I like this location a lot... it is set slightly away from the other hotels right on the beach. I had a beautiful view of the ocean and beach from my balcony. I enjoyed watching the people play volleyball and such on the beach while I relaxed on my balcony.

Room was standard Sheraton quality. The furniture and overall feel of the room was tropical minimal Florida.

I would return again especially for the how inexpensive the room was for how nice of a stay I had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear nychellzkitchen: Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. We're delighted to hear that you found value in your stay, and were pleased with our beautiful location right on Fort Lauderdale Beach.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My company puts used this hotel regularly, and while the beach front location is good, this hotel is like 4 different properties in one. It has 4 buildings, beach tower, tower, main and marina. If you are lucky enough to get a room in the tower you are set. It's clean, quiet and comfortable. However, if your stars are not aligned and you get a room in the main building, don't expect to get any rest.
The rooms are arranged around one of the pools so there's people and kids all the time, not to mention some really loud construction noise. The best part is the housekeeping staff. I had a late check out time of 6 pm, because we didn't get to the hotel until 2 am. Around 10 am the housekeeper was knocking on my door, never mind that I had the DD sing on, and never mind that regular check out is at 11 am, she was banging on the door for a good 5-6 minutes and asking "I just want to know if you're leaving today" and such. Not a very good experience.
Unfortunately, I go to FL often for work and don't have a say on where we stay, but if I had a choice, I think I'd rather go to a motel 6 or something like that.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Pmoran2013: Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. What you experienced is unacceptable and we have shared your review with our housekeeping team to ensure action is taken, so we may improve our service. We hope to see you again the next time you're in the area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

we stayed here pre cruise for a weekend. loved everything! the hotel is refurbished and looks really nice. we had a corner room in the tower with a view of the port and beach. the hotel has 2 pools and a private beach. the beach bar is a great place to grab a drink or a snack. they will also come to you if you are at the beach or pool. we also liked the 2 restaurants- dos caminos and the wreck bar. they had nightly happy hour specials. the hotel also gave us a booklet with coupons to use at the sheraton or at the nearby westin. we would definitely stay here again if we visit fort lauderdale.

Room Tip: ask for a tower room. the rooms at the beach area get very loud because of everyone using the hallw...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jamie n: Thank you for sharing your fantastic 5-star review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the top-notch service you have received from our attentive staff. It was a pleasure having you, and we hope to see you again soon!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Although the outside of the rooms (hallways and room doors) need updating desperately. Rooms are good and clean and service is excellent. Employees are very friendly and always looking to help. The hotel location is excellent and the ammenities on the beach are great ( lounge chairs, towels, etc). The only restaurant (Dos Caminos) is a little pricey and if you are not into Mexican food, you will have to walk or drive to other places.

Room Tip: Main building is the only one with balconies, but it is the oldest building.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear jatpa4087: We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel and enjoyed our beautiful location right on Fort Lauderdale Beach. We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel cleanliness and will be sure to pass along to our housekeeping department. We look forward to welcoming you back and the near future!

Marketing Manager

Been to B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!