“My Experience at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale

You added B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1140 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel) (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #59 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
“My Experience at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel from February 22 - March 4th, 2014. This property is definitely high on our list of memorable stays in the U.S.
The service both at check in and check out was friendly and professional; special thanks and appreciation go to Bezen, Erica Stork and appreciation goes out to Marco for his assistance and patience with our parking needs.

Room Tip: The main floor beach tower is desirable; the pool food service is expensive but good and the pool an...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
Crete, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great location with beach access, pools, not far from airport or water taxi.

While room check in is 3:00, our room was not ready until after 5! Not a great start. The rooms are very basic and small. We did have a balcony room, which (in my head) made up for the small room. Was a great place to sit outside so long as the person below you is not smoking a cigar. We did appreciate the 2 bottles of water delivered daily (for free!). Being that I was here for work and brought along my teen son to hang out while on spring break, I did appreciate the variety of on-site restaurants.

Con: The bathroom exhaust fan was dirty and hardly worked to whisk away anything. Due to the poor exhaust fan, the bathroom filled with steam every morning and made it very difficult to get ready for work. Had to open the balcony door to help clear out steam. I also found some kind of green stuff and little black hairs (I will spare you the photo I took) stuck in the sheets at the foot of my son's bed, so I question where they get the bedding washed. I was thankful these surprises were not at the head of the bed.

Pro: I would have to give a kudos to the valet staff. They were fantastic! They did not roll their eyes at me when I accidentally left my phone charger in the car and asked if they could retrieve it. They did not get annoyed when I accidentally left my claim ticket in the car, they easily looked me up with my drivers license.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony is a bonus with beautiful view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mascouche, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Location is perfect if you want to spend time on the beach.
However if you are travelling with young children the staff on the beach tend to ignore you if you don't always have a few dollars ready for tip. I don't mind giving tips when I have great service but seeing the staff answer clients that looks more wealthy first made me sick. I've travelled to this hotel before on business and never realise that children were not so welcomed but I really felt like this this time.
The rooms are pretty outdated and basic for the price but clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Maureen1771: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. Your suggestions are very important to us, as we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our products. Thank you again for your feedback and for also sharing the positives about your stay.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Pros:
-The hotel is located on a Beautiful beach, where they will serve you drinks and food.
(Although the wait for service was lengthy)
-Walking distance to 711
-The mall was very close
-Service was great
-They had parasailing, jet skiing, and paddle boarding right on the beach

Cons:
-If your not a smoker or have children this is not the hotel for you. People smoke EVERYWHERE by the pools, outside there rooms and even on the beach. I'm pregnant so I found myself covering my nose the entire stay.
-I stayed in a balcony view room, it was gorgeous! But the room was small.
-they have a mermaid show that they make a big deal about. But it's pretty terrible.

Overall the stay was good, however I would not go back.

• Stayed March 2014
New Milton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stared here for a couple of nights after flying into Miami from the UK. It was rush hour when we arrived but the journey was relatively straightforward, with the car park over the road from the main reception. The rooms and facilities were good and the proximity to the beach and Water Taxi system made it an ideal place to start our holiday in Florida.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lynden, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel prior to leaving for a cruise. The traffic in Fort Lauderdale was crazy, but we made it. Once arriving, check in was quick & easy. The layout of the hotel is odd, it is very spread out with long corridors & different towers & elevators. It is right on the beach, which is nice. But it is right next to the public beach parking, which is a little unpleasant due to early morning volleyball players making noise, but it wasn't that big of a deal. We were with another party & they were put in a much better room with a much better view & a balcony (all the way across the hotel). That was weird because we booked at the same time & paid the same price??? Not smart to do when 2 groups are together & will see each other's room. We were also told many different things from the concierge, one day they were nice about setting up a rental car, the next day they were rude & gave different info. And them a car to the cruise ship, they tell you there are no taxis & you have to pay $8 a person for there shuttle, then it goes to $10 per person, then when we were ready to go (not using a shuttle) we walked outside & there were taxis sitting there. We took one for $20 for 4 people. Just no consistency happening. If u want dinner, look elsewhere, or have a reservation. And don't even mention room service, it took almost 2 hrs.
**just a side note, I have never had any issues with my credit card, & never used it any other place, besides this hotel, & the number was mysteriously stolen?? And charges made to it while I was on the cruise, out of the country & I never used it on any islands I went to, I'm not saying it was this hotel for sure, but I don't know where else it could have been, seriously, $700 to a Verizon store in Fort Lauderdale, I don't even have Verizon or even have a phone in my name. My card never came out of my pocket except to check in**
I did not let the credit card thing effect my review though, as it is not 100% known if it was there doings.
All in all, probly will check a different hotel next time I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Dink1525: Thank you for taking the time to share your review with our Trip Advisor Community. We apologize for the challenges and difficulties you encountered throughout your stay as this is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests. Know that I have shared your comments with our team and please trust that they will be looking into this further. With four main buildings as part of the hotel, we understand that this can be a challenge due to the layout of the property; however a majority of our outlets are centrally located in the main building to provide easy access for all guests. Again, thank you for your comments.

Ridgewood, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our extended family (of 25) stayed at the Sheraton for a family reunion. While the rooms needed updating... the service was excellent. Good food (Dos Camenos & Starbucks+, beautiful beach... and the staff at the beach was beyond accommodating (Thanks Rudy!!)
We'll be returning next year

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Karen F: Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, pool area, and the view of the beach! It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again soon!

Marketing Manager

Been to B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!