“Ft. Lauderdale & Key West vacation.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale

You added B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1140 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel) (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #60 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Ft. Lauderdale & Key West vacation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Initally stayed at the Sheraton Beach Hotel in April of 2012 for a few days prior to driving to Key West for a night (stayed at the Lighthouse Court Hotel). I must say that I thought we were sleeping on a CLOUD while at the Sheraton and the service was terrific in EVERY way! We returned to the Sheraton once again on our return trip to Ft. Lauderdale for two additional nights........they gave us an UPGRADE with a FULL ocean view at no extra cost!! Originally, we had an ocean view, but not as nice as the second time around. My brother visited for one night (from Naples, Fla.) and used the rollaway bed and was so thankfull for the comfort of it, that he informed the desk about it. When my auto was retrieved by one of the staff, they turned on the airconditioning and were EXTREMELY polite in every sense of the word. The private beach afforded the guests was a joy with ample seating accomodations. By the way, there was NO CHARGE for the rollaway bed. The restaurant on site was nice and had good food in addition to having two bars....one that was used in the movie: "Analyze This". A good experience for us.

Room Tip: Certainly, a room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear alan c: Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review about your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and all of the great compliments surrounding our restaurants, outlets, and staff service. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful beachfront property.

Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Can you beat it? No way!!! This beautiful place is located just steps from the ocean and has every amenity you can possibly thing of. The fun this place provides is fantastic and there really is no way you can go wrong. I stayed this weekend and had a great time just relaxing beachside playing volley ball and wandering the strip.

The staff is excellent, Vivianne was excellent at the front desk. Made sure my stay was world class providing me with anything I needed.

Don't stay anywhere else on Ft. Lauderdale Beach!

-Steve

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Steve D: Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale Beach! Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay at the oceanfront Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our beautiful location and hope that your travels will bring you back to our property again very soon!

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The location couldn't be better - right on the beach. Stayed on the 6th floor with Ocean View - I had to pinch myself each morning as I looked out the window. The rooms and public spaces were clean and welcoming. But what sets this hotel apart is the staff. Everyone, and I mean everyone, from the front desk to the cleaning crew to the restaurant staff, etc. were so accommodating, friendly and attentive. There was no request too small or inconsequential that did not get their immediate attention. They made me feel like a very important guest! I am looking forward to my next trip there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Elbamfl: Thank you for your review, and your recommendation! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our location, and all of our wonderful Sheraton amenities. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the area!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I had a friends wedding to go to and I'm from Fort Lauderdale and came down to visit. The staff was very unprofessional, it took me a hour and half to get a cot for a friend, they put stress on my friend and his feature wife, they didn't tell me that you you have to pay for parking one way or another, either valet or self parking and both $20 or more per day as I prepaid for the room. The hotel bar dos caminos had terrible service as well with lack of employees and lack of food on their menu. I don't believe there was one good thing about this hotel. Definitely not staying here again!!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Wazup111: Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your comments, and we are passing them along to the appropriate departments for further improvements. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review, as we are always looking for ways to improve our product and service.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am a frequent traveler to the S Fla market. I have stayed at every S. Florida Starwood property and this is my favorite.

Its not the newest, but it has a great location. Food at Dos Caminios is always good and a cold drink by the pool at the end of the day is nice. The staff is always pleasant and attentive to guest needs. Vivienne, one the the VIP coordinators really stands out for great customer service and attention to detail. She always reaches out before my visit to see if there is anything I need. I like the personal touch.

You do not need to spend more to get a great room and service...

Cheers,
DM

Room Tip: I have stayed in the Beach Tower and the Main Bidg. Both are fine, if your spending more time at th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had a mixed experience at this hotel. The service was good and the staffs were friendly. I received a welcome email from the VIP staff Vivienne a couple days ahead of my vacation to ask for preferences. They gave me the upgrade that I had requested for my sister's honeymoon and had welcome gifts. The front desk staff who checked me in was very polite (mid aged woman with curly hair, I forgot her name..) Even though I'm not completely satisfied with the upgrade because of the floor level, but I was told that they have no other rooms. It's a shame, but not the staff's fault.
HOWEVER, this hotel itself is too old and not well maintained.
- We had 2 rooms with a beach view, but it was on the second floor so the beautiful view is almost completely blocked by the trees and the swimming pool (total waste of the view). The room is all glass on two sides, even though they say you can't really see from outside, but the fact is that you can see quite clearly at the pool, which is quite uncomfortable to know that all people know exactly what you're doing. So we kept one side of the curtain shut most of the time.
- The room is big, but looks old. The ceiling and floor are dirty with stains, had holes at the corner, and the metal bars are all rusty in the bathroom. The outlets at the desk are loose, so you have to press on it for it to work. Wooden desk was covered in a layer of dust, and the drawers were moldy. I would never expect to see this in a Sheraton hotel.
- The TV size is way too small for the size of the room, so when you sit on the bed you can't even see the number when changing channels.
- The hallway leading to the swimming pool on the first floor always smelled like wet stinky shoes. I understand is probably because the carpet is always wet when people come in from the ocean/pool, but that can easily be maintained or just changed to tiles instead. They weren't smart about that.....
- I would expect them to have free shuttle services to the hotel, but they do not either (very close to FLL)
If it wasn't because I still had good service from the staff, I would rate this hotel as a 1 or 2 star only.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wenwbaby: Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback from your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We apologize for the challenges and difficulties you encountered throughout your stay, as this is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests. Your comments are very much appreciated, as this will help us to improve the quality and service we provide to our guests. Thank you again for your feedback and for also sharing what you enjoyed most about your stay!

Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton FLL to have a quick get away in August and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. They knew we were celebrating a well needed weekend trip and surprised us with a cheese platter with a personalized card! Vivienne was exceptional, she was the one that went out of her way to find out small details of our getaway and pleasantly surprised us! This def started our trip off on a great note! The beach that we overlooked was amazing to wake up to! Dos Caminos was a perfect place for guacamole that we both love so much and we didn't even have to leave the hotel! I highly recommend this resort as a getaway for couples to relax, have fun and get some great beach time in!

Room Tip: Ocean view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!