“The Sheraton does not live up to it's name.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale

You added B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1140 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel) (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #60 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Montreal, Canada
“The Sheraton does not live up to it's name.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I'm presently a guest at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort writing this review in my room there are seven of us traveling together, we were in Miami a few weeks ago stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, so my brothers wanted to try something directly on the beach. Bad move!!! Upon arriving we asked for an upgrade(only after reading the reviews), everyone is very polite and is happy to give an upgrade,but it's all a ploy/trick to make you feel that you are getting a better quality than expected. Upon entering the room it reminded me of an old motel that needs to be Renovated. Don't get me wrong the view we had overlooking the yatch club is great!!! but comparing this to our past experience a few weeks back this place does not live up to it's name. All showers have very low water pressure,the windows do not open so if u don't like
Using AC. in your room too bad, the rooms are small with cheap furnishings, and no free Wifi!!!! Hello everywhere has free wifi even Mcdonalds!!! The food in their restaurant is overpriced and very average. I was later told the Westin spa and Beach Resort was a much higher end hotel a five and a half star. This hotel was considered a three star,What?? If you're use to a certain
standard it's difficult to go down. If you do not care about the fancy service and small details you can stay here but if ur looking for that extra service,elegance and personal care this is not the spot. The place is clean and a polite staff but does not live up to the Sheraton 's name. We will be heading to the Westin Spa and Beach Resort for breakfast tomorrow. Hope to get a room there until the end of our stay or we will try the Crowne Plaza Hollywood beach. Don't be fooled
by the pictures.

Room Tip: Research ur hotel on line do not be fooled by the pics.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Shary S: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. Our goal is to ensure that every guest has a memorable experience and the feedback you provided will help us to improve our product and the services we offer to our guests. Thank you again for your comments and we do hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much better stay!

Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We are absolutely thrilled with the service we received from Melissa this week (aug 26-30th) & Nicole from the Beach & Bar Grill as well. All of the staff has been wonderful, but these ladies really went the extra mile to accomodate our needs. We appreciate their hard work & devotion to customer service. We just want to say thank you so much! You made our stay at the Sheraton the best!

• Stayed August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and enjoyed the location and, especially, the wonderful staff at the hotel.
The rooms are very spacious and we stayed at the beach tower, with a full view of the ocean. The pool is also right on the beach and you can go back and forth if you want to enjoy both possibilities. The staff will bring towels and lawn chairs to the sand for you and all you have to do is relax.
The location is great and within walking distance from Las Olas Boulevard, with all the restaurants and fine stores. I would definitely stay there again.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

So we went there for a week vacation (with a little doggy). It was nice that it was pet-friendly and free of additional charges. The room we had was nice, oceanview with balcony, everything I wanted... I wanted to feel like I was in the Bahamas and it did that for me (ok the beach was not AS beautiful but it was pretty ok). What a nice feeling when you wake up in the morning and the beach is in front of you. So a great Beach Hotel I have to say. And they also have chairs and service at the beach, how convenient is that! The beach was really clean. And we really had our own spot for the hotel guests. There is also 2 swimming pools... one by the beach (infinite pool with a bar) and another little one. I wish there was some spots for adults only because there was a lot of kids and I didn't find that "peace" I was looking for at the pool. They have the Wreck Bar where there is a Mermaids show. Also, they have the Dos Caminos restaurant which has great guacamole and 0.50$ mimosa on sunday brunch! The hotel service overall is very helpful and nice. When we asked for something, we usually got it right away. There is self-parking in their garage, but it is 20$/day and the spots are rather tight... so you better be a good parker. Otherwise they also offer valet parking for 25$/day. You have free wi-fi in the lobby only. Extra charge if it's in your room. Try to check for their weekly special events schedule because they do have some activities. We missed the wine tasting... bummer! I liked that they had recycle bin in the room... i'm all for eco-friendly places! Also, you can skip the room cleaning for 5$ voucher (per day) you can use at the hotel restaurants/stores. Finally, my little doggy got the chance to go on the beach and have a little swim... it is not pet-friendly per say but I saw a few dogs just walking by the beach and it was great! It is not a brand-new hotel (they might need some renovation) but overall, very pleasant and clean!

Room Tip: oceanview with a balcony!
Woodbridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed 6 nights August 18-23. We had two rooms as we have 4 children under the age of 8. They were able to give us adjoining rooms in the Marina building. The biggest positive is that the hotel is on the beach. The beach area is nice but the water is quite wavy. Not ideal for small kids. The pool area was nice and relaxing with warm water. It was very hot and sunny the entire time we stayed. My husband spent his time on the public beach which was a 2 minute walk. You can bring your own food and drinks to the public side, but not on the private side. You will have to purchase food at the beach grill. We ate there a few times and the food was great. A bucket of 5 cans of beer was reasonably priced, however, I found the mixed drinks to be pricey at around $9-$12 a drink. self parking was fine for us...we never had a problem finding a close parking spot. this hotel is better suited for families...I wouldnt describe it as "romantic". Staff was very pleasant and helpful. There was a nice shady area for the kids to play in the sand and some shady spots near the pool.Otherwise, umbrella rental is $20 per day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear JeanetteandVince: We read your review and are very excited to hear you had such a wonderful time during your 6-night stay with us! We appreciate your positive comments about our location, staff friendliness, and food and beverage service at our outlets. Thank you again for sharing your review and we look forward to your next visit to the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel.

Forest City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

When I first booked the hotel through Priceline, I sent a message detailing that it was our honeymoon, etc. and to see if there was anyway to make the stay extra special (i.e. upgrade, nice view, etc.). Their response was that they would see what they could do. Now, I have worked in the hotel business before and I understand that sometimes upgrades are not possible, so I am not upset about that. However, when we arrived there was NO note in the computer at all that this was a special stay and the GSR even tried to give us a room with TWO beds...on our honeymoon!

Once we checked in, we found out that our room was in the building the farthest away from the beach, pool, and everything else. We weren't happy with that, but we dealt with it. However, the location of the room exactly was an issue. Not only did we have a view of a tree and the parking garage (how romantic!), but we were situated right next to the elevators AND the entrance to the parking deck. So, every bit of our stay was filled with noise from other guests entering, exiting, getting on and off the elevator, and getting ice or soda.

What they don't tell you is that there are three buildings. The best is next to the beach (premium accommodations and location), then there is the main building, and finally the dump that our room was in. Our room was basic, but clean (though there were stains on our sheets). However, it had a horrible, musty smell. Again, not romantic.

Then, during our first night, we were awoken at 5AM by a vacuum cleaner outside our door and a housekeeper speaking very loudly in Spanish to a friend. I called the front desk and was told "it happens." The second morning, the same thing happened at 4:30AM!!! How can a person get any rest or relaxation with that happening???

Finally, upon checkout, I wasn't even asked how our stay was. I was given a receipt for two nights of parking and sent on my way.

Now, I know it is too late for anything to be done about our stay. But, I think the service should be better for those who stay in the future. This hotel did not meet the standards that I have come to expect from Sheraton.

The customer service people that I had been emailing back and forth with stopped communicating with me. Overall, stay away from this hotel. Bad service, bad rooms/buildings, and just way too expensive to be worth the hassle.

Room Tip: At another hotel! But, if you are staying here, ask for something in the main or beach building and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear David S: Your feedback is very valuable to us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor. Please accept our sincere apologies, as this is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests, especially not on such a special occasion. Rest assured your review will be discussed with our management team to ensure the areas you addressed are acknowledged. Again, thank you for your comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our product.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was very cautious about what to expect after reading reviews before we stayed here on our way to a cruise, but I would highly recommend this hotel. We didnt have a beachfront room, but that didnt matter. Our room was very large and clean, and it didnt take long to get anywhere. It is beautifully situated and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Yvonne S: Thank you for choosing our hotel are your pre cruise destination. Ironically, the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel was originally built to resemble the shape of a cruise ship. We are so pleased you had a great stay and enjoyed our convenient location right on the beach. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Marketing Manager

Been to B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!