As an adult couple looking for a long weekend getaway we chose this hotel based on location and also easy access to downtown Fort Lauderdale and close to friends who live in the area.
The staff are lovely and the hotel is very clean. We stayed in the beach tower and the rooms were extremely quiet which was a relief as the hotel was full of families and young children.
My husband and I spent most of our day away from the hotel, and had we not we would most likely have had to check out as this hotel is NOT for am adult getaway. It is meant strictly for families. The pool deck is relatively small and cramped from head to toe with chairs and the pool full of children. There is another quiet pool on a different floor but it feels like a gymn pool as there is no bar service and does not feel like a resort.
Walking into the lobby there are several restaurants and bars all with blasting loud music and there is nowhere to sit for a nice quiet cocktail.
The room was very comfortable but I was extremely disappointed to see that none of the windows opened to enjoy the sea air. I found the room to be very dry which is unusual for Florida.
Having said all of that, for the price we paid and thank goodness we did find a deal, we would return to this hotel if we did not have to stay at the hotel during they day. Otherwise we would have to find another more suitable location for a middle aged professional couple looking for a nice weekend of rest and relaxation. Also I was surprised to see this location did not have a club floor section.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the ultimate oceanfront experience in South Florida, look no further than B Ocean Resort in Fort Lauderdale. Located directly on the pristine white sand beach, B Ocean Resort is where you'll want to B for the ultimate beach vacation. With 486 bright and airy guest rooms and suites, B Ocean Resort features the most desirable amenities, including FreeB™ WiFi, 2 outdoor pools, a private beach, the B Active Fitness Center, and delectable dining at Dos Caminos, the famed Wreck Bar and Beach Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Despegar.com, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yankee Clipper Hotel Florida
- Yankee Clipper Motel
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper Fort Lauderdale
- Sheraton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Sheraton