Yes, this hotel is on the older side. I gather it's a fairly historic hotels and you can find pictures of Marilyn Monroe and other famous people who have stayed here. But, the service makes up for the older rooms and dated decor. When I arrived, I was checked in by friendly desk staff, who upgraded my room (without my asking), gave me a 2-for-1 coupon for a cocktail (without my asking) and gave me 2 days of free wifi (without my asking). That made the stay worthwhile!
The rooms are nice, but nothing outstanding. The soundproofing is actually pretty bad, as I could hear the cars on the street outside, despite being 11 floors up! The furnishings were comfortable, as with any Sheraton. The gym was actually exceptional, with lots of machines and weights. The pools were ok, but nothing great. The hotel is actually spread over 3 buildings, with 2 pools, 2 restaurants, a Starbucks and other facilities.
Overall, although not the most modern or new of facilities, I was very happy with my 2-day stay for business!
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper
- Yankee Clipper Hotel Florida
- Yankee Clipper Motel
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper Fort Lauderdale
- Sheraton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel, a landmark destination. This stylish Fort Lauderdale resort is a haven of hospitality and is located directly on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Hotwire, Venere, Amex, Olotels, getaroom.com, Agoda, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.