“Do not expect much if you stay here. Would recommend staying elsewhere...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1140 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #56 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Springfield, Virginia, USA
“Do not expect much if you stay here. Would recommend staying elsewhere...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011 via mobile

If you don't believe my ratings are fair, just go on the Starwood page for the hotel and read the reviews.

The housekeeping service is below average, service is atrocious with the exception of the front desk and valet staff who were always top notch. Reataurant service is terrible. They seems to act like they are doing you a favor by servicing the table and don't even take care of the basics like bringing flatware and refilling drinks.

There is constant cruise ship traffic contributing to long lines everywhere especially checking-in and all around the lobby and main tower level. Lots of groups stay there on the way to/from cruises so it's pretty much pandamonium consistently. It really isn't a good relaxing vacation spot.

The local water has a weird taste and yellow tint to it. We were told that ia standard for the area city water system but could not verify this.

The only good thing about the place is the location. It's right on the beach and near several restauranta, shops, and nightlife.

• Stayed December 2011
sinceresfbh, Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear Gordongekko83: Thank you for your comments about the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel; they are much appreciated as this will help us to improve the quality of service and the product we provide our customers. Thank you for also acknowledging what you enjoyed most about the hotel along with the areas that need improvement.

1,374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011 via mobile

Nice hotel, great location. We stayed here one day prior to our cruise vacation. The property is right on the beach and this hotel has 2 pools. The fitness room was fully equipped. The beds were very comfortable, but the room service was the best I have had soo yummy. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2011
toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed here for two nights after a cruise. My friends were given room 391 in the Marina Tower. You have to take the elevator and then walk along the skywalk across the highway. Quite a long trip with luggage and a 10 month old baby. There was no hot water from the shower and no safe in the room. I was given room 109 in the south tower. There was substantial mold on the drapes, no safe and absolutely no view of anything.
We complained and were given rooms 153 and 151 in the Beachside building. This is a separate building right on the beach. These rooms were substantially better maintained and had safes in them.
My friends requested a crib for the baby and a fridge to store baby food. They had to call a second time to get these delivered. They were finally brought to the room while they were out. It would have been nice if the employee had actually plugged in the fridge to ensure that it worked rather than just leaving it in the room.
The lock on my door did not lock when I left the room. This was not readily apparent and I am glad that I double checked the door when leaving. The door lock was repaired but later in my stay, the pass card would not open the door and I had to ask for assistance again.
In the Sheraton's favour - the pool on the beach is very nice and we had an excellent lunch there. The female employees at the desk were very helpful. The hotel is right on the beach but there are no shops nearby so it was hard to get baby food and other supplies.
I stayed here some years ago before it was closed for renovations. I enjoyed my stay then but was really disappointed this time. My stays at the Hilton and Renaissance were much better.
Overnight parking costs $20. Internet access was $10 a day but you can go next door to the Best Western and they have a computer in the lobby with free internet.
Unless you can be guaranteed to get a room in the beachside building, I would stay somewhere else.
Andrew

Room Tip: insist on a room in the beachside building
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Tocanada2: Thank you for sharing your review and taking the time to provide valuable feedback about your recent stay. We understand that providing our guests with a clean and well maintained guestroom is number one priority and we sincerely regret that we failed to deliver such a room to you during your stay. Your feedback will be shared with our housekeeping and engineering teams. Furthermore, you will be glad to know that all guestrooms now have an in-room safe, so that our guests can store valuable items securely. Again, thank you for your comments and review about our hotel.
Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in transit from England for one night prior to joining our cruise. This appeared to be the major source of income for them as the next morning crowds of people collected with their luggage in the reception area awaiting pick up by coaches to be taken to their various ships.

The rooms were large and the beds comfortable with nice linen. We were there on a Friday evening and there was a 'mermaid' show in the bar which was quite fun. The accommodation was perfectly adequate for a stopover.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Roslyn105: Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel as your pre-cruise destination! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope you had a wonderful cruise. Come back and see us soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Stay away from this “hotel”! This Sheraton is more a motel than a 4-star hotel. I would never knowingly book a room at a hotel with a 7.3 guest rating, but trusting that Priceline’s guarantee of 8+ rating on their “Name Your Own Price” 4-star hotels actually meant something, I paid for a 3-night stay and Sheraton accepted my price. After reading the reviews, I knew this was going to be bad, and it sure was. I was given a room in the Clipper Building. I have never stayed at a motel, but I can’t imagine motels can do any worse. The building is motel style, with dirt and stained furniture all over the place. The furniture in the room was old and dirty. I had asked for a room with a refrigerator (it costs $10/night), thinking they had select rooms with a refrigerator, but no, it had it to be brought up to my room – again only at a motel would this happen – and when it came, sure enough it was dirty and looked liked it was picked up from the street. I wasn’t going to have my vacation ruined and immediately went online to look for another hotel, but my travel companion suggested I ask for a different room instead. We had read that the tower building was better, so I went to the front desk and requested a room in the tower building. Needless to say, the agent wasn’t too pleased to give me another room, this time in the south tower. It was a huge upgrade from the first room, but it still was not up to par: water stained ceiling in the bathroom, cracked and chipped floor molding, dusty and stained furniture, broken TV remote control, broken ironing board, old iron, hair on the bathroom floor for two days, vacuum cleaner left on the corridor for two days, the list goes on. I didn’t want to complain anymore than I already had, so I went out and got disinfecting wipes to clean up the dirt. The only positive comment I have about this hotel is the pillows. I have stayed at the Westin, and they have a similar pillow, so I guess this is the Starwood chain standard. I hadn’t stayed at a Sheraton before this trip, and most definitely would not ever again. If you must stay at this hotel, insist on a room in the tower building.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this hotel, insist on a room in the tower building.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Chicagoland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

We are Sheraton frequent stayers. We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years before and after cruises. This time I was sadly disappointed. They put in a Mexican restaurant and took out half the lobby to do so. The lobby had recently been redecorated and was simply devine. Very relaxing to sit there and read a book, use your computer or converse. Now there is virtually no lobby to sit in. We don't eat Mexican food. Even the breakfast sausage at Starbucks was too spicy to eat. The menu at the main pool bar was changed to spicier things as well. The music at the second pool was also Spanish. They took out the comfortable lounge seating at the main pool and put it in the cabanas so now you have to pay for it. Again, this was the charm of the pool area. I felt like they were catering to people from south of the border and not to Americans. So we will have to look for another hotel in the area for our next trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Richmond Hill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Stayed before a cruise for 2 days. Hotel is on the beach, great view and close to airport and port (approximately $15). Impeccable service & very friendly staff. Good value.

We stayed in a ocean front room, air conditioning system was too loud, room old fashioned with furniture cracked and stained. No hot tubs at pools. Cigarette smoke in link area of hotel as wind blows smoke into building from smoking area.

Room Tip: Free wi-fi in Link area
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!