If you don't believe my ratings are fair, just go on the Starwood page for the hotel and read the reviews.
The housekeeping service is below average, service is atrocious with the exception of the front desk and valet staff who were always top notch. Reataurant service is terrible. They seems to act like they are doing you a favor by servicing the table and don't even take care of the basics like bringing flatware and refilling drinks.
There is constant cruise ship traffic contributing to long lines everywhere especially checking-in and all around the lobby and main tower level. Lots of groups stay there on the way to/from cruises so it's pretty much pandamonium consistently. It really isn't a good relaxing vacation spot.
The local water has a weird taste and yellow tint to it. We were told that ia standard for the area city water system but could not verify this.
The only good thing about the place is the location. It's right on the beach and near several restauranta, shops, and nightlife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel, a landmark destination. This stylish Fort Lauderdale resort is a haven of hospitality and is located directly on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Amex, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Tingo and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yankee Clipper Hotel Florida
- Yankee Clipper Motel
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper Fort Lauderdale
- Sheraton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Sheraton