“Pre-Cruise Stopover” 3 of 5 stars
Review of B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale

You added B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1140 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel) (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #59 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Littlestone-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Pre-Cruise Stopover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in transit from England for one night prior to joining our cruise. This appeared to be the major source of income for them as the next morning crowds of people collected with their luggage in the reception area awaiting pick up by coaches to be taken to their various ships.

The rooms were large and the beds comfortable with nice linen. We were there on a Friday evening and there was a 'mermaid' show in the bar which was quite fun. The accommodation was perfectly adequate for a stopover.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
sinceresfbh, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear Roslyn105: Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel as your pre-cruise destination! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope you had a wonderful cruise. Come back and see us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Stay away from this “hotel”! This Sheraton is more a motel than a 4-star hotel. I would never knowingly book a room at a hotel with a 7.3 guest rating, but trusting that Priceline’s guarantee of 8+ rating on their “Name Your Own Price” 4-star hotels actually meant something, I paid for a 3-night stay and Sheraton accepted my price. After reading the reviews, I knew this was going to be bad, and it sure was. I was given a room in the Clipper Building. I have never stayed at a motel, but I can’t imagine motels can do any worse. The building is motel style, with dirt and stained furniture all over the place. The furniture in the room was old and dirty. I had asked for a room with a refrigerator (it costs $10/night), thinking they had select rooms with a refrigerator, but no, it had it to be brought up to my room – again only at a motel would this happen – and when it came, sure enough it was dirty and looked liked it was picked up from the street. I wasn’t going to have my vacation ruined and immediately went online to look for another hotel, but my travel companion suggested I ask for a different room instead. We had read that the tower building was better, so I went to the front desk and requested a room in the tower building. Needless to say, the agent wasn’t too pleased to give me another room, this time in the south tower. It was a huge upgrade from the first room, but it still was not up to par: water stained ceiling in the bathroom, cracked and chipped floor molding, dusty and stained furniture, broken TV remote control, broken ironing board, old iron, hair on the bathroom floor for two days, vacuum cleaner left on the corridor for two days, the list goes on. I didn’t want to complain anymore than I already had, so I went out and got disinfecting wipes to clean up the dirt. The only positive comment I have about this hotel is the pillows. I have stayed at the Westin, and they have a similar pillow, so I guess this is the Starwood chain standard. I hadn’t stayed at a Sheraton before this trip, and most definitely would not ever again. If you must stay at this hotel, insist on a room in the tower building.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this hotel, insist on a room in the tower building.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Chicagoland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

We are Sheraton frequent stayers. We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years before and after cruises. This time I was sadly disappointed. They put in a Mexican restaurant and took out half the lobby to do so. The lobby had recently been redecorated and was simply devine. Very relaxing to sit there and read a book, use your computer or converse. Now there is virtually no lobby to sit in. We don't eat Mexican food. Even the breakfast sausage at Starbucks was too spicy to eat. The menu at the main pool bar was changed to spicier things as well. The music at the second pool was also Spanish. They took out the comfortable lounge seating at the main pool and put it in the cabanas so now you have to pay for it. Again, this was the charm of the pool area. I felt like they were catering to people from south of the border and not to Americans. So we will have to look for another hotel in the area for our next trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Richmond Hill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Stayed before a cruise for 2 days. Hotel is on the beach, great view and close to airport and port (approximately $15). Impeccable service & very friendly staff. Good value.

We stayed in a ocean front room, air conditioning system was too loud, room old fashioned with furniture cracked and stained. No hot tubs at pools. Cigarette smoke in link area of hotel as wind blows smoke into building from smoking area.

Room Tip: Free wi-fi in Link area
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011 via mobile

I dont have any idea why this motel-like old building obselete furnitured hotel has 4 stars. Dont think of going there if you have other options available.

• Stayed December 2011
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I was ready to give this hotel 5 stars but am only giving it 2 because of some serious shenanigans the hotel played. We are Starwood Gold and got a nice room overlooking the ocean. It was updated and comfortable, though the air conditioning system was too loud. All was fine until we looked at our bill on the final morning and found that we had been charged twice for the Internet each day we stayed there because we had used 2 devices to log in. I have never encountered this anywhere I've stayed and nowhere were we informed that we would be charged for each device. While I think charging Gold members is an insult, charging us twice is an even bigger insult. The front desk manager took off one charge for one day but refused to remove the extra charge for the second day. We are Hilton diamond and get free internet and breakfast with out status, I guess we'll stick to Hilton in the future. It's little things like this that ruin a nice stay. We certainly won't be coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: stick to the internet in the coffee shop and avoid getting it in your room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
sinceresfbh, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear GoGoGo2: Thank you for sharing your review and taking the time to provide valuable feedback about your recent experience at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. While we understand your frustration with the Internet charges, as a Gold Member with Starwood Preferred Guest, your benefits include an upgrade to an enhanced guestroom, SPG Bonus Points, and a 4pm late check-out. Furthermore, thank you for also acknowledging what you enjoyed most about the hotel and we do hope that in the future you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights doing a Florida tour. The hotel backs onto the beach so appart from that not a place to spend your family holiday. We had a sea view from a nice room on one of the upper floors. Seems the type of hotel that people only use for a short stay the lobby is always busy and reminded us of an airport/railway terminal when we sat at one of the tables with our Starbucks coffee. Did not use the Starbucks counter for anything at breakfast always seemed a long queue when we passed fortunately there is other places close by. We would probably stay here again if we return to this area but only for 1 or 2 nights.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear BradShawBolton: Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale Beach! Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay at the oceanfront Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our beautiful location and hope that your travels will bring you back to our property again very soon!

Been to B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!