“Beautiful location at the beach, best hotel for family with kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1140 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #58 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Oslo, Norway
“Beautiful location at the beach, best hotel for family with kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

This hotel has a beautiful location right on the beach. I have stayed at many hotels by downtown Fort Lauderdale on the beach, but noone as perfect as this one. You can also choose if you want oceanview or admirering the beautiful canals of Fort Lauderdale. This time we had canalview, and waking up every morning overlooking the canal is an experience in it self. Whyw e always come back to this hotel? It is a great hotel for families with kids. We get drawn to it as many other families from all over the world as experienced. The hotel is is rather old, but after the "makeover" it looks great. And we loved that you can just put your badingsuits on, and in 2 minutesyou are right by the pool next to a beautiful private beach, where the staff at the beachbar and restaurant are totally in to give you great service as the staff on the beach.We stayed for 4 days before leaving for Orlando..and came back and stayed another week befor leaving for Europe. we had the gratest time and thumbs up for the greatest staff!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

Ok, we arrived and found out we had to pay 20.00 bucks a day for parking, went to dinner and hurried back to be told the pool closes at sunset, no mini fridge in the room, no luggage carts, in fact as my wife went to get an empty cart an employee rushed over and grabbed it. I was carrying 3 suitcases and no body asked if they could help. I think the service is terrible! I travel for a living and every Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn I've stayed at was way better. You don't have to look far to get a better hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2011
sinceresfbh, Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Dear Gbluzy335: We just read your review on TripAdvisor and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests. Your feedback is truly valuable to us and thank you for taking the time to post your review. Rest assured your comments will be reviewed with our management team to ensure these issues do not happen again.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel is a landmark in Ft. Lauderdale. It has three buildings and all of them are great. If you stay in the one that you have to cross the bridge the view is nice since you have the beach at the front and on the side a million dollar marine with luxury yatchs. We personally stayed in the beach building and it was AMAZING!! The staff was really helpful, service was great, they provide towels for the pool and the beach and a complementary chairs. The waitress at the pool bar were very nice!!! Overall it was a great experience and my kids want to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I spent a lot of time researching this hotel. I really wanted to stay in the beach front building with an ocean view. I triple checked everything online when placing my reservations to make sure I chose the correct one. Well when we got there (after check-in time) our room was not ready. Since we had our small dog with us, all we could do is sit in our car and wait for them to call us. After an hour my husband went to see what was taking so long. Well the room was ready and he said we were upgraded to an ocean front room. We gathered up all of our stuff and set out to find our room. The hallways and different floors can be a bit confusing when coming from the parking garage. When we found our room I was extremely disappointed. It was not in the ocean front building, but the main building... Ocean front? Yes, but about a mile away! The decor was nice, but no fridge in the room was a disappointment. The pool was amazing, not too many people. Overall, I wouldn't stay again. I wish I had gotten the room I reserved. Sometimes I think hotels say your getting an upgrade, so you think you are, when your really not. I wanted to stay on the beach, that was the reason I choose this hotel, but I felt very far away.

Room Tip: Double check what building your room is in, there are several buildings and categories at this hotel...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband and I have stayed here twice now. The first, last September with friends for the Dolphins/Jets football game. The second, last month. Both times were great!

We came here last minute after a disasterous experience at a hotel in Sunny Isles Beach, FL. We needed a last minute hotel and decided to go somewhere familiar. The Sheraton found us a great room and accommodated my request to view the pool and beach.

The room was great. I am a clean freak and I did not find anything wrong. The view was spectacular! I will request this room every time I return.

We called many times for assistance with valet, luggage, room service, etc. Each time on the phone we were properly greeted by a professional and genuine staff member. I wish I had remembered names, but everyone we spoke to provided great service.

Our trip did add up after food at the pool bar and valet parking, but it was worth it. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for room 272! Great View!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
sinceresfbh, Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Dear 914NewYork: Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel with the rest of our Trip Advisor Community. Although a last minute decision, we are thrilled that you chose our hotel to spend your vacation. It is always great to hear positive feedback about our associates, as they work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon!
Harrison, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Let me just tell you by saying i have never been to Florida, the beach is beautiful but thats about it. This hotel not only charges an arm & leg but also has theft in there staff. My 18G ipod touch was stolen in my room that was in a drawer, we requested a beach view and was subjected to starring frontal at a building across from us, and at an angle u were lucky if u got to see 25% of the beach and this is at a 25% angle. No safe box in the room. A small disclaimer that they have safe boxes but u have to request it and its not its enforced. My fiance had a pack of her cigarettes stolen from the closet, they were on a self. Terrible Terrible Terrible never again, did i get compensated for my stolen ipod, or did i ever see it again. <3 your favorite guest

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
sinceresfbh, Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Igbones87: Thank you for taking the time to share your review from your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We apologize for the challenges and difficulties you encountered, as this is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests. We do take all comments seriously and rest assured we have shared your review with our team. Please trust that Security will be looking into this matter further, to ensure this does not happen again. Please accept our sincere apology for your disappointment.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband & I own a travel agency & stayed for a few days before a cruise. Nice rooms, we stayed in a balcony guestroom ; clean & great service. A bit far from the center of town but calmer & quieter. Also, the only hotel with a private beach which was a great bonus.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!