“Great, Simple Hotel with Prime Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   801 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Hot Rates from $89
Ranked #55 of 134 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Tiffin, Ohio
“Great, Simple Hotel with Prime Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We loved this property! Small in size so easy to catch an elevator and get a restaurant table. We were on tall main building, the small area to the side doesn't seem as nice. Balcony allowed us to stand outside, but not sit. We had a fabulous ocean-front room. Pool and ocean both very short walks. Pool bar food fantastic and reasonably priced. Wonderful location for walking to many restaurants and bars. Would definitely stay again! Huge bathroom closet too!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

2,019 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Fort lauderdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The staff here is very rude . The front desk people are very short with you, they don't even say Goodmorning . The location is good overall , not much activities .. Just restaurants . The hotel rooms could definitely use an update . One thing is that this hotel isn't very sound proof, you hear everything that goes on . Just hope you don't have a couple next to you ! Another thing is their wifi here , it's horrible ! Also , FYI the rooms don't have dressers , The pool bar is never open , so rarely get our $5 margaritas .. Overall this place is okay , just a lot of flaws .

• Stayed July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family travel a lot so every member has accumulated United mileage. This time we booked the hotel by using my 12 years old daughter's mileage account. We did the booking online. Everybody's information was enter into the reservation and the booking was confirmed. When we arrived the hotel, the not so friendly concierge staff asked for the credit card of the person who booked the room. I explained to her that it was booked thru my daughter's account and she is a minor. That's when I got a lot of attitude. I was told that a minor is not allow to make the reservation. I explained that I booked online. I had enter her information as a 12years old child and there was nowhere online tells me that I can't proceed and the reservation was made successfully. I then was asked to proof my daughter's identity. I show her the birth certificate and she said it was not enough because it has no picture on it. That was when I got really frustrated. At this time another staff approached and asked what happened. Then she said that the birth certificate is good because it has my name on it as the mother. At this time, the staff that gave me hard time unwillingly took my stuff and said "I am making copies and need to verify with the manager." One of our rooms were not ready at the time. Later on of the day, when I pick up the key of my room, she ask me for my ID again to make copy. Act like I was a criminal about to commit a crime. We've been gravelly a lot and stayed in all kind of different hotels, range from motel to 5 stars. Never experience this kind of attitude. Bad reputation of Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
mfrt123, Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the unpleasant experience you had at check-in and can assure you that we strive to be helpful and and friendly when addressing any concerns. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us again if you return to the area.

Kind regards,

medellin, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

the room had a terrible smell, some days we had not all towels, the garbage was not ollways emptyed, the floor was dirty, the toilete was loose and old. the hotel has a perfect location and the attention is very good, only thing we didnt like was the smell of the room and for the location the room seemed deteriorated

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Modesto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Recently on a business trip to Fort Lauderdale I decided to give this property another try and now I am sorry I did. Their rooms need serious updating as what they have now is old and out dated. Their restaurant is not worth the time and the front desk staff seems to be overwhelmed at times.
I am very surprised that they still have the Hilton flag flying.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
mfrt123, Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We appreciate your loyalty to us and regret that your experience fell short of your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the service missteps and room conditions. We're using your feedback to help us improve and hope you'll consider giving us another opportunity to serve you on your next business trip.

Kind regards,

Ocean City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've been coming to this resort for many years. Both hotel and marina were a nice place to visit. Not so any more! Both Doubletree and LXR really know how to take away the niceties that keep some coming back. The entire atmosphere has changed. There is very little customer service, there is no upscale restaurant anymore. I will say the small lobby one had good food but limited. The service was also good. Not sure I will go back after using the restroom however. A good indication of a resorts cleanliness is usually found when visiting the restrooms.
I could go on but will not. I am not a fan of this place anymore. It WAS great at one time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed some of these issues you described with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve the cleanliness of our hotel. Thank you once again for your comments.

Kind Regards,

Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff friendly, generally clean, rooms very small. Lots of hidden costs which ramped up the price. We booked 2 rooms, 3 people in each room, and requested rooms together, we didn't achieve this and were cramped and pleased to leave. The facilities were good, location great.

Room Tip: They are all the same, SMALL
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Address: 801 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale > Central Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#7 Top resorts Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#19 On the Beach Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#41 Romantic Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:3 star — Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel 3*
Enjoy stunning surroundings and 44 breathtaking acres along the Intracoastal Waterway at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel- a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. Located near the International Swimming Hall of Fame, the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel is a water taxi ride away from the shops, restaurants and nightlife of Las Olas Boulevard. Stay active with water sports, indulge the option to sail away on a cruise or simply relax on the white sandy beach. Bahia Mar is only a short drive from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Terminal. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bahia Mar Beach Hotel
Bahia Mar Beach Resort
Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Bahia Mar Beach

If you own or manage Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.