Save Saved
You added Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   801 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Fall Rates from $109
Ranked #56 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We first stayed in the fort lauderdale hilton marina hotel nearby before moving on to here, location wise this is more central however I much preferred the hilton marina, so if you a stuck between the two go for that one (and see my review). This one was just..average, we had a good view from the room and they do a decent breakfast but the pool area is really horrible, your much better off spending time on the beach (hilton marina had a great pool area, lovely surroundings & lovely bar area). Basically I came here to chill out and read some books/do some work on my laptop, however this hotel had nowhere to sit, the pool was on the rooftop and it just reminded me of some budget hotel in magaluf, just soul less. Also this hotel was considerably more expensive than the hilton marina, but I guess thats just because of the location..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

2,092 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I came to this hotel with my cousin for a girls weekend. The location is pretty good. Right across from the beach with their own walkway. We had the partial ocean view. We were told we had a balcony, but it's like a foot by 4 feet. Tiny. I wouldn't call it a balcony. Below the balcony was a part of the roof which was disgusting with soot and trash. We tried to move, but the front desk said they were fully booked. A half an hour after we checked in a worker there walked in without knocking. He apologized and said he was checking the rooms to make sure they were clean. We had told the front desk, but they did nothing. The elevators are very slow. We did not try out the bar or the restaurant. I guess it's nice because it's right there, but it didn't think it looked all that great. This is a very old hotel and it needs many updates. I would rather have paid more money for a nicer place. Also, the carpet was damp. The bathroom was tiny. You can hear all your neighbors flushing their toilets. The toilet has a button you press at the top. This hotel was terrible almost all around. Parking was $21 a day. Ridiculous! The pool was rooftop. Nice, but small. We ate breakfast at the little shop across the street even though it's a little overpriced. There's a 7-11 within walking distance and lots of restaurants/bars. Coconuts was really good. I would definitely recommend Oaki Restaurant. It's about a 10-15 min drive, but well worth it. It's an Asian fusion restaurant. Small, but everything was excellent and a great price. So the Bahia might be in a good location, but I don't think it was worth the money. The pictures online was not like I saw. The pics looked much better than in actuality. Pay the extra money and go to the Marriott or somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
bahiamar, Front Office Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our property appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us so we can ensure our guests' comfort.

Ximena Coca
Director of Front Office
fort lauderdale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Enjoy the location and the clean rooms. Was disappointed that when I slightly changed original reservation, they had to "start over" and I lost some of my original benefits as they were no longer available (i.e. free breakfast).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

My headline says it all. The price you pay for this hotel is all about the location and that's basically it. The rooms are okay, not what I expected for a hotel that thrives off of the name Hilton. If anything the place could use a definite upgrade. I was more impressed staying at the Hampton Inn a few nights before while in St. Augustine. The bathroom has nice countertops, but the walls could use more than fresh paint. The rooms look like they never been dusted and the broken outlets are terrifying to use. I was afraid I was going to electrocute myself half the time. As for the amenities...not the best. Every hotel I've ever stayed in has options to rent movies on rainy days. Movies you can literally purchase from your remote control. Nope! We were told they haven't quite upgraded to that. Breakfast on the first day was a sham! $50.00 for two people for the full breakfast bar was absolutely outrageous! Oh but you get a hot breakfast! That was considered a free breakfast at Hampton! I felt completely bamboozled! Luckily I found a grocery store and bought 8 days worth of breakfast for a lot less than the price of the "fabulous" Seabreeze! On top of that $12 for a beach chair rental? We didn't know that for two whole hours when the gastapo finally appeared and told us. Tell him not to quit his day job. Half the time we were on the beach, he was on his phone. Overall,I had a decent time. The beach is beautiful and the guests are too nice for words. Price wise, not worth it. $50 breakfast, $21 a day for parking, $12 beach chair rentals, etc. I almost wanted to leave my honeymoon early out of complete frustration. Yeah, it was my late honeymoon by the way. My husband's job (he's a Marine) hasn't given us much time to have a real honeymoon since we got married in January. But I stuck it out hoping for a happy ending. Instead I learned a lesson. Next time I'm staying at the Embassy Suites. They love military and free breakfasts! Adios Fort Lauderdale! Next time I'm going to Hawaii!

• Stayed November 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Can't wait to go back! Loved everything about the hotel .... the staff...the great bed,comforter and pillows and the food....top notch ! And the pool...perfect exposure to the sun. The room was also very quiet and the staff was extremely accomodating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Norcross, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great location, nice rooms, however my smoke detector went off at 1am, not a fire alarm, faulty device. Then did again a few times into the morning. Very frustrating. Also, no coffee in lobby and breakfast not until 7 is too late.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Germantown, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just returned from my latest business trip to the Fort Lauderdale area this week and was truly disappointed in staying at the Bahia Mar - Doubletree nearby the Ft. Lauderdale marina.
The Hotel is Very Old even though they've tired their hardest to make it look new.
The rooms were nice , but the elevators are a totally nightmare. My wife got stuck in one for 15 minutes with 2 other Hilton guests on Thursday. The staff didn't seem too concerned about the whole event at all. When I asked the front desk manager about what had happen that day, all she could say was " Wow I never heard that we had any elevator issues today". Highly recommend a room where you can walk to easily.
Note: I've also been a Hilton Diamond member for the past 8 years.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Address: 801 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale > Central Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#7 Top resorts Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#18 On the Beach Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#43 Romantic Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:3 star — Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel 3*
Enjoy stunning surroundings and 44 breathtaking acres along the Intracoastal Waterway at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel- a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. Located near the International Swimming Hall of Fame, the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel is a water taxi ride away from the shops, restaurants and nightlife of Las Olas Boulevard. Stay active with water sports, indulge the option to sail away on a cruise or simply relax on the white sandy beach. Bahia Mar is only a short drive from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Terminal. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bahia Mar Beach Hotel
Bahia Mar Beach Resort
Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Bahia Mar Beach

If you own or manage Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.