“Good location, rooms were so-so, customer service was lame” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   801 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Hot Rates from $89
Ranked #55 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Falls Church, Virginia
“Good location, rooms were so-so, customer service was lame”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The pros about this hotel: it is across the street from the beach and a five to ten minute walk to a lot of bars and restaurants. The pool and pool bar are nice (plus the bar has a great happy hour special) and there is an awesome convenience store located at the corner of the hotel parking lot.

Any cons were due to my check in experience. I booked three rooms for three nights through hotels.com and for whatever reason, they gave me smoking rooms. I didn't notice that until about a week before, when I was looking over my reservation. I immediately called the hotel and asked to be moved to non-smoking rooms. Even though I had asked for all three rooms to be together, I told them that the most important thing was that we were in NON-smoking rooms, even if we had to be split up.

Come Thursday evening, we arrive at the hotel to find that we are still in smoking rooms. The woman at the front desk had no idea who I'd spoken with previously and kept telling me that there was nothing they could do. After much debate and teeth-pulling, we were able to get three non-smoking rooms together, but they were marina room views (we had booked for partial ocean view, which was more expensive). As I'd already prepaid for my rooms on hotels.com, they couldn't refund us any money, even though we were downgraded. She gave us one day's worth of breakfast vouchers (we were staying for three nights , not one) to make up for it. I wasn't really in the mood to fight much more at that point so we accepted it, but I think they should have done more for us considering we spent almost $2k there and they messed up my reservation. Also, who did I talk to when I called initially to ensure the rooms were non-smoking? A make believe person? You shouldn't have to make a scene to get a hotel to do what is fair.

Anyway, the marina view rooms were fine, a little beat up but that is to be expected at a beach hotel. I started the trip with a bad taste in my mouth, though, which makes me give a three-star place two stars.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
bahiamar, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am truly sorry for the experience you had and unfortunately our systems do not always align with third party systems. In order to better assist you, we would like to speak with you and gather more information. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,

Marcos Borras
954-627-6303

1,989 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wonderful hotel, very friendly staff, quick check in, rich chocolate chip cookies, my room very clean, the maid very friendly, bahia mar hotel doubletree by hilton one area conveniently located close to everything centric restaurant, bar, disco, pharmacy, live Latin music, everything a person is looking for a perfect rest, amazing pool the area of ​​having a conection to the beach, tiki bar very good I recommend this hotel 100% bahia mar

coral springs, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Good, Check that the ac works before you goto bed. Excellent pool area, lots of parking, except they will charge you $21 per day to park there....If you like fishing charters there are plenty ready for you just steps from your door. Walk the strip at night and the beach......shops are open very late if your a night owl....clothing (beach wear) prices are about double what they should be.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

boston,ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 5 nights in April ,I was in the low rise marina bldg. The room was good size and very clean with a king size bed and a small balcony overlooking the balcony there was a flat screen tv, a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and a safe. I liked this bldg. as it did not seem as formal as main bldg. The pool was good size with lots of lounge chairs, a snack bar and a good size exercise room with a lot of equipment. There is a walkway over A1A to a really nice section of the beach. Beach chairs were available for $10 a day. The store at the hotel was convenient they sell beer, wine, soft drinks, ice cream, and lunch and breakfast items. The hotel was conveniently located close to fishing trips, the jungle queen, the Bahia cabana (great breakfasts and happy hour) and a short walk to beachfront restaurants, bars, and stores. I would recommend this hotel it may not be a 5 star hotel but it is an excellent choice for a beach vacation.

Room Tip: marina bldg. 2nd floor every other room has a balcony, odd #'s face marina even #'s face par...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Location was good, right across from beach and walking distance to the strip of restaurants, pool area is nice but bar at pool was overpriced charging $11 for a tiny margherita, I thought the hotel seemed a bit outdated, old rugs and tiny, old looking balcony in the room. If you are vacationing with family just beware of the rough crowd that hangs out at the beach on Sundays, I couldn't believe how bad it was. It was me, my husband and 2 yr old daughter and we were taking a walk around dinner time on a Sunday night when all of a sudden a bunch of gunshots went off, people went running and the cops came right away and stopped a car right in front of me having everyone get out with their hands up, imagine being right there with your small child, I was shaking and ran onto the beach until it cleared up. The traffic was ridiculous with people leaving the beach at that time and I did not feel comfortable with the type of trash that was in the area, don't think it was worth going there.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were extremely satisfied with our stay in this hotel. Excellent location !!!! Only complaint was the chocolate chip cookies.......they had cinnamon in them!! Who does that? Would have been A+ if I wasn't highly allergic. Can't blame the hotel though. Not many people have this allergy!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice hotel for both business and pleasure. Attended a conference there at the hotel. Nice rooms and all very clean. Really nice pool area with a walkover directly to the beach. Pool area had a nice bar with good staff. Many restaurants and bars within walking distance. I would recommend to business travelers and singles/couples. Located within a marina. HUGE, beautiful yachts!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Address: 801 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale > Central Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#7 Top resorts Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#18 On the Beach Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#42 Romantic Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:3 star — Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel 3*
Enjoy stunning surroundings and 44 breathtaking acres along the Intracoastal Waterway at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel- a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. Located near the International Swimming Hall of Fame, the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel is a water taxi ride away from the shops, restaurants and nightlife of Las Olas Boulevard. Stay active with water sports, indulge the option to sail away on a cruise or simply relax on the white sandy beach. Bahia Mar is only a short drive from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Terminal. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bahia Mar Beach Hotel
Bahia Mar Beach Resort
Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Bahia Mar Beach

If you own or manage Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.