I travel extensively for work and primarily stay in Hilton properties. Typically, the DoubleTree is modern and comfortable. Not on the high end of hotels, but suitable for when you are in the room minimally. I was very disappointed in the room quality of this property.
1) great location just a couple of blocks from the main beach/bar area
2) ample parking
3) postings in several places listing daily activities (paid of course)
1) 2 elevators for a large building and they are SLOW
2) the room was extremely minimalist (and not in a good way). think Miami Vice on a shoestring budget. -- plastic furniture, blackout shades with no drapes, no artwork, etc
3) Tiny beds (we upgraded from a King room to 2 beds for the ocean view) not even sure if it would qualify as a Double. Also, the mattresses were lumpy and not very comfortable.
4) Ocean View was limited due to a tiny window in the far corner behind the plastic table/chairs and the drapery pulled into the room instead of into the corner
5) bathroom was very outdated
stay on a lower floor so that you don't have to wait on the elevator.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
February 1, 2013
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us We are very sorry you were disappointed with our guestroom decor and that your room view wasn't all that you expected. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We will be sure to inspect our mattresses to ensure they're providing guests will quality comfort and our maintenance team is working with our vendors to inspect and repair the slow elevators and apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.