You added Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fairfax
“Pleasant Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I had a conference in Palm Beach, then headed to Fort Lauderdale to relax. I had never stayed in Fort Lauderdale and frankly, expected it to be very "spring break-esque".

We chose the Marriott Harbor Beach sight unseen and without any prior knowledge of the hotel. What an incredibly pleasant surprise!!

Our 14th floor room had a great view of the ocean, and it was very comfortable and relaxing.
The staff - from the front desk to the housekeeping to restaurant/bar - were all accomodating, nice and helpful.
This appears to be one of few hotels actually on the beach (versus across the street) and the Marriot provides the amenities - chairs, towels, and particularly convenience.

We would recommend this hotel and will return if our travels take us to Fort Lauderdale again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Just spent 3 days at this hotel for a business conference and some R&R with my wife. I've been at many Marriott, Hilton and Sheraton resorts around the world and this is right at the top. The staff at all points of service are exemplary. The hotel amenities are as good as they get, but I thought the $25 parking fee was steep. The food...even the banquet dinner...was outstanding, but beware the portions are rather large. The beach front is ideal (the only disappointment was there were no waves for body surfing). Not only was it very enjoyable, but a very good value.

Room Tip: Just ask. I had a seaside balcony. Beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hernando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

This hotel was absolutely beautiful, great location, clean, and wonderful amentities. The staff could not have been more outstanding, the valet was amazing, we traveled with an infant and never waited more than two minutes for our vehicle to be pulled up, our doors were always opened for us. The staff helped unload and load stroller everytime not to mentions all of our luggage upon arrival and departure. After leaving we also realized they cleaned the windshield of lovebugs which is in season this time of year in Florida. I also commend the pool staff for exceeding our expectations at our cabana, which we had for two days. The valet is the first impression of any resort and I could not commend them enough for how amazing and poliete they were.

Room Tip: Spend the money on a oceanfront room!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

My husband, my 15 year old daughter and her friend, and my 5 year old daughter traveled to FL from Texas during our Spring Break. My husband was attending a conference there. Online the rates were like $400+ per night but bc of the conference we got it at $259. The room policy specifically states no more than four people per room and because of that no rollaway beds could be requested. I've stayed at other Marriott's with similar small rooms and small full size beds but was able to get a rollaway bed with no problem. I think because their rates are ridiculous they are trying to avoid people craming into a room (which I get) but for our circumstance it just seemed silly. We didn't get much sleep bc of it bc my 5 year old is a crazy sleeper. The resort is beautiful. The pool was a nice size with ample lounge chairs but you have to have a towel card to get a towel (if there is any) which can be annoying. There isn't a kids pool unless you use the kids camp which costs a lot of money. Luckily my daughter can swim. The pool service was pretty good but EXPENSIVE! The beach is great! The sand is soft white sand and the water wasn't that ruff or cold. Plenty of lounge chairs with umbrellas and a little cart that goes around asking if you want anything. There is also a beach bar. They have a large tub of toys the kids can use for free which we saw after we bought some at the beach store.
Breakfast buffet was good but again expensive. $20+ per person even for our teens. For my 5 year old for cereal and a banana it was $8! We ate at the beachfront restaurant which was reasonable but still pretty expensive $14 for a hamburger.
Just off the premises you can catch the water taxi which is a must. It's kind of expensive during the day but at night after 7 it's half price and it takes you all along the canals and you get to see the huge mansions and million dollar yaughts. Very cool. We took it downtown and eat at the Cheesecake Factory. It was the Las Olas stop which had lots of restaurants and shops lining the street.
We decided to rent a car and drive to Hollywood Beach which is close and we walked along the boardwalk and ended up eating at this Argentinean place called Las Brisas. THE BEST SPAGHETTI I"VE EVER HAD!!!!! I think it was listed as the owners favorite. I still dream about it.
Next night we get brave and decide to head to South Beach Miami (it looked close on the map) well the way our GPS took us down route 1 it took us two hours. We wanted to get there in daylight but it didn't happen. It was DEF spring break because people were wild and I felt like a terrible parent bringing my kids there. It took us forever to find a place to eat and we finally decided on Cafe Cardozo. Our bill for two adults, teens sharing, and a 5 year old who also shared was $250!!!!! And the food was mediocre. It was a poorly planned last minute trip obviously and we def learned our lesson.
In all it was a fun trip and we enjoyed ourselves but we spent so much money on food and drinks it was nuts!!! Plus I would NEVER pay $400 for a room unless it was all inclusive and 5 stars.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Returned here because the last time we stayed here a few years back we were very pleased.
This time not so much. We are Marriott Platinum and they have changed policy about giving you a refrig in your room upon request, now its a $25.00 fee. They use to give you passes to the spa, not now another $25.00 fee. Breakfast is quite expensive, doesn't matter what restuarant you eat at all the same price, 20+ per entree or 23 for buffet. Seems a bit high for bacon & eggs. Also dined at their permier restuarant 3030 and all I can say is disappointed, save your money and dine elsewhere. Pool bar was good.. drink prices on target with what you except at a pool bar. Hotel rooms are nice but starting to look a bit dated from wear and tear. Beds are very comfy, but nothing really within walking distance for dining, must take a cab, trolley or bus.
Will we return, maybe...but won't be a 1st choice anymore would rather stay near Maimi Beach at the Eden Roc....a much nicer property.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Andernos-les-Bains, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

For this sort of price, you really expect much better. We had a balcony sea view. It came at hefty price and we really expected quite a treat but it was most ordinary. Two Margaritas from the beach bar cost $30. Ridiculous. Even the wifi - which is complimentary in every hotel we went to in the States - cost an arm and a leg in this place. We would definitely not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

I stayed here for two nights to attend a scientific conference (ARVO 2011). Lids of the coffee cup provided in the room were full of soap that I showed to the front desk. I drink the coffee with lots of soap and went to toilet several times at night and my presentation was next day. I asked to the front desk to replace that, unfortunately they changed that after several requests. Due to this incident I always scared about the food etc of this hotel and never eat there, completely avoided that. These qualities of services are not expected from a reputed hotel like Marriot.

Room Tip: Careful about food
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!