“Excellent Stay at the Harbor Beach, always the best from the Marriott” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

Special Offer
$50 Nightly Credit
Ranked #19 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Whidbey Island, Washington
“Excellent Stay at the Harbor Beach, always the best from the Marriott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

We stayed here for two nights for a Yearly Promotion Pary sort of thing for my husband's work. The year before it was at the Marriott Doral Golf Resort and Spa, I liked this resort better because it was right on the beach. The grounds were beautiful and the hotel was amazing. The King suite we stayed in was impeccably clean, roomy and very comfortable. The beds are always comfortable, there was a balcony and we got an awesome view of the property and the beach. The pool was nice and big. There were free cookies and lemon water by the pool. The staff was friendly. We hung out at the bar and prices were high but that isn't unusual for a resort property. The dinner we had at the party was very good. What more could I ask for from a hotel? This probably wouldn't be the place to go if you were on a tight budget but you get what you pay for, this place is outstanding, worth every penny. Love, love, love the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Covington, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I wanted to bring my wife to the Harbor Beach Marriott for many years. Earlier in my career, I stayed here often and I felt it would be a great place to celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary. At least a week prior to my arrival date I arranged with Room Service for Champagne and Chocolate Covered Strawberries to be in the room when we arrived. I have done this in the past at other Marriott properties for anniveraries, including the Marriott Marquis in NYC, and it has become a very fond memory for us.

For whatever reason when we arrived on Thursday, it did not happen as planned. After at least an hour in the room, I called down to Room Service and checked on it. The gentleman that answered said that my name had been misspelled and they had missed our arrival. He apologized and arranged to have the delivery made that evening late after 9:00 PM. We were leaving the room and it did not make sense anymore for it to be delivered sooner.

I want to say that other than this initial mixup on the first evening, the Hotel staff was exactly what I would have expected. I want to specifically point out the Concierge, Cyd Propis, who made dinner arrangements for us each nite. Her choices were perfect.
She also arranged for a small amenity to be delivered to our room that night.

Matt, the young man that checked us in, did an excellent job and and provided us with great information. He seemed very happy for us and explained all the special things the property had to offer.

Richard Amparo followed up with me to insure all of our needs were met. He seemed to truly understand what I was trying to accomplish with this stay. He was stellar.

The restaurant, 30/30 is wonderful. We are from near New Orleans, so we are spoiled when it comes to seafood. You can not go wrong eating at 30/30. Try the Mussells.

I am not really clear why the breakdown occurred upon our arrival, but it did. I plan on visiting the property again in the near future. I will likely bring friends to enjoy all the facility and Fort Lauderdale has to offer.

Kindest regards.

Ed Kirby

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

Great resort. Clean rooms
The restaurant is a +
Will visit again
Also, the only thing I wish they had is a wifi for the entire hotel without extra charge

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

I truly enjoyed my stay at the resort and it all began with my greeting and interaction with Melissa at the bellstand. She was incredibly friendly, courteous and couldn't have been more helpful. It was a great way to start off my trip and it continued to get better from there! I highly recommend your resort to friends and family and will be back again - and it all started with Melissa. All of the customer service staff could learn from her! Thank you for a great experience.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

This is our 2nd time here and there have been many improvements to the facility. Last time was 6/2007. We went for 7 nights on points and booked an intercoastal view, but we were upgraded to an oceanfront from the very nice gentleman who checked us in. Never hurts to ask.

Info:
-Very family friendly resort.
-Lemon & Lime ice water available for free all day at pool area.
-New restraurant and bar near pool area (used to be like a cafeteria style). They did a great job in our opinion. Many other noticeable improvements on the property.
-Las Olas is only about a 1 mile walk from the hotel. Some construction going on at the public beach, so you have to walk around it, but it was no big deal.
-Parking is $25/day at the hotel. No way around it.
-Food at the hotel is, not surprisingly, very expensive. Sandwich/buger is ~$13-18 and dinners are ~$30-?? w/o beverages. The food was very good and fresh.
-The is a Primanti Bros (famous Pittsburg restraurant featured on Man vs. Food) about 1.6 miles N or hotel in Las Olas. Right across the street is a nice bar/eatery that has good conch chowder. Nice Irish pub real close also.
-Lulu's bait shack is in that stretch also and they have good live bands in the evenings.
-Hot tubs were excellent most of the time.
-Pool is great but a little too warm (even at this time of year).
-Beach is excellent and plenty of chairs at no additional cost.
-Room is very nice and clean. No microwave or fridge.
-Internet in rooms is 12.95/day. It was pretty fast.
-Smoking is allowed in designated areas, at the outside bar, and in the pool area (which was a shocker to me).
-Staff is excellent.
-Our only real negative is that the hotel offers locals a membership so they may use the facilities year round. So, there were a lot there during our stay in March, but there were a ton more during our last stay in June as school was out (that time it kind of overcrowded the pool area). Good deal if you live in the area. Not so much for out of town guests.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
indianapolis, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

I recently spent 5 nights at this hotel with my wife and three kids ( 7-12). We couldn't have picked a better place to stay. It is located right on the beach- no roads to cross and the beach is private for hotel guests. The pool is huge. We spent our days at the pool and the beach. The service may be even better than the hotel. The bell captain- Melissa could not have been more helpful. It was great week for the family.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

We stayed here over the Spring Break weekend (4/2/11 to 4/4/11). As often as we stay at Marriott properties since we are Platinum members, this is one of our favorite properties. It was a very busy weekend and the front desk staff got us into the room as soon as they could. We were disappointed that we couldn't get an Ocean View room even with our Plantinum status but we understood that they did the best they could (they did provide some additional incentives as a consolation).

We ate dinner the first night at Sea Level restaurant. We made reservations and were seated immediately upon arrival. The food was OK - the housemade chips were burnt (thankfully they were compliementary). The service staff could have been more attentive as they seemed more interested in chatting than doing their jobs. I had to get my child's drink refill myself after waving for service several times. We could understand if they were busy, but this was before 6pm and there were a lot of empty tables around us.

We ate breakfast (full buffet) at Riva the next morning. The food was well-prepared and they had a great selection; the restaurant was very clean and the staff and manager went out of their way to make us comfortable. Taylor, the manager, made us feel at home.

The front desk staff was exceptional throughout our stay. Richard (and another agent) checked us in and were there upon checkout to make sure we had everything we needed. We were surprised, though, that as Platinum Elite members we did not get the same call-ahead service and upgrades that other Elite comments mentioned; perhaps because the hotel was fully booked that weekend. Our overall experience was very positive as the room, pool and the beach were very clean and nice.

On our way out, we did experience a "hiccup" with the parking garage elevator. It seemed to skip floors and return to the original position even though the destination button was pushed. It never got stuck though so we were fortunate; it's the one on the right if you are entering the elevators from the lobby.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best!