“Our room was great, and in a perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

You added Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina to your Saves list
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1881 SE 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel & Yacht Club)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book from $189 Now!
Ranked #72 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Naples, Florida, United States
“Our room was great, and in a perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed here because we needed a close to the airport hotel for an early morning flight the next day. but it is such a great location, it was easy to make it to beachside fort lauderdale in just a couple of minutes. When the hotel van offered to take us downtown, it was just another example of great service. Thanks guys

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
Tallahassee, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Worst Hotel I have stayed in years. The rates are high and the service is poor. Rooms dusty and bathroom was dirty and smelled bad. Check in took close to 25 minute wait at 9pm. Reception people answered phones while people waited in line to be checked in. Over a 3 day stay, reception never answered the phone. It just rang and rang. Overall look of the lobby and hotel is run down. It looks like it's in need of a freshening up.

Manchester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Check in was quick. service instanty, meals delicious, whatever you wanted or needed it was at your becon call. No lack of anything at the Marina and I was satisfied with my stay. The day I left my bill was under the door early, check out was very fast and my cab was waiting. Thanks for a memorable stay.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I started at this property as part of a business conference taking place at the hotel. Before heading to Florida I did as I always do, checked out the hotel on trip advisor. After reading the reviews I wondered what I had gotten myself into. From a goodly number of the reviews it sounded worse than a motel 6.

When i arrived I was greeted by the bellman. I parked in the self park lot. As I walked into the lobby I wondered if I had gone to the wrong hotel. Nope I was at the right spot. Beautiful lobby. Smiling faces on the staff. A wonderful getting by the front desk staff. The young woman who checked me in apologized, the tour of room I had reserved was not available. She offered me a non water view in the tower vs a water view. I was in room 726. When I arrived at the room I was flabbergasted, it was TERRIFIC. Great view. Nice furnishings. I wondered if I was in the right place. Yep, I was.

The service was impeccable. All of the staff spoke and had smiles.

I had colleagues in the other part of the hotel and they had no problems either.

I don't know what the expectations of the naysayers about this hotel were, it's a Hilton resort property, not the Ritz or JW Marriott. I travel 40 weeks a year and stay in many different business hotels. This property was on par with Residence Inns, Courtyards, Marriott, etc. If you are complaining about the hotel and you went through Priceline and got a cheap rate, shame on you for expecting to be treated like royalty. Hotels don't generally make money on you, yet you expect the world.

If the GM reads this I give you and your staff 5 stars for putting up with the complainers who barely, if at all, cover the cost of their room. Next time I am in Ft. Lauderdale I will definitely try to stay there and support your business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMHiltonMarina, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear “DrFood,”
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a thorough and detailed review. We’re pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful view from your guest room. We especially appreciate your acknowledging our team for their smiles and service. We do track our reviews, follow-up, share them with the team, and take guest feedback very seriously.
Next time your travels bring you to Fort Lauderdale, please contact my office for assistance.
Kevin Speidel, Area Managing Director, kevin.speidel@hilton.com
Weeki Wachee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Bathroom floor black and sticky. Room smelled and ac would not cool room. Charge for services never used. Valet parking way over priced. One ice machine per floor located on the other side of hotel and then did not work. Guest services guy very rude when called on ice machine and took over an hour to get ice to room. Not the best hotel ever. Have stayed at Holiday Inn Express for a lot less money, lot bigger room and much better service.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonADOFO, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and so is offering a great guest experience. I'm so sorry to hear that we fell short of offering you this during you recent stay. Quality amenities and services should be expected and we're working with our maintenance team to address the broken ice machine. We're also addressing the cleanliness issues and delay in service. Please know this is not typical and we hope you'll give us a second chance to show you our true hospitality.

Warmest regards,

Ruben Almiron
ruben.almiron@hilton.com
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina is a great pre-cruise hotel. You can tell the staff is prepped to having pre-cruise guests stay here. The hotel is within walking distance to a Walgreens where we picked up bottled water to take on the cruise ship. The pool side bar is a great place to hang out, however the service is slow and the prices are steep. The reviews we read on Trip Advisor were spot-on about the service there. My biggest advice for any weekend pre-cruise guests is to check out and move out before the posted 11am check out time! The elevator traffic that we experienced at 11am was horrible. It took my family and other guests a minimum of 15-20 minutes just to get down the elevator from their floor. Then the wait in the taxi line outside the lobby was a zoo. Despite this expected chaos (10,000+ cruise people embarking the same day we did), I would recommend this hotel for folks staying a night or 2 prior to their cruise..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is a somewhat refurbished hotel with the sixties bones still obvious.
It is convenient to Port Everglades and FLL, not much else.
The rooms are small but adequate.
The biggest problem is the staff, lots of them barely speak or understand English and are very poorly trained. The service is slow and sloppy.

The food was good but overpriced for such a
place.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I assure you that your experience is not a true reflection of the quality of service that we strive to provide to all of our guests. We look forward to having an opportunity to regain your trust in us in the future. I have enclosed my email address and would certainly welcome any further feedback.

Warmest regards,

Ruben Almiron
ruben.almiron@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina? Share your experiences!