“Great Location and Services” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Save Saved
You added Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina to your Saves list
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1881 SE 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel & Yacht Club)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Enjoy Rates From $89
Ranked #71 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New York City, New York
“Great Location and Services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is beautifully deccorated and in the middle of it all just blocks from the beach and minutes to las Olas, the rooms are very large with most comfortable beds and an amazing balcony with unobstructed views.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

2,238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed at this property several times and each time I have experienced a nice stay. For the sake of full disclosure, I've not reviewed those good stays.

Unfortunately, this is the first time they have put me in the "villa" section of the property as I have regularly stayed in the "tower". Needless to say, the consistency of the rooms differs dramatically. The room has stains on the carpet and that is meant to be plural as there are many. The bathroom is dirty and the shower has mildew in the caulk. There is no Kleenex to be found in the room and I returned this evening to find half of the towels replenished. The shower is a joke and, difficult to describe, it simply must be "handheld" as it sprays erratically when in its cradle.

Needless to say, I am horribly disappointed in what I thought was a Hilton property...not even sure this room measures up to a Doubletree stay.

On a positive note, the front desk staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: A "tower" room is a must!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMHiltonMarina, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We want you to know that we truly appreciate your business and we thank you for your loyalty to our brand and hotel. I apologize for the lack of cleanliness and amenities in your guest room. The carpets throughout our hotel are only four-years old and light colored and have not held up well to heavy use despite frequent vacuuming and shampooing; thus we plan to replace all guest room and guest corridor carpeting. I appreciate your acknowledging the friendliness of our team and your honest feedback. I hope you will give us another opportunity.
Gerard McNearney, Manager
Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stay at Hiltons frequently, mainly because the chain assures me a basic level of comfort and predictability. Not this time!

Arrived at 11:30pm, exhausted from a long flight, only to find that the bedside lamp didn't work. Played with the bulb and tried some other adjustments, to no avail. Fine: I'm headed to bed anyway... I'll just move another lamp to the bedside.

Then I enter the bathroom, only to see a flurry of tiny ants scatter across the floor. Eek! But it's late and all I want to do is fall asleep, so I try to just ignore it and go to bed.

The next morning, after sleeping well (comfy beds were one perk) and a nice run along the beach (just 1.4 miles from the hotel) I get into the shower. It's one of those hand-held spouts that also fits into a bracket on the wall for hands-free use. Except THIS bracket doesn't work, so the spout comes crashing down off the wall, and water sprays all over the bathroom! Not good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. I have reached out to you for information to help us follow up on the specific issues in your guest room. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Gerard McNearney, Manager
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Located on the beach and with a large pool-terrace and fantastic sea view (must be specified and paid for of course) - this was just perfect. We also enjoyed the coffee-bar (Starbucks) where we took our breakfast every morning, even though we had a large and good kitchen in the room. The only negative here, is the expensive parking, but I guess you can not get a place with free parking here anywhere ...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed here at least 7 times in the past four years and after this group of 3 stays over the past week (doing traveling around Florida) I won't book here again. The location is great and the boats surrounding the property are really amazing. However, this place isn't up to par. I complained about the first room being dirty and they moved me. I had booked a tower room but was told that they were all taken? What is the point of booking a category of room. I checked online on their own website and it showed rooms available in the tower. Someone was waiting for a tip. On my second stay two days later, I phoned ahead and requested a tower Junior Suite which they booked me for less than the basic room so I asked about the difference and there was no explanation. On my current trip back a day later after a trip to Tampa, I was told, sorry no King size water view rooms left even though I had booked it, only a room with a double bed. I pressed and she finally found something with a king. This room is dirty, found food on the floor and bedside table, and I had to call for glasses in the room. The straw that broke the camels back, the TV wasn't working. You would think that a frequent traveler would be treated well but this place simply needs to be spanked so it smartens up. If the hotel manager is reading these comments it isn't obvious that he/she is doing anything to fix the situation. For the record I stay in hotels approximately 3 months of every year and usually in 4 - 5 star properties.

Room Tip: Demand a tower room facing the ICW.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty over the years. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every preference. We do apologize for the cleanliness issues that you experienced. We take pride in our housekeeping team and we have addressed these issues with them. We hope you will consider giving us another chance when you return to Fort Lauderdale.
Gerard McNearney, Manager.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed there overnight after an event that was held in the hotel, and we had read enough reviews to know that we needed to request a tower room with a water view if one of us (the picky one) was going to be happy.

Indeed, the view of the pool, the canals, and the Intracoastal from our ninth-floor window and balcony was spectacular. And the employees were pleasant and helpful. But the rest of the experience -- not so great. The bathroom was tiny and had older fixtures; the furniture was older and showed a lot of wear (including scorch marks from an iron on the desk); and we couldn't get past the feeling that things weren't so clean.

Room Tip: Waterway view in the tower.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Epsom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night before joining our cruise ship. Our room was a good size with a view of the river. A little bit tatty but OK to lay your head when you have jet lag. We visited the bar by the pool and enjoyed drinks and some nachos. These were all very overpriced but I suppose it is a Hilton Hotel. It was our cruise lines choice not ours! After heading out for dinner we headed for bed as we were all tired. Unfortunately, a room across the hall decided to have a party. They had the door open and the guests were spilling onto the corridor. It was noisy with music playing. At one point my husband stuck his head out of the door and asked them if they would please mind moving into the room and closing the door as we had just flown in from UK. This did not happen. We eventually gave up and rang reception and asked them to come and sort the problem. A security guard arrived and asked them to disperse. The guests thought it highly amusing to shout at our door buenos noches as they all left one at a time. The following morning we complained to reception. As they could not give us a refund on the stay as we had not directly paid for the room it was agreed they would give us a free breakfast. We accepted the gesture and enjoyed our breakfast. This is a very large hotel and therefore did not feel any warmth from the environment.

Room Tip: If you have to stay in this hotel a room with a river view is nice although you do get passers by wa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GMHiltonMarina, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear SandraG.
First, thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I am so sorry that guests near you continued to bother you with noise, even after our 24-hour security team talked to them and monitored the corridor to prevent further inconveniences. I do hope the next time you return to Fort Lauderdale you consider staying with us again.
Gerard McNearney, Manager.

Been to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina? Share your experiences!