“What a beautiful and accommodating hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lago Mar Resort and Club

You added Lago Mar Resort and Club to your Saves list
Lago Mar Resort and Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1700 South Ocean Lane, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Special
Ranked #10 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Sylvania, Ohio, United States
“What a beautiful and accommodating hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had a fantastic suite. The place was extremely clean and everyone was very friendly. Though it was too much space for one person it is in an out of the way location off the main road. There are two pools and the scenery is very tropical. Watching the cruise ships leave port is exciting. I really enjoyed my 2 day stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Lago Mar hotel at 05.00 hrs after a long flight from South America we we welcomed and whisked to our room, perfect location overlooking the Ocean with Balcony. This family run hotel for over 50 years by the Banks family has everything you require, for every age with two swimming pools, Tennis Court, Spa , two poolside restaurants and Deck Chair facilities on the Beach.
The Restaurant is excellent and the staff throughout the hotel fantastic. Definitely a hotel to stay for a few weeks during an English winter!
I feel the hotel should include Breakfast in the Room Rate and for Residents the Beach Deck Chairs cost should be incorporated in the room rate

Room Tip: Always ensure you have a room in the Main Building with an Ocean View on the 4th or 5th floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

As Owner of a Travel Agency, I was eager to visit the Lago Mar. First, our suite on the beach was lovely and comfortable. The view was outstanding and made the accomodation lovely. However, what brought me to the hotel was the pool and beach which was really a mess. First, we decided to try out the beach. They give you old, chairs to use for free. If you want a nice chair or umbrella - it will cost you! The man who runs the beach is very unfriendly. We decided then to sit by the pool. While the area was a nice pool area, the people who work the outdoor food and bar area have to be the worst I have ever encountered. They were rude and it was an ordeal to get anyone to wait on you. My husband and I finally were able to order lunch and it was very tasty, but my Sons had lunch in the Soda Shoppe and that was a disaster. The older lady there, was so unfriendly and the food served there was not as good as McDonalds. Would we try it again? Maybe ... if the price was right, but probably not anytime soon. Going to the Marriott Harbor Beach this weekend - hoping for a better time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was my third annual getaway for business and pleasure at the Lago mar Resort. As always, the staff members are courteous, helpful, and provide great service. The grounds are well-kept, the food is delicious, the beach is super clean, and the rooms are very tidy. I literally have no complaints about the Lago Mar. Although you won't find super modern "amenities" such as granite this and stainless that, the suites and very well-equipped and very clean. The showers are great - my room had a fantastic rainfall shower head and lovely water pressure. The beds are very comfortable and the sheets feel luxurious, the bath towels are thick and plush. Nice touch that the bathroom in my room had a scale, a plush robe, an illuminated vanity mirror, and plenty of counter space. The Lago Mar takes amazing care of me every year and I know the company I'm a part of looks forward to coming back every January! Go and say hi to Fran from Brooklyn in the Soda Shop for me!

Room Tip: 1st floor beach front rooms can't be beat, but the 5th floor beach-facing rooms have unforgettab...
Sevierville TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Thank you Lago Mar Resort for a wonderful end to our cruise vacation. Although we only stayed one night, Erich was gracious enough to accommodate our need for early check in and late check out due to cruise and airline departure scheduling. The room was very spacious and inviting with very comfortable beds, the private beach was beautiful, and the grounds and swimming pools were lovely.
Although service was lacking, slow, and I felt we were intruding on our servers time, our meal was beautifully presented and delicious.
Thank you Michael for the limo ride and thank you Manny for excellent service, and I'm sorry I can't remember your name, but thank you The Floridian is the place to eat!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My company held it's Sales Kickoff meeting at this location in the middle of January. What a great place! The restaurant is not great (breakdown in kitchen operations, not the wait staff - my waiter "Guy" was great), but all the meals prepared for our meetings, buffet lunches, dinners, etc. were superb. In fact, one person on the wait staff casually heard me remark to a colleague that I had a food allergy, and while watching me pick through the meal offered, went back in the kitchen an prepared my own custom plated meal, sans the offending item (onions)! She did this about four times that week just to ensure I had plenty to eat. Amazing - Ritz Carlton service on a Lago Mar budget! I'm recommending this place to all my family and friends, voting "yes" for our company meetings when in Florida, and will be taking my family here at least once a year.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We used to stay at the Lago Mar a couple of times a year and then started going to other places for a little variety. Lago Mar was always a beautiful, immaculately kept resort with great service and a beautiful beach. We revisited the Lago Mar at the end of September for 3 nights after probably about a 10 year absence, and found it to be almost identical to the way I remembered it. The front desk staff even remembered us, and the cabana and poolside service was excellent, especially considering the very oppressive heat, after what I understand was an unbearably hot summer. All in all, it was a perfect weekend getaway, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple