We (my 81 year old mother and I) stayed at the Embassy Suites pre (3 nights) and post (1 night) cruise. This is one of three hotels Princess Cruises uses in Fort Lauderdale so we decided to take this easy option. The hotel is close to the airport as well as the cruise ship terminal. We liked the suite option. My mother goes to bed a lot earlier than I do so I was able to close the bedroom door and watch TV in the front portion of the suite. The two sinks and mirrors in the room are great for two women getting ready in the morning.
As others have noted, the room’s décor and bathrooms are a little tired. Considering how many people are moving in and out of this hotel every night it is easy to see why. The rooms are clean and that is more important to me. My only complaint about the room on our first stay is we were facing 17th Street. I live in a quiet area so it was difficult to sleep with the traffic noise that seemed to go all through the night. On our second stay we were facing the pool and it was much quieter.
The service at the front desk was friendly and efficient. The concierge services were very helpful in finding us transportation to the Galleria Mall (retail therapy is always important on any trip) and an intracoastal waterway cruise. We aren’t fans of a big cooked breakfast so the included breakfast was perfect for us. We really enjoyed the Evening Reception. A couple of free glasses of wine was good enough for us. As my mother pointed out, “ Who care if it wasn’t the best wine in the world – it was free!” The reception was also a good opportunity to meet new people and compare cruise notes. After our couple of glasses of wine, we had dinner in the E Spot Restaurant in the hotel. Once again the service was good and we enjoyed our dinners. We highly recommend the pizza.
If I was going to Fort Lauderdale for another cruise I would definitely stay here again. I would ask for a room not facing 17th Street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is a perfect choice for nightlife, beaches, shopping, and golf. All 361 two-room suites consist of a living room with sleeper sofa, easy chair, dining table & chairs and a separate bedroom with either one king or two double beds. Each suite is equipped with microwave, refrigerator,coffee maker, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, & 2 flat screen TV's. Also enjoy an outdoor, heated pool, fitness center and The E Spot Restaurant for a chic, casual dining experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale