I visit this hotel every January. In the past I have been pleased with almost every aspect of this hotel. The grounds, building and rooms are nice. The staff that cleans the rooms does an excellant job. I wish that I could say the same about the rest of the staff. While I haven't experienced a problem with the staff before, on my most recent stay this week, the service ranged from nonchalant to terrible.
The front desk staff often would be engaged in conversations that had nothing to do with their jobs, while guests waited for assistance. When we arrived at approximately 1:00 p.m., we were told that no rooms were available yet but that our room would be ready by 3:00. They took my cell phone number and told us that they would call us when the room was ready. We returned at 4:45, without having received a telephone call to discover that our room was ready. If they say that they will contact you, they should contact you.
The people preparing food at the breakfast were curt and uncaring, often getting omlette orders incorrect.
The wait staff at the E-Spot during lunch were incredibly slow and unresponsive. I had ninety minutes for lunch at 1:00 between meetings. The restaurant had guests at about four or five tables. There appeared to be one person working the entire restaurant. He was slow in taking our order of two items, and then it took fifty minutes for the orders to arrive at our table. I had to go inside and find him to see if he had forgotten about us. This caused me to rush through my meal so as to not be late to my meeting. This hotel needs to either talk to their existing staff about customer service, or find a new staff.
One other item needs to be addressed. For some reason, the internet service, for which this Embassy Suites charges $9.95 per day, was not working properly on January 13th. The hotel needs a better, more reliable internet service. Guests, and particularly those of us there on business, need reliable internet service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is a perfect choice for nightlife, beaches, shopping, and golf. All 361 two-room suites consist of a living room with sleeper sofa, easy chair, dining table & chairs and a separate bedroom with either one king or two double beds. Each suite is equipped with microwave, refrigerator,coffee maker, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, & 2 flat screen TV's. Also enjoy an outdoor, heated pool, fitness center and The E Spot Restaurant for a chic, casual dining experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale