“Great Location Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach

You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   440 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #45 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Great Location Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

We stayed here two nights prior to sailing on Independence of the Seas. They do not have shuttle service at all so we used GO Shuttle to get here and to the port. There were eight of us including two little ones. We had three rooms in total, all on the 12th floor, two of which were double queens overlooking the intracoastal waterway (great view) and one king which had two TVs, a sitting area and a view south along the ocean and to the port. All rooms had a coffeemaker and mini fridge. It was very clean and we were very pleased with everything. Free internet on the mezzanine worked just fine. Our kids had breakfast at the buffet one morning and really enjoyed it. If you are there for a beach vacation, it is a great location. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company is accessible from the pool area of the hotel (down a set of stairs or down an elevator). We would definitely stay here again if the rate was right.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

My boyfriend and I were given a trip to Fort Lauderdale for Christmas and we were booked at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East. We arrived to be extremely disappointed that we were about 2 miles (!) from the beach. The clerk behind the desk was very quick to help us out. She jumped on the phone to the Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel and within minutes had a room booked for us there. What a difference! The Beach hotel's location was more than ideal. It couldn't have been closer to the beach without being built in the water!

The room we were given faced both north and west, but still had LOVELY ocean views. The room was big and we loved having a small fridge to have some food on hand.

We found Fort Lauderdale to be pricey, when thinking about eating out for every meal. We took advantage of the public bus and went to Publix, a lovely grocery store, and picked up sandwich stuff and food that would be beach-friendly.

The staff was helpful, but not go-out-of-their-way to be helpful. The hotel was clean, and like I said, the location was PERFECT. So close to the beach, intercoastal waterways, restaurants, stores, etc.

If we go to Fort Lauderdale again, we will definitely consider staying at the Courtyard. Since the trip was a gift, it was affordable...but if we had to pay for the hotel for a week, it probably would've been out of our pricerange.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

We arrived for a few days of warmth before our Oasis of the Seas cruise, I was at first a bit taken back and the price of what is normally known as a mid-price property. Immediately upon arrival we greeted with prompt baggage handling and very nice front desk treatment. We were give a top floor (12th) room facing the Intercoastal and downtown Fort Lauderdale (we could see Port Everglades and the ship in the distance).

The room was very clean, good high ceilings, nice bathroom with glass and tile shower. Nice mini fridge was perfect for the several stops at the 7-11 located just down the street (FWIW, the 7-11 was a bit older and I would anticipate slightly sketchy later in the nighttime). We found the pool to be in great working order with an abundance of sundeck to catch some rays throughout the day. Workout facilities were well located and adequately equipped. The FREE internet terminals always had a crowd, the free in-room worked flawlessly (enough for video conferencing). We got the free buffet with our rate and it was just fine for what we need in the morning. Some of the best Orange Juice I have ever had!

What really sells this property is the outstanding location. Seriously just across for the beach, and within easy 5 minute walking distance of probably 25 great restaurants. I cannot say enough about the location.

We did not have a car so we cannot speak for the parking situation, but it appears all of the hotels having parking issues along the beach.

I would like to speak on the port transfers the doormen seem to push, when inquiring on the availability of a cab to Port Everglades, he advised he could get us a shuttle that would be cheaper at $23 for the three of us, I ok'd it and asked for a 11a pick-up. 11a rolls around and the doormen team were using all on the phone trying to find a shuttle service for us, after about 15 minutes they said they could not get us anything and would get us a cab. After all that the cab ended being the same $23 including tip. I don't know what these guys are up to but you should just grab a cab, as they are prevalent and less hassle.

We look forward to our next stay here, this is really a great pre/post cruise property!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

Hi,
Got a great walk in Price despite all the advice from Trip Advisers Gurus
Great Loocation nice Accomadation.
No Restaurant Bar is rubbish. Despite all this it is a nice place to stay
Bed To Beach 4 Minutes.Try the Quarter Decker Restaurant Excellent Value
5 Minutes walk also 7 Eleven 2 Mmiutes walk
Mary at reception has a Bright Future ahead of her lovely manner and smile.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for 9 nights this month, and I must say the hotel itself was a big factor in making this a memorable vacation.
First off, if you can get a corner room on an upper floor, do so. Pull open all the drapes and enjoy the spectacular view of the beach and up the coast, courtesy of the floor-to-ceiling windows. Really great.
The room was spotless, big, great bed, loved the fridge and coffee-maker, and nice amenities in the large bathroom.
Free internet hookup in the room was much appreciated, and it was convenient to print out my boarding pass at the free computers on the mezzanine level.
After reading some complaints about the parking fee, I was pleasantly surprised to be told by the valets upon arrival that the public parking lot was also available right next door… literally a few yards from the hotel’s front door. If you pay $15 in the evening, you can leave your car in that lot until 8 PM the next day (despite the signs that say “11:30 AM”). The valets gave me that piece of info, and they were right. You go in and out whenever you want, which I find way more convenient (and cheaper) than using valet parking.
I didn’t try any food service at the hotel, but the restaurant looked quite nice.
The cleaning people were very helpful, taking care of my room whenever I requested it. I could see the pool from my room, and noticed one day that the towel basket was empty. Called the front desk, and by the time I got down there 10 minutes later, it had been re-filled with fresh towels.
The hotel’s general manager is very responsive to any special requests, and from the freshly-baked cookies at the reception desk to the easy access to the beach, I was completely pleased by everything about this place. It was my first time here, and it certainly won’t be my last.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

I was looking for oceanfront hotel in fort lauderdale for long weekend. I been in FLL so many times and always had a good time.
I knew the hotel locations which is absolutly great. Just one block away from Las Olass Blv and walking distance from few restaurants.
Parking in the hotel is kind expensive but thats okey.. Serice is very nice. Hotel is very clean. Rooms are big and very nice but they dont have a balcony.
I got oceanfront room with georgeuse view for the ocean but I was seperate from the fresh air with the glass wall..
I cant have coffie in the morning on the balcony which I love it.. I couldnt even open the window.
Anway the first time I had oceanview from every point in the room..I watch sunset from my bed which is great.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

We spent one night here post-cruise and have no major complaints. The hotel appears to be newly renovated top to bottom. Our room on the 5th floor was large, clean, had nice new furniture, a very good bathroom, and a nice ocean view. No balcony but no room has one so that is that. The room had a separate sitting area from the bedroom and both areas had large flat screen TVs. The room also had a mini-fridge and coffee maker. The only thing the room lacked, which anymore is almost standard equipment, was a digital safe. That would have been nice.

The hotel was very clean and well kept and had an excellent small work out room with new and well functioning equipment. The pool on the mezzanine level was a bit small and late in the day was shaded by the hotel building. Around the pool was a nice two level deck for sunning or relaxing and there was a pool bar open during the day. A short flight of stairs led to Atlantic Avenue and just across the street was the beach. Overall an excellent location. Many eating/drinking/coffee places are within steps of the hotel on Atlantic Avenue.

If there is a negative about the hotel it is the $25/day parking fee but that is hard to avoid anywhere in Ft. Lauderdale. All in all a very good choice and one we would use again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach? Share your experiences!