“Great hotel. Not so great food options” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   440 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #47 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Windsor, Canada
“Great hotel. Not so great food options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel in a fantastic location. Right on the beach. Recently updated rooms and common areas. Helpful staff.
The only downside is the food options. Breakfast is the standard decent hot/cold you get at most places these days. But for lunch and dinner, the only on-site options are the poolside bar (limited hours and bar food) or "room service" via the Bubba Gump Shrimp place next door. Mediocre food at best.
Other than the food, great place

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks for your review. I appreciate your favorable comments about our staff and renovations. I do want you to know that part of our renovation is a new restaurant which will open on October 27th. The new restaurant will offer both a bistro menu as well as an a la carte menu so there will be plenty of choices. I also want to mention that Bubba Gump Shrimp Company is on our premises and serves lunch and dinner which you can charge to your room if you wish. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for one night driving back from Key West and the location on the beach was excellent .
The main reason for my review is to thank the receptionist and Manger who located a very expensive item that I had left in the room on check out...many thanks to you all for making my stay so great. Will stay here again next time I'm in town

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
We know how easy it is to leave something behind while traveling. Thank you for expressing your appreciation and I will be sure to share your comments with my team. Thanks for your excellent ratings and we look forward to your return!
Wakefield, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Property is under the last stage of renovation, completion within 2 weeks. Located towards the end of the beach strip, fabulous location. Only a two lane road separates you from the beach. Rooms were above average, newly renovated, 2 good sized LCD TVs, fridge, very comfy. Somewhat small pool on the second floor but has a nice separate lounge chair area with Tiki Bar, exceptional ocean views. Breakfast at time of review was $10 for the buffet. No self parking, only valet at an expensive price of $29.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are fortunate to have such a good location and I appreciate your comments about hotel and staff. I certainly wish that we had the space to offer a self parking option. I know that parking is expensive everywhere you go on Fort Lauderdale Beach. Thank you for staying with us during renovation and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back!
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been to this hotel before and always found it clean, comfortable and in a great location to walk to many restaurants and across the street from the beach. The staff are extremely helpful and courteous also .

Room Tip: All rooms have been refurbished so they are nice and clean and new smelling unlike most with those s...
Green Features: I really did not pay attention to this but did like that they were always cleaning the lobby and other areas
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for returning to our hotel. I appreciate your comments very much and we look forward to welcoming you back many times in the future!
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here last year around this time after returning from a cruise. When we booked it was right at the time the cruise ships overlap so the place was actually pleasantly empty which translated into an affordable night's stay (about $99 with a view of the marina, not oceanside). We got there somewhat early in the afternoon, checked in, and walked across the street to lay out on the beach. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, so after cleaning up from the Ocean we went to a local restaurant close by and walked back to the hotel.

The Courtyard itself is clean, modern, and the rooms were very comfortable. I was perfectly content after coming off a cramped cabin room from a cruise :)

I'd certainly recommend this place if you prefer doing your own things on vacation such as dining and hanging out on the beach. If we do another cruise out of Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach, I would definitely say we'd stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the marina are definitely cheaper and the view is still spectacular, especially corner...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and the surrounding Fort Lauderdale beach area. You discovered that the Intracoastal/marina views are very interesting and scenic. Not everyone thinks about that fact, but I wholeheartedly agree. Thank you so much for your excellent rating and willingness to recommend us to others. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is in a great location. It is across the street from the beach and you can walk to many restaurants and shops. It is also close to the airport. Since the hotel is being renovated there were some problems with it. There was a make-shift lobby and the breakfast room was small. Being a gold member I was upgraded to a king suite with a partial view of the ocean. The room was newly renovated so it was in perfect condition. The problem with the room was that the water was never hot enough to shower. After four technicians, a manager and a supervisor reviewed the situation over a two day period, the water still was not hot enough for a shower. They told me that the problem was that the hot and cold water handles were reversed and it was too difficult to fix it because they would have to rip out the wall. We were offered several other rooms, but, the problem was the same. However, the manager Ferdinand was very kind and compensated us by giving us one free night. We didn't complain anymore, just took luke warm showers for the remainder of our trip. The positive about the hotel is that all of the employees were very pleasant and patient. I'd like to particularly commend the front desk workers Daryl and Ashley and also the day supervisor Jenna. The night supervisor, Tawnia, was also pleasant and kind. She upgraded us as gold members to free breakfasts and arranged for our shuttle from the airport. Each day at breakfast, we has the same waitress, Yvose. She could not have more accommodating. She was always smiling!! The two concierges, Dietra and Glenn were quite helpful. All in all, I enjoyed my stay, but would only return once the renovation is completed. While we were there, it did not live up to the Marriott Courtyard standard to which we are accustomed.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Our team is always eager to receive feedback and I promise to acknowledge each and every associate that you mentioned personally. I noticed that you graded us excellent for the new room and service which is greatly appreciated. Now I need to extend to you an apology for insufficient hot water. Guests always want and deserve hot water just like I do. This has not been a problem and I don't know the solution at this time, but I will quickly resolve it. We want you to return to see and enjoy our renovated hotel. I promise that you will not have a hot water issue. Thank you.
Spruce Grove, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the hotel August 26 & 27th before a cruise, we were checked in promptly (enjoyed the fresh cookies at the front desk, nice touch) and received a renovated room on the top floor with great ocean views, very nice room with a Queen bed and sitting area.

The location of this hotel couldn't have been better, across the street from the beach, on a little strip with lots of restaurants and bars and a CVS store, where we were able to pick up some pre-cruise stuff. Also very close to the water taxi station (10 minute walk) which is a fun way to spend the day. We were very pleased with the hotel and the room and did not have any issues with the ongoing renovations. We did not have a room safe which was a bit of a surprise but were able to use the safe downstairs, It is my understanding room safes are being installed as part of the renovation which I think is a needed addition. Being on the top floor was slightly noisy due to the air conditioning fans being on the roof, it sounds like a shower is running so if you are very sensitive to noise while you are sleeping the top floor may not be the best choice but wasn't really an issue for us.

The breakfast buffet was good. All the staff were very pleasant and friendly and the hotel is very clean. Overall this was a great place for us to stay and we will stay here next time we are in Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Top floor was a bit noisy due to the air conditioning fans on the roof, so if you are very sensitive...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments and excellent rating! We appreciate that you stayed with us during renovation and experienced some of our completed work. I'm very pleased to know that you enjoyed Fort Lauderdale Beach and intend to return to our hotel!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach? Share your experiences!