“Prime Location & exceptional customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach

You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   440 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #45 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Prime Location & exceptional customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

My 6yr old daughter and myself stayed here June 16 thru 20 and the hotel is an overall winner. The location is absolutely phenomenal-it's right on the beach which is perfect because we had no car on this trip. It was really clean and smelled good, the staff was very VERY friendly and extremely helpful. We arrived late-after 10 pm-and when we checked in it was so quick and easy. We even got upgraded to a king suite on the 9th floor with an oceanview. The room was clean and had very comfy bedding. The poolside bar was great too. My daughter had chicken tenders and I had the jerk chiken sandwhich and both meals were really good. On the last day at the hotel, I had problems trying to print off my boarding passes on the day of our flight and they were kind enough to allow me to use their computer at th front desk in order to do so, twice! I never did get it printed (no fault of theirs) but I find it extremely above and beyond the call of duty to help. Beacuase we had to check out at 11 and our flight wasnt until 445, they even advised that I could leave my luggage while we hung out on the beach and had lunch while we waited to leave for the airport. Exceptional! The only thing I could say that wasn't great is that the rooms don't have balconies. But the window is huge so I guess that makes up for that. I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone vacationing at Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Stayed June 2013
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I appreciate your review very much, especially your comments about our staff. I make sure that all of my team gets to see reviews, so they will be very pleased. I agree that guests don't usually need a car because of our location within walking distance of the beach, shops, entertainment and dining choices Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here twice recently on the front and back ends of a trip to the Keys. We were expecting a basic, Courtyard by Marriott experience, and were somewhat surprised by how nice the rooms were. We were in a King Suite on the top floor for our first stay - the separate living room-ish and bedroom areas was welcome as we were traveling with our young child. The views of the beach were lovely. On the trip home, we didn't score a Suite, but the standard corner room we were put in was great for one night. The pool area is nice. They're lacking in decent dining options - the breakfast was your standard mediocre hotel buffet, and there was a (gasp) Bubba Gump shrimp chain attached to the hotel (sort of) -- With so much fresh seafood in South Florida, it's pretty appalling to have it battered and fried into submission. Yuck. Coconuts and the oyster bar across the street are great though - we went there for most meals.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us twice. We always appreciate returning guests. I'm glad that you were pleasantly surprised by our rooms and one of the benefits of our location is the many choices you have for food & beverage. Coconuts is hard to beat. Please stop and stay with us again when you travel to the Keys or making Fort Lauderdale Beach your final destination.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Courtyard by Marriott is a fantastic hotel in a great location right next to the beach. Rooms are spacious and clean and have spectacular views. An ocean view room is a must have! The hotel also has a pool which is always nice to cool off in. The hotel is very close to many dining options and bars. The only downside is the slow elevators which take forever to get to you. Overall this Is a brilliant hotel and if I come back to Fort Lauderdale I will come back here!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for putting us in your "fantastic" category! The ocean views are indescribable and you do have many options for dining, shopping and entertainment within walking distance. We have many visitors from Australia and we certainly hope that you will return to Fort Lauderdale Beach and stay in our Marriott Courtyard!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We enjoyed the hotel at it is right on the beach - really across the street but it's not a problem getting to it. We didn't use the pool as it's rather small and was fairly crowded but being from the Midwest and not having the beach at your door...we like spending our time there! Beds were great...room was great...and they didn't take long to clean up your room each day. We had a room facing the south and could still see the ocean. Paula the bartender was great! There are plenty of places (Restaurants, bars, souvenir shops) close by. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your complimentary review. We are pleased to offer guests a convenient choice of the beach or a swimming pool. Speaking of choices, I'm glad that you discovered the many restaurants, bars and gifts shops nearby. I'll make sure that Paula sees your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Staff were awesome. Location was perfect. Beds are very comfy and clean room. We went during Spring Break but the hotel is a block or so away from the craziness. Definitely recommend. Right across the road from the beautiful beaches of Fort Lauderdale. The yellow tram passed by out front to take us directly to the malls.

Room Tip: There are no balconies but the ocean view rooms are nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your "perfect" rating. I'm very pleased to know that you enjoyed our beach location and views of the Atlantic Ocean. I also appreciate very much your compliments of our staff and recommendation for others to visit our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I couldn't have picked a better hotel to complete my vacation. This hotel is directly across from the beach. I was lucky to get a ocean view. It was absolutely gorgeous. The breakfast offer was great as well. I also like that it was centrally located and close to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for making us part of your vacation. We appreciate very much your excellent ratings and comments. We're always pleased to know that guests enjoy our beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach and ocean views from our rooms ( and breakfast too of course). Count us in on your next vacation itinerary!
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Got a great deal as it was the official 'holyship' hotel.
Great hotel, room was nice. Beds abit too comfy....we didnt want to get up!!
Pool was lovely, beach just opposite!!
Really enjoyed our stay before getting on the cruise.
Airport Taxi driver couldnt find it, but think that was just him! As all the others had no issues.
Would stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your excellent ratings and comments. We hope that before you embark on your next cruise that you will spend some more time with us at the Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach? Share your experiences!