“Good location and service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach

You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   440 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #44 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tarporley, United Kingdom
“Good location and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a little dated, the rooms are tired and need a freshen. The location on the beach was great. We had an issue on night with our neighbouring room, a group f spring breakers. The front desk / security dealt with the issue in a timely manner.
I would stay again, but be warned, it is not a $300 a night hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and willingness to return. We do have a good location and I appreciate your mention of good service. I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The valet guys at the Coutyard Beach Marriott were very helpful and friendly. Jimmie V. was superior in going the extra mile to make everyone happy. Our group certainly enjoyed our stay. We will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013
Great comments for the "valet guys". We are fortunate to have such a friendly and professional team willing to go the extra mile. Thank you for recognizing them and please do come back to see us again soon!
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We recently got married in fort lauderdale and had all of our guests stay at this hotel!! The hotel was perfect location right on the beach and beautiful! Right when you walk in the hotel the staff is going out of their way to service you! Valet staff couldn't do enough for us one member even driving us to our wedding ceremony when the limo was running late! Front desk staff was so helpful getting everyone into the rooms as fast as they could, and made sure each and every guest was happy! By the end of the weekend the hotel staff felt like family! More than happy to do anything they can for you! Clean rooms, beautiful views, great staff, good location, what more could you ask for! Will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Congratulations on your marriage! I am pleased to know that your special weekend was in fact special and created fond memories. I appreciate very much your comment that "by the end of the weekend (our) hotel staff felt like family". We are here to serve, so your comments mean a lot to us. I will make sure that all of the departments you mentioned see your review. We are eager to welcome you back to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The location of the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach is good. Traffic going north is always an issue on A1A so this allows you to go south. The parking is somewhat annoying since its valet only and yes thats the way most properties are in Ft Lauderdale. I am in a rush so i parked in the lot next door for $15 over night, vs the $25 for valet. Check in was good, as a Marriott elite member i was hoping i would be upgraded like i am at most other properties but i was not. I was not given a "Thank you" for being a member , unlike almost every other hotel i have stayed at . That being said the check in staff was very friendly.

The rooms were nice, but the furniture is aging as is the decorations. The desks are poorly designed. The bathrooms are modest , and the water pressure is not great. The rooms are noisy, thin walls, you can hear the people in the next room yawning , clearing throats not to mention talking.

The weather was very cold, and my room had no heat. I know its Ft Lauderdale but i wanted to keep the air on to drown out the noise, so i froze. I decided to sleep and freeze vs be interupted by guests noises.

One other thing was the elevators, they are very slow.

I would stay here again but only as a last resort, in the future i will attempt other Marriott properties in Ft Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Get a higher room , park in the lot next to the hotel to avoid the large valet fees
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I'm always disappointed to hear mixed reviews from our guests. Our expectations are to please each and every guest in each and every way. As a Marriott Elite Rewards member your loyalty is greatly appreciated and we always offer upgrades when they are available. Thank you for recognizing our excellent location and especially our staff as being very friendly. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I paid more for this hotel than any other. That was a painful part but it was still less than the Marriott Vacation club.The weather was lousy but we loved the location; although it is on a rather busy strip it sits between the ocean and the intercoastal, water, water everywhere.The pool was heated, not overly attractive and no hot tub--shame, shame but the tiki bar was right there for beverages and the views were great. There are lots of fun places to eat or drink that you can easily walk to in either direction. Coconuts right across the street was great. The swimming hall of fame is across the street, it is interesting for a look through. It included a 2nd spot but we ran out of time. There is a lot of historic swimming footage and memorabilia. Did you know that Ben Franklin made some sort of paddles for swimming when he was 10, what didn't that guy do? The last few times I was in the Dade/Broward county area the weather has been colder than normal.Hopefully the next time, I can take advantage of the beach right across the street and spend more time at the pool. The staff here were very warm, cheerful and fun. We would not hesitate to go back, but will book in advance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry that the weatherman didn't fully cooperate, but fortunately our hotel is located within walking distance of many fun and interesting things to do. I certainly appreciate your positive comments about our staff. We are here to serve and when our guests express compliments it means a great deal to us. Thank you so much and please do return.
Leicester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were delighted to return to the Courtyard Marriott for the 5th consecutive year, with minimum stays of 7 days per trip.
The staff are all excellent and more important majority have been there since our first visit and it is great to be recognised on arrival with a 'welcome back'. This is from valet, reception, breakfast and the General Manager.
Plus points;
- great staff who are very friendly
- excellent location across from the beach and ideally located to many restaurants, bars & shops.
- views of both the Ocean &/or Intracoastal Waterway
- excellent breakfast to start off the day
- gym and good jogging route adjacent to the ocean
- sun deck area is undergoing improvement with some new furniture from last year
- Paula makes wicked frozen cocktails
We are looking forward to returning in 2014.

Bill a huge thank you to you and your team. Russ & Sandra

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
You are our 5 Star guests. You are very pleasant and engaging. My team looks forward to every interaction. Returning for a week plus every year for 5 years is most appreciated. I will share your comments with my team and we will all look forward to your visit next year!
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Given that everything around it was $100+ more per night, I was hesitant to choose the Courtyard Marriott. However, I am glad that I did because I was not dissapointed with my stay. As a Marriott Platinum member, I stay at a lot of Marriotts and the Courtyard is usually my least favorite chain. Not the case here.

Kerry B. was VERY helpful and patient in checking me into the hotel. (and out) She is truly an asset to this hotel ... her customer service was one of the best I've experienced at any Marriott. The concierge was super nice and helpful arranging things and was a friendly guy who seemed to enjoy his job. The bellmen outside were friendly and professional. The maid was a bit on the gruff side, but she isn't paid to interact with customers. And the room was pristinely clean, so she did her job great.

I was a bit dissapointed with my first room because it didn't have an oceanview even though I specified that months in advance. I had also requested a king bed. Of course when I showed up, they were out of oceanview king rooms ... so I was offered a suite instead. This was a nice room! Great marble shower and a nice bed. However, it had a view of the parking lot and dumpsters. I agreed to wait until a two double bed oceanview room opened. Two hours later, I got a call from the front desk saying I could check in and the view didn't dissapoint! It was beautiful.

The room was very clean and the color pattern was nice. It reminded me of Disney's California Resort in Anaheim. Lots of lime green and yellow. The bathroom was a bit awkward with a toilet literally right next to the shower ... I'm talking inches away. The vanity was big and the room was spotlessly clean ... to the point where it looked brand new.

There is a small pool (no hot tub) and a tiki bar type of place with a pretty good happy hour. You are steps from the beach and there are plenty of bars and restaurants that are only a short walk away. The location is very ideal for anyone who wants to be near the beach strip. There is a Bubba Gump Shrimp attached ... however, there are better restaurants than this nearby. If you have a car, I'd highly recommend Shooters where you can sit on the intracoastal waterway and is only a few miles from the hotel.

It is rare when a hotel exceeds your expectations these days ... but the Courtyard did. There are lots of areas to sit and relax and the hotel didn't feel crowded despite being totally booked. I'd return to this hotel for sure because it is very nice and much cheaper than the Beach Place Marriott, Sheraton or any other big hotels nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your review very much. As a Marriott Platinum Rewards member, I know that you travel often and for you to say that we exceeded your expectations is high praise. Thank you very much and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach? Share your experiences!