“Overall, a good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   440 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #41 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Ballston Lake
“Overall, a good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Location is the best part of this hotel, with the beach just a short walk away. Also, restaurants, bars and shops are within an easy walking distance. The room my wife and I had was awesome, being a corner room with floor to ceiling windows on two sides. Good views of the ocean and the intercoastal waterway. Breakfast was good, and the pool bar was relaxing in the evening with a patio overlooking the ocean that included comfortable chairs and gas firepits. The only negatives were an uncomfortably hard bed, being limited to valet only parking ($29/day), and one day having to call housekeeping at 5:30 pm because our room hadn't been serviced all day. The staff was friendly. I would stay here again but would ask if they have rooms with updated, more comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room in order to get a great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

808 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Greensboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Just completed a two night stay on the beach. Great location. Terrific views of the ocean. Superior staff. Valet parking is sometimes convenient, occasionally slow, always polite and consistently expensive ($29/night). We experienced minor ekevstor delays; but the hotel was packed. Checkout wss slow for the same reason. Computers in the business center are not up to date and really need to be replaced. After all thatcomplaining let me say the stay was great and I will gladly return.

• Stayed January 2013
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had reserved a two-bedroom suite at the Marriott Beach Place Towers (One block North on Rte.A1A) for $341.00 per night, but preferred this hotel because the parking garage at the Beach Place Towers is a pain in the neck. The week before my arrival date, the AAA rate for a one-bedroom suite for the Courtyard dropped from $289.00 per night to $151.00 per night. The AAA rate also discounted parking from $29 per day to $14 per day. Since I was traveling with a friend, I needed two rooms which saved us $39.00 per night. So I changed our reservation to the Courtyard.

Our plane (Jet Blue) was delayed two hours due to a computer problem and we arrived at 12:30 a.m. on Friday night. At check in, the young lady welcomed us and informed us that there was only one suite available. She apologized and discounted the room that was not a suite to $109.00 per night. She offered us drink coupons as well. I asked for breakfast coupons instead and she agreed. So we got breakfast for two each day saving $34.00 per day.

We went to our rooms and upon entering my suite, there was a strong smell of tobacco smoke. So I called the front desk and went down to see what my options were. She offered me a corner room directly below where my friend’s room was. These corner rooms are awesome. They have two walls of glass and lots of extra room. I took it at the same $109.00 per night rate that she gave us for the other room. By now it was 1:00 a.m. and I was definitely ready for some sleep.

My room was perfect, but as I unpacked, I realized I was missing my small travel bag. Sensing this was beyond a nightmare night that was not going to end, I called the front desk and told the young lady that I may have left the bag in the first suite. She said not to worry, that a security person would come to my room and escort me back up to the suite and let me in. He (security) showed up in a couple of minutes and when I went into the suite, no bag! I must have left it in the rental car. So down I went, heading to the valet area, when the security guard called me. He was holding my bag which I had left at the front desk during check in. Thank you God! So back up to my room. When I tried to go in, neither of my keys would open the door. Both got red lights after swiping. So back to the front desk and she re-programmed the keys. Finally to bed at 1:45!

The next morning I was up at 6:30a.m.and heading out to pick up my dad for breakfast. On the way out I tipped the security guard and the young lady at the desk for their great assistance during my nightmare. Although they tried to refuse, I insisted they accept it.

The rest of the stay was wonderful. Breakfast was great. There was a very helpful waitress and waiter each day. The omelets, eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit etc. were awesome. The valet parking was fast and the guys were polite and happy to offer water, assistance or directions. I tipped them a couple of dollars for each car retrieval and they always thanked me. Check out time can get a little hectic, but the longest we waited was about 3 or 4 minutes.

Everything worked in the rooms. Cleaning was done daily.

Checkout was fast and the bills were exact.

We’ll be back next January, if not sooner.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great. Had rooms #217 and #317.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Leonard, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The good - The hotel is very nice and in a great location. Out the back door and around the pool then down some stairs to the beach. The property obviously has been around a long time, but the rooms are well kept, the linens are very nice and the rooms were clean. The front desk and the valet guys are very nice and helpful. There are several good restaurants within a short walk.

The bad - There is no free hotel parking. If you arrive in a car, your only choice is to pay $29 a day to have the valet park it. They take it about 60 feet and park it for you for that price. It is a nice place to stay if you are not driving!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel offers fabulous views of the beach and ocean! We stayed 2 nights before a cruise and then one night afterwards. We swam in the semi-saltwater pool, it was a little chilly, but a nice pool. No hot tub, though! Our room was very clean; but, the beds were hard, at least my family and I thought so. We ate from the breakfast buffet each morning, it was very good. We had no complaints there. The hotel is located about 15-20 minutes from the airport, and about 5 minutes from the port! We had to check-out before our cruise left, but were able to store all of our luggage in a locked room. We also arrived before check-in time, and they had a cancellation, so we were able to check-in a few hours early! That was great! The hotel staff were very accommodating! We used the concierge on multiple occasions, also very helpful! Also, Bubba Gump Shrimp is located on the beach side, right in front of the hotel! We were definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, and with an ocean side view! The higher you are the better!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sherwood Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. We had an ocean view room with a king bed and a pullout couch. We had a spacious corner room that overlooked the ocean on one side and the roofs and mechanical equipment on the other (some rooms have to overlook these and it was no big deal). The room was huge and well appointed. The interior of the room was very clean but the windows were a little dirty on the outside not on the inside. We had breakfast included every day and the breakfast buffet was delicious. We all highly recommend the orange juice which is freshly squeezed from local oranges. There was an omelet bar and we never had trouble finding a seat. The pool was lovely but unfortunately it was closed in the evenings and we would have appreciated being able to swim in the pool since it was too dark for the beach. The hotel was a little isolated but the hotel has a van for hire that will take you into town. We did find a couple of lovely restaurants close enough to walk. The one big disappointment with this hotel was the lounge. It was beautiful and had fireplaces in the seating area of the lounge. In the evening, however, it was so dark that you could hardly see anything. We went down for dinner in the lounge and we had to sit at the bar because it was the only place where you could see. I understand from reading up on Florida that they encourage places on the shore to try and keep the lighting to a minimum so as not to disrupt hatching turtles. This might be the reason for it. We found the front desk, breakfast room, and cleaning staff to be very friendly, helpful, and efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We requested an ocean view room but you can also choose to have a view of the intracoastal waterway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Middletown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach for the second year in a row as part of a business planning meeting. Property is clean and friendly. However, there are still parts of the property that need updating. The hotel has not been through the recent Courtyard cookie cutter remodels.

Room was very nice (Jr suite). I was located on the 12th floor (top floor) and the view was very nice. The bed was comfortable, Bathroom was clean and modern. Nice selection of TV channels.

Breakfast and lunch was provided as part of the meeting. Breakfast was good with fresh fruits, pastries along with bacon, eggs, and potatoes. Lunch each day was quite good with a diverse selection of food.

And now to the most most redeeming part of this hotel.....LOCATION. The property is right on A1A, literally 50 feet from the gorgeous Fort Lauderdale beach. Nothing beat watching the sunrise at 7:00 from the raised deck. Absolutely glorious. In addition, it is within walking distance from shops, restaurants, etc.

One complaint...At the pool bar, I attempted to order a non-alcoholic beer and was met with a rather rude response from the young bartender. I didn't appreciate being asked "why would anyone drink beer without alcohol. First of all I want to, and second, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Never heard that before, since it cost the same as a regular beer.

Once again our group was quite pleased with this hotel, and would definitely consider returning next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach? Share your experiences!