“Recent Courtyard stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach

You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   440 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Recent Courtyard stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Had a great relaxing trip here. Easy access to beach right across the street and walking distance to many restaurants. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room was nicely furnished and clean. I had a wonderful ocean view overlooking beach and pool area. Room had a refrigerator and coffee maker and they had my favorite Paul Mitchell brand shampoo and conditioner as complementary toiletries which was a major plus.

Now just a warning, I asked for a cab at checkout and rather than the local cab co. arriving a large white van with name of a limo co. pulls up as my "cab" who then proceeds to charge $25 to the airport. Had flight to rush to so I just went ahead. I just wanted to throw this info out there because fare with the local cab co.is $20 and rather than calling that popular local cab co. 954-777-7777 which has cars running up and down the block all night long this hotel will call you a co. i'm sure they have some financial interests with. This may or may not result in higher fare for you depending on where you're going so grab your cell, call around independently and compare transportation rates on your own beforehand to get the best rates.

• Stayed October 2012
CourtyardFtLauderdal, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Your review and compliments for the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach are greatly appreciated. We were so delighted to learn about your relaxing stay at our hotel where you enjoyed the beautiful ocean views from your room. Please be assured that the hotel does not have financial interests in any of the cab services and we apologize if you were not happy with the airport transportation that was called for you. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will once again allow us to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Sseattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I reserved the room using the AAA package for approx. 30 dollars more. The package included a buffet breakfast for two (but I was a single) and two drinks. The first, a mixed drink, was very watered down. The breakfast buffet was above average and had an omelet station.
The location is good as one can cross the road to the beach or walk with in a couple of blocks each direction and have several choices for food or drinks. The concierge service was good and the gentleman at the desk helped to get a taxi in the morning that would take a credit card payment. The machine in the yellow cab a day earlier would not work so had to pay cash. The driver of the second cab, the one gotten by the concierge, wanted cash also as she said there would be extra taxes with the credit card payment. Strange??
It looked like the rooms had been redecorated recently and were nice. I had men staying in room on each side of my room that went back and forth, evidently, to each others rooms. Each had to knock several times and then use their voice for their greeting and to exchange information before, perhaps, going into the other's room. This was happening as late at 11:30 pm. At that time I left the hotel to get something to eat and the disturbances were gone when I returned and resumed early the next morning. Location is the big plus for this location. One side of the hotel has large windows in each room looking out at the marina and Swimming Hall of Fame. The other side looks out at the ocean. Try to get a room in a quiet area of the hotel if you stay there. The staff made every attempt to be helpful except when I could not get the attention of the pool bar server.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in a quiet location within the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
CourtyardFtLauderdal, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. We appreciate that you have mentioned the helpfulness of our hotel personnel. Our staff's top priority is our guests and they are happy to help them in whatever way possible. We were sorry to learn of the noise disturbances from neighboring guests and hope that it did not greatly impact your stay. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife, my grown son and his former college roommate, and I spent five nights at the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach just in time for Hurricane Isaac. We arrived early and tried to check in about 10:30 a.m.. As we wanted to check in, hordes of guests were checking out to avoid the storm. I had reserved two one-bedroom suites and one guest room and asked the young lady at the desk if by chance they were ready. She said that she had one suite that was ready and the other two rooms would be ready around noon time. So I gave her my cell number and we went up to the room. The room was very nicely appointed and faced the parking lot.

We dropped our luggage and went to lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp which was next door. Just as we finished lunch, my cell phone rang and a gentleman said our other rooms were ready. When we got back to the desk, Lance said he had upgraded our third room to a suite (nice) and we went up to the 5th floor. When found none of the rooms faced the ocean. My wife asked me to check to see if there was an ocean view available. I explained my request to Lance and he said an ocean view suite would be ready in about an hour. So we put our luggage into my son’s room and went for a walk on the beach.

Although the storm was 24 hours away, the beach surf was up and a steady breeze was blowing. We visited the many shops and stores that littered Rte. AIA. After a final stop at CVS, my phone rang and Lance said the suite was ready. When we went up we found a corner suite that was 50% larger than the other suites and had two walls of glass, one facing the ocean. We were going to get an awesome view of the storm. Thank you Lance!

The next day the storm turned out to be pretty much a dud! The wind blew 30 to 50mph and the rain came and went in bands. People were out on the beach all day. We never lost power (Thank God!) and other than a few palm tree branches falling on the road saw no damage. The hotel was great. They had an indoor happy hour! After the storm the weather was sunny and hot!

For the next three days, my wife went shopping at the Galleria Mall which is about three miles from the hotel. We walked along Las Olas Blvd. Where there are many shops and restaurants. We also went to Butterfly World which is about 20 minutes north and west. This is a great take if you like butterflies and birds.

We went on a water tour (On Riverfront Tours) of the intercoastal which was very nice. The boat was huge and the narrator pointed out all the homes of the rich and famous. The cost was minimal (There is a discount coupon in the lobby of the hotel.) and it included a free drink.

The hotel requires valet parking. Although I usually find this a p.i.a. but the guys were great at parking and fetching your car. On several occasions they got very wet!

Check out was breeze and all the bills were exact.

Room Tip: Corner one-bedroom suites are awesome.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We're thrilled that your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach was one which you enjoyed so much. It was our pleasure to have been able to upgrade your room and to accommodate your request for an ocean view suite. From the shopping on Las Olas Boulevard and the tour of the Intracoastal Waterway to visiting Butterfly World, it sounds as though everyone had a lot of fun exploring the area. Please come back and see us again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Location is perfect on the water and near great bars and shopping. Hotel is tired and one of the less appealing Courtyards I have ever stayed at. Third elevator was inoperable all the days of our stay and led to us taking the stairs 7 floors down a few times. Room seemed to have been upgrade recently. Service is somewhat attentive and the breakfast Buffett ($16 a person) given as a gift for all three days to make up for a check in mistake. The parking at $30 a night is excessive. Parked right next door for $15 a night. Pool is small, pool deck was nice as was the pool bar. No lobby to speak of. Close to airport but no shuttle. We would most likely not stay here again and were tempted to switch to the full service Marriott across the street.

Stayed October 2012
It is regretful that although you have shared with us an appreciation for our location, you're overall experience did not live up to your expectations. The public self-parking adjacent to the hotel you mentioned is an option for our guest; however you do not get in and out privileges. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to one of the elevators not being in service at the time of your stay. The next time you are in the area, we hope you will consider giving us another try. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us.
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We just returned from a four night stay and again we were not disappointed. We really enjoy staying here. The location is perfect. You can walk to some of the great restaurants Ft Lauderdale has to offer. Water taxi is a 5 minute walk and will take you anywhere along the intercoastal you need to go. 5 minutes to the cruise port and 10 minutes to Ft. Lauderdale airport. This hotel has everything you need (except a hot tub!). The sundeck is a great place to chill and enjoy some good food and great frozen drinks. The bartenders were all very attentive. I enjoy the breakfast buffet as it quick and easy. Rooms are comfortable and spacious, clean and well-kept. Rate was very good. $29 valet is a bit much but they were very attentive so it was worth it. Highly recommend this hotel. We miss it already!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardFtLauderdal, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your recommendation and review of the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. We're thrilled that our close proximity to the area's restaurants and attractions was appreciated by you. The Water Taxi which is just a quick walk from our front door, is a unique and fun way to get around Fort Lauderdale and see the sites. We hope that we can return soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back again!
Baiting Hollow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I will be back here for the 5th year in a row at the end of the month for the Ft Lauderdale Boat Show. For those of you who don't know, the Ft Laud boat show is the largest boat show in the world, so as you can imagine it is incredibly busy during that weekend. And the hotel is directly across from the show site.

Even given the near chaotic scenes that happens directly across the street, you would never know it inside the hotel. The staff has always been top notch, never flustered by the crowds.

I do consider myself a rather easy going traveler, so I rarely ask much of the desk staff, but when I do it's usually urgent or out of the ordinary. I have needed rush dry cleaning, shipping services of large items, short notice accommodations to entertain clients and room juggling for my employees. Each and every time I was taken care of very well with a great attention to detail. Many kudos to the staff, and I wish I would have jotted down the names of the individuals who helped me so they could get the well deserved credit.

Many of the previous reviews have mentioned the wonderful views from all the rooms and i couldn't agree more. I personally prefer a room on the west side, ICW side, because i really like to watch the happenings of the boat show. But for serenity and gorgeous views, the ocean side rooms can't be beat.

I've never encountered an unclean or unstocked room. I do a few hours of work in the evenings once i return to the room, and the desk and internet connections have always been sufficient. It's definitely not a business centric hotel, so the work area could use a little improvement, but it certainly works well for an hour or two a night.

I have not been able to use the pool/deck area much during my stays, but my wife has come down for the weekend and was very pleased with both. She also said the service on the deck was wonderful as well. She left her book behind one time, and as she was walking into the room as she realized it, and the phone rang and it was the Server, who offered to bring it up to the room for her.

The breakfast is good, nothing spectacular. I found this little place next to the hotel (south) on the ocean side called St Barts Coffee Company, which is my go to Breakfast place now. I did order Bubba Gumps one night when it was pouring out, the hotel uses Bubba Gumps as their room service. It came quickly and the food was OK, but I'm not a fan of chain places, plus there are so many good places to eat along the beach within walking distance.

I'm looking forward to my return in a few weeks. This is a hotel i would recommend, and have already, to anyone looking for a place to stay in Ft Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Ocean side rooms can't be beat for the views. But the ICW side, is fun to watch the boat traffi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardFtLauderdal, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
As a loyal guest to the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, we truly appreciate you sharing your impressions of your stay. It is always our pleasure to be able to accommodate the requests of our guests and we are proud to learn that we continue to live up to your expectations. Thank you for providing such a detailed and thorough review regarding each area of your visit, as we're certain that our future guests will find your comments helpful. We especially appreciate that you have recommended our hotel to others. Thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show!
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We reserved 2 rooms for 2 nights before our recent cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. The location was perfect, the hotel itself was nice,service was good, and the breakfast and pool areas were both nice. I'd definitely stay there again and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardFtLauderdal, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We can't thank you enough for your recommendation and review of the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. Staying with us either before or after a cruise is a great way to extend your getaway a little longer. We're delighted you enjoyed our location, service and breakfast; and we hope that you will return again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach? Share your experiences!