“DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North

You added Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1595 West Oakland Park Boulevard, I-95 & Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311   |
Ranked #120 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Washington, DC
“DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

This "hotel" is disgusting. I stayed here for 2 nights in March 2009... one night before our cruise and one night after. They tell you that they have a complimentary shuttle that takes you to the Cruiseport... but what they don't tell you is that the shuttle only goes to the cruiseport at noon. So if you are stuck taking a cab, it will cost you around $45 (ONE way) for two people. The first night we stayed there, we were in room 406 in the front of the hotel. The traffic is so loud right outside, I don't think I slept at all. I tried to change rooms, to move to the back of the hotel, but was told they could not accomodate me. The room was filthy... mold all throughout the shower and on the ceiling. Hairs all over the bathroom. I had on white socks while in the room... the floor was so dirty my socks became BLACK on the bottom. The coffee maker didn't work, nor did the hairdryer. I wouldn't have even come back to this hotel for a second night if it wasn't already pre-paid (don't try to get a refund if you pre-pay... you CAN'T get out of it, no matter what!). The second night was a little better... not AS dirty and our room was in the back of the hotel so we actually had a semi-quiet night. One thing I found out though... this hotel is in the GHETTO. We were up the road at an ice cream shop and began chatting with the server there.. she could not believe we were staying at the Days Inn in Oakland Park because it is such a bad area. We took the bus twice to find restaurants and ran into some shady characters on that as well. The service at the hotel was NOT good... they basically didn't help us with anything. We had to figure out how to get around on our own. The only restaurant within walking distance to the hotel is a Denny's, which was actually pretty decent considering everything else in the area. I would definitely NOT recommend this roach motel to anyone. If you are taking a cruise, pay more and stay closer to the cruiseport... you'll end up spending it in cab fare anyways. However, if for some reason you are stuck staying here... I would definitely ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

We stayed at days inn before and after our cruise specifically because of the airport/cruiseport transportation. We were given a number to call for the airport pickup we called and were told we weren't listed at that hotel and to call the other days inn shuttle which we then called. Thirty minutes later they picked us up and after waiting another 30 minutes to check despite the fact that there was only 1 person ahead of us, we were told that we were at the wrong days in. The one we called originally was correct. We asked if the shuttle would take us to our days inn and they told us we would need to take a cab. We took a 35 dollar cab ride and then stood in line another 30 minutes to check in. We were hungry and had been told when we called in advance that there were all kinds of restaurants within walking distance. We didn't see any restaurants and asked which direction to walk in and were told there were none within walking distance. We stayed 2 nights uneventfully and went on our wonderful cruise. We got back from the cruise and called the shuttle number and were told that they don't pick up at the cruiseport they only drop off. We paid another 50 dollars for a cab. Last year we stayed at the ramada they were more money but with cab fare they were the same. The ramada was much nicer with a restaurant and bar with poolside service. Our advice is stay at the ramada.

Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

This Days Inn was the worst one that I have ever stayed at. I stayed one night before leaving on a cruise and one night after the cruise(booked both nights before staying the first night) Both rooms that I stayed in were dirty, looked clean on the surface, after takeing my shoes off and walking around I found my feet to be black from the floor, hair in the bathroom, water stained ceiling, stained sheets. My second night here I found gum in a towel, so I went to Wal Mart to buy towels and a rug to stand on after showering.
The exterior doors on every room appeared to have been broken into. I propped a chair against the door when I slept so no one could open the door. The font desk personnel were slow and rude.
For $100.00+ per night I expect to have a clean room, towels, sheets. And to feel secure and safe. The worst hotel experience ever!!

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

I wasn't thrilled with the location but the staff was friendly and overall it wasn't bad. The train is a real eye opener several times a night.

Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

I've stayed at Days Inn a few times when I need a quick place to overnight and save a few dollars. You get the amenities you pay for, but they always make it up with friendly service so I feel good about my stay. After this stay however; I'll never stop at a Days Inn again.

I picked this place because they advertise a free shuttle from the Ft Lauderdale airport on Hotels.com. I called the hotel to ask when I could get the shuttle and was told 15 minutes. Great! 30 minutes later I called back to ask if the shuttle was still on the way. "Yes, sir. I just called again to let the driver know where he needs to pick you up." Another 30 minutes go by and still no shuttle so I'd like to cancel my reservation and find a hotel that's a little closer to downtown and just pay for a cab. I call the hotel and ask to speak with a manager to be sure I can cancel and not charge the card on the reservation. I'm put on hold for 3 minutes then told that the manager isn't in today and no I can't cancel the reservation. They're going to still charge my card. I explain that I have been waiting for an hour for the complimentary shuttle after being told that it would be there in 15 minutes.
Long story short; my convenience and comfort didn't seem to matter when there was an issue with service. When I arrived and had to deal with the desk agents face to face it was even more unpleasant. The room was clean but in disrepair. Oh, and this is right on the Amtrak train line to every couple of hours throughout the night there's an incredibly loud train right outside your door. Not a fun experience.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Oahu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

Firstly, the room was decent. On a scale of 1 - 10 ... it is a 6.5. NOT bad at all. Clean, and well appointed. The mattress could have been harder though. Marie working the swing shift at the desk is a nice lady. She did call the room around 2200 hours and asked me if I needed anything. I would NOT have appreciated that call if I were asleep. When I checked in, the maintenance guy helped me with my bags. Thank God he was there because I have three (3) bags.

Shame on you Days Inn. I've stayed at Days Inn all across America and this by far is the worse. Why? There is not any service with your bags at all. Since I was expected to spend U$100.00 for one night in Fort Lauderdale in a low income area... I was expecting significantly more. Firstly, I didn't know it was a motel. I don't usually stay in motels for one night. I like help with my bags. I struggled with three (3) bags at checkout. In addition, Serant the night Auditor has ZERO personality; ZERO. He doesn't say good morning when one says morning. He didn't want to call the shuttle service to inform the driver I was ready to be taken to the airport, he told me, "I didn't make the reservation." Uhnnnn? And duhhh! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. After bugging him a few times he called the driver and within five (5) minutes, the driver showed up.
This hotel is good if… 1.) one is traveling with one bag… ONLY, 2.) don’t care if one gets to and from the airport without having to call a few times and 3.) have a better than average breakfast.

Hope this review is helpful!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
land of sun and fun
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2008

its ok. ..After you get over the mold and smelly rust looking water in the toilet and the 20 dollar hookers that lurk the parking lot..
Honestly its fits in the standards of the area . Ft. Lauderdale hotel standards are not of much anyway, I think the whole area is near slums and hotels are far over priced compairrd to national standards.Seems to be bums all about the city.

Next trip try Myrtle Beach SC where hosipility is endless ...

• Liked — 69 bucks a night
  • Disliked — the hookers
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North? Share your experiences!