“Dirty/yukky/loud” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1595 West Oakland Park Boulevard, I-95 & Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311   |
Ranked #123 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Bielefeld, Germany
“Dirty/yukky/loud”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for four times, always one night. The roomes were old and dirty. Fleas in the rooms!!!!!! And roaches!!!! Every hour there is a train coming nearby the hotel. It is hard even to sleep. The only pros: They have a shuttle service to the airport. The breakfast is a typically continental breakfast. The Ft. Lauderdale Airport is about 15 minutes away, the beach about 25.
The price with 72$ is for the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area ok, but not for this hotel. I would never go there again. I still have to take care about the fleas!!

Room Tip: Higher level to the backside
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked a one night stay here back in April of 2013 before going on a cruise. I made the reservation about a month early online. Received a confirmation email. However when I showed up on the date around 10pm with my 3 children waiting in the car, woman at desk named Elizabeth gave me an attitude and told me my credit card was declined earlier that day so they gave my room away. Which was absolute nonsense how could I go on vacation with a declined credit card on day one. My bank confirmed they never ran my card and I never even received notification after the confirmation email from the hotel if there was a problem. I was highly upset because I was now in another state with 3 tired children and no room to stay in. When I expressed how upset I was Elizabeth's attitude escalated to the point she was ready to get in physical fight with me. Not to mention a group of guys who were drinking beers in the lobby were watching. Worst experience I have ever had in my life at a hotel. I had to Google search from my phone and find another hotel, think we stayed at the Marriott which was excellent and I used the same credit card with no problem. I am glad I did not stay at the days inn because another friend who I was traveling with did stay there and said the rooms where disgusting and bed sheets had stains on them. Neither one of us will ever book there again. Especially due to the class of employees they have running the office.

• Stayed April 2014
Glendive, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We arrived very late from the Fort Lauderdale airport and just needed a place to sleep. The first thing we encountered was the rude night clerk. Not being used to being in a bigger city, we didn't know that cash was not accepted. We didn't know that you couldn't enter the lobby where the clerk stays. The only room available was a smoking room. And I will never make that mistake again! Our clothes were saturated with the smoke smell, just from sleeping in the bed. I went to the bathroom as soon as we entered the room and there were 4 cockroaches by and under the garbage can. We immediately checked for bed bugs and thank God there weren't any. Under any other circumstances we would have left immediately but we were completely exhausted. We put all of our luggage up high, slept, got up early and checked out. The coninental breakfast was a joke. Apples, oranges, corn flakes and fruit loops and some muffins. Please don't waste your money!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and there is an elevator but we didn't know that thanks to no help from...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Urbandale, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The lobby was nice and the desk clerk was nice but walk out the door and around the corner to the actual hotel and there is nothing nice. I would not even want to guess what the stains on the carpet were and the rest of the room was just as filthy. I have stayed at a lot of Days Inn hotels and been very happy and comfortable but this one should not carry the Days Inn name.

They also advertise free airport shuttle service. If you plan to use the shuttle, don't schedule a flight before 8:00 am or you will have to pay for a service/taxi at $30. I didn't realize shuttle services had "bankers" hours.

We were only there when it was dark but you add the appearance of a questionable neighborhood to walk to a restaurant, I say run, don't walk from this hotel until they do major renovation. Even then, I would question the shuttle service. Add $30 transport to the price and I could stay at a nice hotel that does run their shuttle service to accomodate guests.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North

Address: 1595 West Oakland Park Boulevard, I-95 & Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #123 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
Days Inn Oakland Park
Fort Lauderdale Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.